Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

Wink How to stop fighting on WI!

Hi everyone!

I just think people shouldn't fight on WI. It's not fun for either person who is fighting. Here are some ways you can prevent it.

1) If someone says something that you disagree with, ignore the post or say politely that you disagree with the opinion expressed.

2) If someone says something that is rude or inapropriot, report them, don't get into an arguement. And if you flag their post, don't quote them, because if their post gets deleted so will yours.

3) Try to avoid arguements as much as possible, and if it's a thread that's a topic that you don't like (like twilight for example), don't post comments that are impolite or offensive other members or don't post at all.

4) But most of all the thing you can do to avoid arguements, is to just be polite. Arguements are usually started if someone is impolite. Everyone can express their opinion, but it should be in a nice way!

I know it's sometimes hard to take this advice (I have had troubles sometimes myself. I'm not perfect.), but it's the right thing to do and it does help! By doing this, we can make WI a fun place for everyone!

Please post your opinion!

Thanks!

Pandora

Here are some good points....

View Post Originally Posted by MissGnomie
I also just wanted to add to your wonderful advice... if you see any fighting or serious disagreements, please flag it so a staff member can step in and speak with the person/people.
View Post Originally Posted by icecube730
I agree wif this, all of it. I also think if you state an opinion, and someone disagrees and says something rude, the very best thing to do is just walk away. They may say you're backing down, being a wimp, etc, but if you step up and do fight with the member, you'll be known as a bully. If you alk away, you seem like a nicer, stronger person.

It takes a strong man to fight, but an even stronger one to walk away.
View Post Originally Posted by Teamplaya2
Great thread! It is hard to stay out of arguments when you arent the one that started it. I have had this problem, it is hard just to let it go sometimes.
View Post Originally Posted by lizzyxwebkinz
I agree. I almost quit WI last week or so because so many people started fights with me and then blamed it on me; or they got mad if i didint agree with them and I stated my opinion nicely
rep!
View Post Originally Posted by webkingirl9819
I'm glad you brought this up. It's weird how when people fight, they barely even notice that their fighting! They just keep fighting not knowing that there could be little kids watching them and they ignore everything else that's going on. I also see people fighting and someone politely asks them to stop, but they don't stop. If you find yourself fighting, remember that there could be little kids watching and If someone asks you to stop fighting, please stop. I know how hard it it to not fight. Someone could make you mad and you want to fight with them, but please don't. I know that everyone here wants WI to be a safe place, so lets all come together and make WI a great place! Rep 4 you!
View Post Originally Posted by KeyLargo
All rather good points but it is also important to remember that 'tone' *** person's expression, body language in general and things like that} rarely come through in writing so it is also important to remember that they are stating an opinion {in writing} that may or may not be what someone else reads it to be {reads in to it, the meaning}. An example of this was when someone quoted something I had responded to on a thread with "Prove it!" In that case I'm pretty sure the person was trying to be mean, but I took it literally and so took out the 'personal' aspect of it, merely by quoting them and giving the proof. I didn't respond to what I figure their 'tone' probably was, just kept giving information related to that post. Each of us has a different writing style and some {mine for example} may come off as harsh or rude because I try to {mainly} give out facts only and keep the personal aspects out of it for the most part so that has to be considered when reading anyone's posting anywhere. Thankfully I am a speedreader so I tend to read things 2 or even more times if I'm not sure of the tone or the more exact meaning, in regards to how THEY meant it. Obviously we all have different experiences and interpreting things that are only in writing can be tricky sometimes.
View Post Originally Posted by rosietzu
I really like the idea of this thread. I think an important point to mention all is that we do NOT know the AGE of the person posting. It is important to treat all people with respect regardless. We do not know if the person typing is a child, a teenager, a grandmother, you get the idea.

Each stage of life brings with it its own wisdom and challenges. So what maybe be totally ok to a 40 year old would be OMG to a teenager.

rosietzu

Last edited by Pandora's Box; 02-07-2009 at 10:29 PM..
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #2

soccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant future

Default Re: How to stop fighting on WI!

Ok, not to start an argument, but this is common sense, treat others the way you want to be treated.
soccertrader is offline Male
Old 02-05-2009, 07:32 PM   #3
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful information,
rep for you!
Livi is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #4

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by soccertrader
Ok, not to start an argument, but this is common sense, treat others the way you want to be treated.
Okay, well thanks for posting.

---------- Pandora's Box added 0 Minutes and 28 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Livi
Wonderful information,
rep for you!
Thank you very much!

Last edited by Pandora's Box; 02-05-2009 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
Dude, where's my
Gift Guru

ksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Thanks for the advice!
ksoccer28 is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #6
Gifted

GymnasticsGirl has disabled reputation

Thank you this is really helphul as usual! Great job, Pandora! Rep!
GymnasticsGirl is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #7
call me Ashley. [=
Gifted

FunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud of

I know of many threads with fighting problems and I hate to see it.
Thanks for this Pandora!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #8

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

I also just wanted to add to your wonderful advice... if you see any fighting or serious disagreements, please flag it so a staff member can step in and speak with the person/people.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 09:33 PM   #9
roverbono on

dizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to behold

VERY good thread! You've earned rep, my dear .
dizzyfish101 is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #10
The Cullens love my

Popprincess816 is a name known to allPopprincess816 is a name known to allPopprincess816 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Pandora's Box
Hi everyone!

I just think people shouldn't fight on WI. It's not fun for either person who is fighting. Here are some ways you can prevent it.

1) If someone says something that you disagree with, ignore the post or say politely that you disagree with the opinion expressed.

2) If someone says something that is rude or inapropriot, report them, don't get into an arguement. And if you flag their post, don't quote them, because if their post gets deleted so will yours.

3) Try to avoid arguements as much as possible, and if it's a thread that's a topic that you don't like (like twilight for example), don't post comments that are impolite or offensive other members or don't post at all.

4) But most of all the thing you can do to avoid arguements, is to just be polite. Arguements are usually started if someone is impolite. Everyone can express their opinion, but it should be in a nice way!

I know it's sometimes hard to take this advice (I have had troubles sometimes myself), but it's the right thing to do and it does help! By doing this, we can make WI a fun place for everyone!

Please post your opinion!

Thanks!

Pandora
GOOD FOR YOU PANDORA! w00t.. good advise
Popprincess816 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
clublab30 gotta tag!, clublab30 gotz a tag!, great post pandora!, gymnasttaylor was here!, pandora has a point! xd, webkingirl9819 was here