Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 04:23 PM   #31
Graystripe is a
Banned
webkingirl9819 is a splendid one to beholdwebkingirl9819 is a splendid one to beholdwebkingirl9819 is a splendid one to beholdwebkingirl9819 is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: How to stop fighting on WI!

View Post Originally Posted by Pandora's Box
What great points you've made. I truely agree. 100%!! I'm going to put this on the front page of this thread.
Thanks so much! If I could, I'd give you more rep!
webkingirl9819 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #32
Webkinz :)

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by webkingirl9819
Thanks so much! If I could, I'd give you more rep!
Oh, you're welcome, you did really make some great points and I enjoyed reading what you wrote. And thanks, you don't have to give me rep though.
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 02-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #33
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

All rather good points but it is also important to remember that 'tone' *** person's expression, body language in general and things like that} rarely come through in writing so it is also important to remember that they are stating an opinion {in writing} that may or may not be what someone else reads it to be {reads in to it, the meaning}. An example of this was when someone quoted something I had responded to on a thread with "Prove it!" In that case I'm pretty sure the person was trying to be mean, but I took it literally and so took out the 'personal' aspect of it, merely by quoting them and giving the proof. I didn't respond to what I figure their 'tone' probably was, just kept giving information related to that post. Each of us has a different writing style and some {mine for example} may come off as harsh or rude because I try to {mainly} give out facts only and keep the personal aspects out of it for the most part so that has to be considered when reading anyone's posting anywhere. Thankfully I am a speedreader so I tend to read things 2 or even more times if I'm not sure of the tone or the more exact meaning, in regards to how THEY meant it. Obviously we all have different experiences and interpreting things that are only in writing can be tricky sometimes.
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 02-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #34
I'm a Piano Playing

gymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond reputegymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond reputegymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond reputegymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond reputegymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond reputegymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond repute

Great Thread!
*Rep point*
gymnasttaylor is offline Female
Old 02-07-2009, 04:43 PM   #35

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by KeyLargo
All rather good points but it is also important to remember that 'tone' *** person's expression, body language in general and things like that} rarely come through in writing so it is also important to remember that they are stating an opinion {in writing} that may or may not be what someone else reads it to be {reads in to it, the meaning}. An example of this was when someone quoted something I had responded to on a thread with "Prove it!" In that case I'm pretty sure the person was trying to be mean, but I took it literally and so took out the 'personal' aspect of it, merely by quoting them and giving the proof. I didn't respond to what I figure their 'tone' probably was, just kept giving information related to that post. Each of us has a different writing style and some {mine for example} may come off as harsh or rude because I try to {mainly} give out facts only and keep the personal aspects out of it for the most part so that has to be considered when reading anyone's posting anywhere. Thankfully I am a speedreader so I tend to read things 2 or even more times if I'm not sure of the tone or the more exact meaning, in regards to how THEY meant it. Obviously we all have different experiences and interpreting things that are only in writing can be tricky sometimes.
Wow, that's a very good point. I don't always think of that when I see someone post, but that could well be the cause with some people. Thank you! I'm going to put this post on the front page.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:02 PM   #36
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

I'm guessing I may be part of the reason you made this thread, and apologize for any ill feeling.

I agree, never be rude, but there are many conceptions of rude. I try never to be rude, but I do state an opinion. When People ask for an opinion on something, or ask if someone likes something, answering honestly, "No I really don't because of XXXX" isn't rude.

Giving a reason for why you dislike something is best, because then it brings up a topic for debate which is always fun. (Also, it show that some dooesn't just say they hate something for attention.) For instance, 'I hate the jobros! They stink!" is rude, but "I really don't like the jobros, their music seems repitive" is OK, in my book.

Prehaps it's just online we can't hear voices (that sounded weird) or see facel expressions, so it's hard to tell, and peopel get mad easily over somthing that was misinterperted.

To wrap it up with one last point, debate isn't rude, but bashing is. Those are my thoughts, so in essence, I agree with you.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 02-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #37

View Post Originally Posted by Ivie
I'm guessing I may be part of the reason you made this thread, and apologize for any ill feeling.

I agree, never be rude, but there are many conceptions of rude. I try never to be rude, but I do state an opinion. When People ask for an opinion on something, or ask if someone likes something, answering honestly, "No I really don't because of XXXX" isn't rude.

Giving a reason for why you dislike something is best, because then it brings up a topic for debate which is always fun. (Also, it show that some dooesn't just say they hate something for attention.) For instance, 'I hate the jobros! They stink!" is rude, but "I really don't like the jobros, their music seems repitive" is OK, in my book.

Prehaps it's just online we can't hear voices (that sounded weird) or see facel expressions, so it's hard to tell, and peopel get mad easily over somthing that was misinterperted.

To wrap it up with one last point, debate isn't rude, but bashing is. Those are my thoughts, so in essence, I agree with you.
Thank you for the apology, that was very nice of you and I really apreciate it. But you weren't the whole reason I made this thread.

But sometimes even if you try to state an opinion politely, it can still sound sort of impolite. like if someone says something like "Jobros stink, I hate them" or in a more polite way like "I severly dislike the jobros, and I hear joe is mean to people" (just an example) as you can see, it still isn't entirely polite. Because sometimes, if you make an opinion based on something you've heard, and not from first hand, it sometimes can still sound impolite.That's what can sometimes get people very upset or angry to cause an arguement.
And that's similar to somethings I've heard about twilight as well, like we were discussing...

I do believe that we are all entitled to our opinions, but sometimes it can sort of come off as impolite or hurtful to others. And I know that most people don't mean to be that way. But you're right, because it is harder to tell what people are actually feeling since you can't hear the tone of their voice, or see their facial expressions, that is a great point. So, I do agree with most of the points you posted.

Last edited by Pandora's Box; 02-07-2009 at 08:43 PM..
Old 02-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #38
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

I agree, however, context is also important. For instance, if i were to go to a twilint fansite and say 'I don't like Twlight, I think Bella is a bad role-model." it would be rude. Saying it on a "What do you think of Twilight thread?" isn't rude, the way I see it.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 02-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #39

I agree, however I still think if it's a thread where so many people like that subject (like twilight, miley, jobros etc), that people should consider the other people posting, because it might hurt someone's feelings or cause an arguement if something is said that would seem impolite or not acurate to the subject. I think your opinion should always be posted, but in a way that concise and doesn't linger on so that is describing how much you hate something in a situtation where someone might feel angry, sad, etc. It's just something I feel would be beneficial to stop arguements.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #40
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

True, yapping on and on about something is annoying and can be hurtful.
Ivie is offline Female
Closed

Tags
clublab30 gotta tag!, clublab30 gotz a tag!, great post pandora!, gymnasttaylor was here!, pandora has a point! xd, webkingirl9819 was here