Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 09:02 AM   #1
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

Wink I Don't Think This is Right...

Okay, so I've been to a few shops, I'm not going to name any names, buts please don't feel bad. Okay, so I've seen, a good handful of shops that are removing the names of the websites off the graphics they make on websites, I mean, using a generator and etc. is not bad, don't get confused. I just don't think it's right to take of the name of the website because they put it there so you can't say that it's yours completely, because you created it on a website.
Also, if you go to http:/************sworld.com/for those 'plops' did you read what it said up at the top?
Adopt a Plop!
These Plops are to be adopted ONLY from this site. DO NOT take these and offer them on your site for others to take. It is required that you leave the link back to this site in the code, that is the whole point so that others can come here and find them too. If I keep finding people not following these terms I will discontinue the Plops.

I mean they are sooo cute. But, it says not to take or offer like most of the owbers of shops were doing, and many other people off WebkinzInsider... I'm not saying remove them from your shop... it says link back right?

Please don't take this post as in something mean, just pointing it out. Tell me what you think...

Emma8432 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: I Don't Think This is Right...

You're right. It's plagiarism, and it's against the law.
Desty is offline Female
Old 07-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
carry on.
Gifted

coolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roost

You're definitely right. At least write where you got it from at the top.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
ytsirhc

live4webkinz is just really nicelive4webkinz is just really nice

defintely right. and if you don't like giving credit, don't have it in your siggy. its simple =)
live4webkinz is offline Female
Old 07-06-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

You are quite right, shop owners must respect copyright laws. It is usually not allowed to remove or crop out the name of the site where a graphic was done.

However, if the shop owner is a paying member of a particular graphics site, they are often allowed to remove the name from the picture. We can't assume that the copyright was removed without permission. We can't investigate if that is the case and must trust to the honesty of the shop owners here.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 07-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #6
disney world.

loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!

thats right. its plagirism, against the law.
loveaerosmith is offline Female
Old 07-06-2010, 10:06 AM   #7
Gifted

smallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roost

Yep, you are right .
:]
~small
smallmonkey953 is offline Female
Old 07-06-2010, 10:12 AM   #8
hip my hair back and
webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!

Yep, you are most definitely right.
webkinz_girlyx0 is offline Female
Old 07-06-2010, 10:25 AM   #9
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
You are quite right, shop owners must respect copyright laws. It is usually not allowed to remove or crop out the name of the site where a graphic was done.

However, if the shop owner is a paying member of a particular graphics site, they are often allowed to remove the name from the picture. We can't assume that the copyright was removed without permission. We can't investigate if that is the case and must trust to the honesty of the shop owners here.
But, if they're not a paying member?
Emma8432 is offline Female
Old 07-06-2010, 11:02 AM   #10
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Emma8432
But, if they're not a paying member?
If you see a post you believe is a problem, please red-flag it for a member of the staff to review.
FIA is offline Female
Closed