Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #21
love love love 311!!
Webkinz :)

F.O.B.rocks is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: i have seen this alot on wi...

to ev1 that was told thr not allowed 2 use txtmssg lng:U R ALLOWED TO USE IT!
i use it all the time. it does make u 1 bad splr,but owell. no 1s gonna get banned or thr post tkn away,unless it says smthn bad. but u r allowed to.

No, the rules state that we would like you all to NOT use text speak. We would like you to take the time and write your posts out in English.
We also would like you to NOT use blue and red ink as that is reserved for admins. I encourage you to re-read the forum rules and guidelines at this time.
-Momma501

Last edited by momma501; 09-27-2008 at 11:01 AM..
F.O.B.rocks is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2008, 10:27 AM   #22
Bacillys

What is being pointed out it is not TXT lingo but ebonics which is it very different.

THIS IS EBONICS '' I hace20 cats. Man, it si hawt todat.. me bored

not TXT lingo

TXT is brb lol 2U

and I think that if one is using TXT in the proper way I say go for it bc it can save alot of time and it is good practice for College when you have to shorthand it

Besides the older people have been doing it for years just in their way and they are ussually now ****ed off bc they are not able to keep up with it

So I say IF TXT is used correctly it should be fine bc it is very simple to read

But Ebonics has not place anywhere.

One of my friends goes to a school that costs $15.000 per year for third grade and they have a required course in Txting.

I know that some Ivy league schools also have a similar course as one of my cousins has taken it. I will not put the name down bc if I do it might be taken down but it is a top school.

Besides when did you ever see a blog that doesn't use those TXT words, some of them can even be found in the Webster Dict. now. "I think that a few years back 30 of them when it"
Look it up for yourself.

The point is TXT is here to stay and even though you might not like it ....... You just have to adjust bc it will not go anywhere ever ........It is the 21th century adjustment to language.

Learn it before you can't even find where the milk is in the supermarket. lol

You have to know but you don't have to use it all the time.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:41 AM   #23
aweicker
Gift Guru

Bonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by SARAHxx0x
i only use omg and lol. i think those are fine.
Even Mods and Admins use "LOL." That's not really text speak, but rather general internet lingo. BRB, LOL, ROFL, TTYL, OMG, FYI, IMO, etc. are common across the internet, and have been in use for years. Acronyms are not text speak.

Text speak would be the goofy abbreviations that not everyone would understand - it would include the unnatural and improper shortening of words, replacing words or letters with numbers, etc.

"Hi guyz, wut r u up 2?" would be consider text speak.
"OMG i hav 2 get ready 2 leave 4 schl in like 2 minz. im gonna b l8 brb" - text speak.
"OMG. I have to get ready to leave for school in like 2 mins. I'm gonna be late! BRB." - acceptable.

Any kind of "AOL chatspeak" would be unacceptable as well. Example:
"dud3 my m0m s4yz 1 c4nt us3 w3bk1nz f0r 2 w33kz cuz 1 g0t a D 0n my h1st0ry t3st" - totally unacceptable.

---------- Bonsai added 9 Minutes and 23 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by F.O.B.rocks
to ev1 that was told thr not allowed 2 use txtmssg lng:U R ALLOWED TO USE IT!
i use it all the time. it does make u 1 bad splr,but owell. no 1s gonna get banned or thr post tkn away,unless it says smthn bad. but u r allowed to.
Please take a moment to reread the forum rules, They're in a sticky at the top of the Rules & Suggestions forum. It's a post by Kevin that read "Forum Rules - Please read before posting.

You may also want to note that RED and BLUE are reserved for mod/admin use only. Members are not allowed to use those colors in the forums. Just a friendly heads up so you don't end up in trouble.

Last edited by Bonsai; 09-27-2008 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Bonsai is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 10:42 AM   #24
basketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roost

it can be annoying.
wait, are you talking about like using "u" instead of you or "y" instead of why or "r" instead of are?
basketball91395 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #25

beachrox will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by colleenabeena
its a rulee?

i didnt know thatt.

i dont think its annoying at all.
people type different ways and maybe they are just used to typingg like that....
:[
It is a rule not to spam. But it is allowed on the DCT.
beachrox is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 10:54 AM   #26
Andykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by basketball91395
it can be annoying.
wait, are you talking about like using "u" instead of you or "y" instead of why or "r" instead of are?
yeah, why????
Andykinz is offline Male
Old 09-27-2008, 11:05 AM   #27
PinkRed Balloons
Gift Guru

momma501 has a reputation beyond reputemomma501 has a reputation beyond reputemomma501 has a reputation beyond reputemomma501 has a reputation beyond reputemomma501 has a reputation beyond reputemomma501 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks. Just to clear this up - using text speak is something we would like you NOT to do here on WI. Some things like LOL or BRB are universally known and certainly fine, but much more than that is not OK. Many people do not text and do not understand that text speak, and if you're going to take the time to post and contribute to the forum, we ask that you do so in English so it can be read and understood by all.

I'd invite any of you who were unclear on this to re-read the forum rules and guidelines.

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/forum-rules-read-t3999.html
momma501 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #28

beachrox will become famous soon enough

Thank you Momma501
beachrox is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 11:12 AM   #29
basketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by Andykinz
yeah, why????
just wondering. i used to do that, but since i type much faster and i like to type i don't do that. i did that like 2 years ago. here are the abbreviations i use, and if you think i should not use some of these, plz tell me which ones, i will not:
gtg
lol
brb
2marow
2nite
xDD (which is not a real word...)
ttyl
cya
basketball91395 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 11:26 AM   #30
Edward♥Cullen

E-Angel is a jewel in the roughE-Angel is a jewel in the rough

do you guys mean like if someone types like:
ex. 1) i abbrv. evrthin i typ! sum1 likes u! pizza iz so gd!
or
ex 2) i abbereviate everything i type! someone likes u! pizza is so good!
(i abreviate sum things like in ex. 2 is that ok?)
E-Angel is offline Female
Closed