Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
The Beatles
Gifted

Zooz is sweet stuff
Zooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuff

Default I have a suggestion for fluff posters

Do not continuously post a fluff reply on your own thread after every post. Here is an example that I made up:

"Thanks for posting! Rep for you! Anyone else want to reply?"

This seems like you are begging for more posts and trying to increase your own post count.

If you thread is interesting and helpful, you do not need to continously post on it yourself! It will stand on its own.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

bballmars is too good to be truebballmars is too good to be truebballmars is too good to be true
bballmars is too good to be truebballmars is too good to be truebballmars is too good to be truebballmars is too good to be truebballmars is too good to be truebballmars is too good to be truebballmars is too good to be truebballmars is too good to be truebballmars is too good to be truebballmars is too good to be truebballmars is too good to be truebballmars is too good to be truebballmars is too good to be truebballmars is too good to be true

Default Re: I have a suggestion for fluff posters

I see what your saying! When i make a thread, (which i rarely do) i like to reply to a lot of the people. I mean like actually reply, just so i know what's going on in my thread and all that. I guess just sometimes to note that i see their point and am not ingoring it. But yes, i agree with yuou!
Old 06-02-2009, 08:53 PM   #3
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

This is a great point, zooz.
I do that, too, bballmars. IMO that's a way of showing you're not just posting it for rep, but to see what people think.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 06-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #4
I'm a Shabby Chic

peggios knows the way
peggios knows the waypeggios knows the waypeggios knows the waypeggios knows the way

I agree. I don't like it when someone keeps posting over and over just to "bump" their post to the top, but, if a post get too far down the threads list, it doesnt' seem like it gets noticed. I'm not sure what to do then. Like on the house thread, so many people post there and update that even if I add new rooms in the morning, by night it can be on the second page of threads! Then no one sees my new rooms. I, also, reply to people who post on my thread, but REAL replies and thanking them for taking the time to post!!! I am sincere when I do that though!
peggios is offline Female
Old 06-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #5
MicsKinz
Gift Guru

AddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud of

Donation Award 

I actually agree with both sides. If you do post continuously, like "any more responses?", etc. then I consider that fluff. But if the original poster is replying to opinions, it shows me that they are interested in what I have to say. So many times we'll respond on a thread and the OP never seems to come back to even read it. And I think, well, why did they bother to ask the question if they didn't want an answer.

And I do think that a simple "thank you" is warranted when someone gives you good advice or help.
AddictedMom is offline Female
Old 06-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #6
The Beatles
Gifted

Zooz is sweet stuff
Zooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuff

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading comments that add to their original idea, or answer a specific question, whether the poster is the author or not. I guess what bothers me is when the thread starter continues to post after every reply by asking for more replies. I think thanks are more appreciated when they are given on user profiles or via rep points. It's just a tiny bit annoying to see the same thread back at the top when the only new comment is from the original author asking if anyone else wants to reply to their thread.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #7
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

100% agreed. The only times I do that I my threads is when someone makes a great point, I tell them so, or I answer a question that is asked. Also, whenever I get a lot of post, I might say "thanks for the great post everyone". Some may take it like I am trying to increase my post count, but I really am just saying thanks. What I really don't like is when I hear "anyone else want to reply". That is basically begging for post

Last edited by bob nws III; 06-02-2009 at 09:15 PM..
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 06-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #8
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

It's fluff and it's bumping. Whether you use the word "bump" or not. If your thread has not been posted on and you come back after several days and post "anyone else" or the like, that is bumping and will probably get your thread closed or deleted.
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 06-03-2009, 07:33 AM   #9
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

I have to disagree for your example...

I always comment on most of the posts on my thread and say "Thanks for posting! Glad you like my idea. Oh, that's a good point, I'll add that to the front page " Stuff like that.
I just like to make it known that I actually take time to read each post, and I like to recognize people's opinions.

I don't think that's fluff...

However if you jus post "anyone else have any comments?" after nobody posted for a few days it's bumping or fluff.
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Old 06-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #10
I Wish You Would

panda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forum
panda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forum

What about naming shops? 'Cause I know that mine might be at the top one morning, but that night, it'll be at the bottom. Then my assistants and I say, "Anyone else need any names?" We don't do it to increase our post amount (at least, I don't). And I don't advocate doing "bump, bump, bumpity" stuff.

If mine isn't towards the top of of the thread list, then people won't come check it out. What should I do?
panda886 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
code orange