Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
~John 3:16~
Gifted

cjjperk is just really nicecjjperk is just really nice

Exclamation How to not get hacked...

I know that there has been quite a lot of hacking going on
This thread is 1st of all a guide
Follow this and you will have an inhackable account.
1. change your password every 3 days. Make it something that uses a random # and letter combination. Just make sure to write it down.
2. Delete friends you don't know well. And don't overfill your friends list.
3. Don't keep many items in your dock. If someone does hack you, they won't think you have good items and they will leave.
4. If you have very valuable items, and you want to keep them somewhere. Keep them hidden. Maybe in a toy chest. Or for the big ones, stick a book shelf in front of it so you can't see it.
5. Don't throw away your webkinz tags. If someone found it and found out your username, they can go to forgot password and change it.
6. Don't give out your password of coarse.
7. Try not to post your username on WI. You might get exess invites for your friends list from strangers or hackers.
8. Don't brag about your items, if people see you have Good items, they willtry to hack you

If anyone has been hacked, share it here, if you need to vent in any way.

Spoiler: show
If you have been hacked out of a real good item, it's ok, not the end of the world. It has happened to me twice.

Edit:
Thanks to T_T I have learned that the @ symbol is allowed in changing your password.

Edit: Thanks to leopardlizard, I have a new trick to find out who hacked you. If it is still in the same day, You can only send a gift once in a day. So send something like almonds to each of your friends and the one who it says you have already sent an item to that person today, that would be the hacker.

Last edited by cjjperk; 07-22-2009 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: adding sudgestions
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #2
Twilight FREAK Here!
Banned
carolinebff is a name known to allcarolinebff is a name known to allcarolinebff is a name known to all

Default Re: To hack or not to hack

This is a great thread, but the only person who has ever gotten into my account was my BFFz friend. . . (yeah, don't know how that happened . .. ). So I don't really worry about it. And I don't get on much. So it's ok.

Caroline
carolinebff is offline Female
Old 07-22-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
Gifted

Default Re: To hack or not to hack

View Post Originally Posted by carolinebff
This is a great thread, but the only person who has ever gotten into my account was my BFFz friend. . . (yeah, don't know how that happened . .. ). So I don't really worry about it. And I don't get on much. So it's ok.

Caroline
Never herd that happen before, Sorry bout that!
Old 07-22-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
T_T
I'm hungry for some
Webkinz :)

T_T is a glorious beacon of lightT_T is a glorious beacon of lightT_T is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: How to not get hacked...

Here is another tip:

Try using the character "@" in your password. Password guessing programs do not use that character.
T_T is offline Male
Old 07-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by T_T
Here is another tip:

Try using the character "@" in your password. Password guessing programs do not use that character.
Thanks for the tip,
Well, I wish I knew that when my tea cart went missing
Old 07-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #6
Gifted

lil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talent

I have never been hacked, and I hope I never will be. This is a good guide. I will try to follow these... And I keep my secret codes somewhere special where I only know where they are... And I have all of the tags there... And.. REP for you!

~lil_horse_lover
lil_horse_lover is offline Female
Old 07-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #7
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by lil_horse_lover
I have never been hacked, and I hope I never will be. This is a good guide. I will try to follow these... And I keep my secret codes somewhere special where I only know where they are... And I have all of the tags there... And.. REP for you!

~lil_horse_lover
Thanks very much, I hope you don't get hacked, (not fun)
Old 07-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #8
T_T
I'm hungry for some
Webkinz :)

T_T is a glorious beacon of lightT_T is a glorious beacon of lightT_T is a glorious beacon of light

I gave you a rep for a great guide, and I'm feeling generous.
T_T is offline Male
Old 07-22-2009, 02:34 PM   #9
Gifted

Thanks very much!
Old 07-22-2009, 02:38 PM   #10
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

Very good guide.
My friend got hacked, all of her items missing and she had barely any Kinz Cash. She said she didn't give away anything but... you never know. She is not a member of WI and most of those people aren't perfect with webkinz.
Emma8432 is offline Female
Closed