Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 12:01 AM   #461
oo hoo! Nickelcat is
Gifted

Nickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no bounds
Nickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no bounds

Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee (UPDATED ON SEP. 7th ) !!!

Thanks, Azriel, for answering my question about the difference between posts and threads. Now that I understand, here is another question: under our avatar, there is a number for how many posts a member has. Does this number include only posts (replies) or does it also include new threads created by a member? If it includes both, is there somewhere where the numbers are broken down? Thanks for any help you can give!
Nickelcat is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2008, 12:22 AM   #462
Rainribbon
Gifted

Rainribbon has a spectacular aura aboutRainribbon has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee (UPDATED ON SEP. 7th ) !!!

I'm pretty sure that your post count includes all posts you've ever made, even those which start threads. I don't think the site's programming can differentiate between types of posts, and I assume that those which aren't fluff have to be manually counted by the readers who review them.

I also had a question about the application process: are you told if you are rejected, or only if you are accepted? I understand that you can't ask why you have been rejected, but I'm wondering how you know that you have been.
Rainribbon is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 04:32 AM   #463
OW! I'm a
Gift Guru

Azriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Nickelcat
Thanks, Azriel, for answering my question about the difference between posts and threads. Now that I understand, here is another question: under our avatar, there is a number for how many posts a member has. Does this number include only posts (replies) or does it also include new threads created by a member? If it includes both, is there somewhere where the numbers are broken down? Thanks for any help you can give!
It does include your Threads. To determine how many posts you have, go to MY POST and then to MY THREADS. Count how many threads you have created and then subtract that from your total post.

You will find MY POST right under the words SUN on the WebkinzInsider banner at the top.

View Post Originally Posted by Rainribbon
I'm pretty sure that your post count includes all posts you've ever made, even those which start threads. I don't think the site's programming can differentiate between types of posts, and I assume that those which aren't fluff have to be manually counted by the readers who review them.

I also had a question about the application process: are you told if you are rejected, or only if you are accepted? I understand that you can't ask why you have been rejected, but I'm wondering how you know that you have been.
No, you're right, the programing doesn't differentiate post from threads but the mods who review your application look at every post and can determine how many you really have, which ones are "real" and whether you'll be a good candidate for the GE. You can't ask why... if you are not contacted (through PM) and your name is off the list, keep on writing good posts and reapply. I don't think they send a PM for rejections. I don't really know everything they look for. I don't even know what is considered "fluff" except for obvious fluff post. What they want to see is a helpful person who is involved in the community. Believe me, the GE is alot of work, worth it, but requires your dedication. WI tries really hard to keep this site on track and I thank them for that... but it means that they have to make sure they make the right decisions. They don't really know you... but they try... only through your post can they see who your are. Just let your colors shine...
Azriel is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 10:25 AM   #464
Umm..IDK! xDD
Webkinz :)

[xo] Soccer♥ is on a distinguished road

Wow. What a great guide! I better get started to my 50 non-fluff posts!
Thanks SO much!! I am sure this has helped so many members, and it will help even more members! I have read, and re-read this thread a lot of times, so I hope I will be able to become a Gift Trainee. Thanks again! Considering, I am a member for 2 weeks exactly, today!

-Soccer
[xo] Soccer♥ is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 03:44 PM   #465
oo hoo! Nickelcat is
Gifted

Nickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no bounds
Nickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no bounds

Thank you, Azriel and Rainribbon! I appreciate your quick responses to my questions. It is very helpful when answering posts to keep in mind that you want to be friendly, helpful, informative, and to show your true self so the moderators can get a "feel" for who you are when evaluating your posts. I will continue to make this my goal!
Nickelcat is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #466
Autism Awareness
Webkinz :)

WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!

Thanks so much,I would never have known.
WWhimsyDragon
WWhimsyDragon is offline Female
Old 11-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #467
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 

View Post Originally Posted by Nickelcat

....No, Threads do not count....only posts count.
You need 50+ good posts from all over the Forum *except* for the forums I
stated do not count.
They do not all need to be *helpful.* ( Please reread my thread again. )
.....If you are refused, please contact a Moderator. They are able to see
*why* you were refused and could help lead you in the right direction.

*If* you're refused, please don't give up.....just try again.

( I'll post the thread again, below this. )

Last edited by Gingerly; 11-17-2008 at 04:03 PM..
Gingerly is offline Female
Old 11-17-2008, 04:01 PM   #468
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 

Does your Gift Trainee Application keep getting rejected? Well here are tips on
how to do the 50 + posts that you need.
( ** You must be a member of WI for 2 weeks before starting this.)

........Posts in the following areas do not count toward your 50.....

# 1...Contest Section.
# 2...The Polls.
# 3...Help I Need A Pet Name.
# 4...Role Plays.
# 5...The Rumor Mill.

( NOTE..Threads don't count, only posts.)

DON'T.....Copy and Paste responses.
DON'T......Make *fluff* posts.
Here are some examples of FLUFF posts....
LOL. Gee that's funny.
I don't know.
I agree.
Lalalalalala.
Hahahaha.

Please use full sentences or nice paragraphs when posting. Avoid abbreviations
or *text speak.*

HERE ARE THE DOs......

# 1...Welcome new members with a cheery hello. Tell them to read the FAQ and
where it's located.

# 2...Congratulate. Find members who got a new Webby or finally, their Crown
of Wonder, or other longed-for items.

# 3...Be Helpful. Look around the Forum for people needing help.

# 4...Be Supportive....If a member has lost items in Webkinz World, is having
problems logging on or with glitches, tell them you're
sorry the problem has been happening to them.

# 5...Join in on conversations....Go to Genl Disc/Chat and find conversations you
can contribute to.

ABOVE ALL.....Never, ever be rude to anyone. Talk to people exactly the way you
would want someone to talk to you.

We want you to be an active member of WI....Posting allows people to get to
know you....this is how friendships are formed here..the rewards are endless.

Good luck everyone!

** Please Note.....This thread tells you *how* to make good posts, to become a Gifted Trainee, it is NOT the thread on which you apply to become one!

Once you feel you've done 50+ good posts, go to this link and
post your agreement.

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...t-t219641.html
Last edited by Gingerly; 09-07-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Gingerly is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 05:29 PM   #469
Think Pink~
Gift Guru

alex1920 knows the way
alex1920 knows the wayalex1920 knows the way

How do you contact a mod. if your not supossed to complain to them? thanks for posting this awsome thread so i can become a gift trainee.
alex1920 is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 06:04 PM   #470
flipflop601

Thanks!! My post is off the thread to apply andi didnt get a pm or email does thar mean i didnt make it?

And can i repost now?
Closed

Tags
andi, busy playing minecraft, exterminate, googles always prevail, kenzie ♥s joey graceffa, rabbit1, rip wi, wi the ghost town