Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #1051
StarrBeeLuv
Webkinz :)
 
SassySparkle's Avatar
SassySparkle is just really niceSassySparkle is just really nice

Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee ~ Updated August 24, 2009~

This helps ALOT! Thank you beary much!
SassySparkle is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2010, 08:54 AM   #1052
1collector
Gifted
 
wkwcollecter's Avatar
wkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 
Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee ~ Updated August 24, 2009~

I am trying one more time to get in the ge. If I don't get accepted this time then I am at a loss, I am completely stumped as to what i need to do to get out of the regular webkinz trading rooms.

Thank, You for the oportunity to vent on this thread. I dont know what i did since the last time i got rejected, but this time I finally got accepted.

Thank you all again

Last edited by wkwcollecter; 01-08-2010 at 08:54 AM..
wkwcollecter is offline Female
Old 01-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #1053
Webkinz :)
 
Margo's Avatar
Margo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be true
Margo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be true

Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee ~ Updated August 24, 2009~

View Post Originally Posted by wkwcollecter
Ok then i have no idea why i got turned down.
I know i have WAY over 50 non fluff posts. The only thing i have ever done that is considered fluff is thanking people when they congradulate me on something (which i disagree should be considered fluff because i feel if i dont thank they i am being rude).
I have met every one of the requirements and have a through understanding of all rules and regulations in the entire site (including the ge). The only thing i don't know about the site is how to edit and post in the wiki (which i don't believe is required to know). And yes, I have posted probably about a third of my total posts in the 'please help' section. If you look at my reputation compared to how many posts i have you can clearly see that most of my posts are helpful or informative.

It is very frustrating when you know you have met ever requirement and you don't get accepted. If those are NOT the true requirements of getting into the ge and the actual requirements are something like 1000 non fluff posts then i understand, but i believe the TRUE requirements should be posted on there. Although I know that when i only had 50 non fluff posts i was not ready to go to the ge, I have seen a few that posted their applications with 50 non fluff, all helpful, posts and they still were turned down.

I strongly believe that if they are not going to accept people that have less then 500 non fluff posts then they should specify that in the rules to apply instead of the 50.

I know I am ranting a bit, but even though I am grown up, I still feel like the ge is a popularity contest back in high school (wow that was a LONG time ago). Those who chit chat to their friend in the forums get accepted and those who come here just for the information and knowledge of webkinz and don't want to socialize don't get in.
I couldn't agree more. I was rejected though I met the requirements. I was told that there wasn't room, but then why have an open thread for people to apply? I asked a lot of questions about the procedure but never got any real answers. It would be nice to know what criteria is applied to choose between the various applicants who meet the requirements since 10 people applying for 3 spots (for example) means that there must be some method to pick the winners. I still don't understand why we cannot be told why we were rejected or why we are not permitted to ask.

Congrats on getting in wkwcollecter! I can't bring myself to apply again because I haven't done anything differently since being rejected so there is no reason to expect I would ever be accepted.
Margo is offline Female
Old 01-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #1054
Banned
MissPuppy is a WI addict!
MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!

Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee ~ Updated August 24, 2009~

View Post Originally Posted by Gingerly
Does your Gift Trainee Application keep getting rejected? Well here are tips on
how to do the 50 + posts that you need.

( ** You must be a member of WI for 2 weeks before starting this.)

........Posts in the following areas DO NOT count toward your 50.....

# 1...Contest Section.
# 2...The Polls.
# 3...Help I Need A Pet Name.
# 4...Role Plays.
# 5...The Rumor Mill.
# 6....Are you Game
# 7....Any of the *tracking* threads. ( like for Doug the Dog, Snow White, etc.)

( NOTE..Threads don't count, only posts.)

DON'T.....Copy and Paste responses.

DON'T......Make *fluff* posts.

Here are some examples of FLUFF posts....
LOL. Gee that's funny.
I don't know.
I agree.
Lalalalalala.
Hahahaha.
Silly or anything off-topic.

DON'T......Make *Bump* posts.

Bumping is when you make a post just to get your thread
back to the top of the forum threads, or to keep it from closing.
....A few examples of Bumping...
Anyone else?
Anyone want to post?
Thank you.
Aw thanks.
....The Bumping of posts is only allowed in the Gift Exchange Area!!


Please use full sentences or nice paragraphs when posting. Avoid abbreviations
or *text speak.*

HERE ARE THE DOs......

# 1...Welcome new members with a cheery hello. Tell them to read the FAQ and
where it's located.

# 2...Congratulate. Find members who got a new Webby or finally, their Crown
of Wonder, or other longed-for items.

# 3...Be Helpful. Look around the Forum for people needing help.

# 4...Be Supportive....If a member has lost items in Webkinz World, is having
problems logging on or with glitches, tell them you're
sorry the problem has been happening to them.

# 5...Join in on conversations....Go to Genl Disc/Chat and find conversations you
can contribute to.

ABOVE ALL.....Never, ever be rude to anyone. Talk to people exactly the way you
would want someone to talk to you.


We want you to be an active member of WI....Posting allows people to get to
know you....this is how friendships are formed here..the rewards are endless.

Good luck everyone!

** Please Note.....This thread tells you *how* to make good posts, to become a Gifted Trainee, it is NOT the thread on which you apply to become one!

Once you feel you've done 50+ good posts, go to this link and
post your agreement.

~~ WebkinzInsider Official Gift Exchange Information~~
Great tips, Gingerly!! I have followed most of those tips when I was just a Webkinz. They really helped!!
MissPuppy is offline
Old 01-08-2010, 04:07 PM   #1055
hat??? Me a
Gift Guru
 
IREANN's Avatar
IREANN rocks our collective socksIREANN rocks our collective socksIREANN rocks our collective socksIREANN rocks our collective socksIREANN rocks our collective socksIREANN rocks our collective socksIREANN rocks our collective socksIREANN rocks our collective socksIREANN rocks our collective socks

Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee ~ Updated August 24, 2009~

Thank you for the great guide! The only thing that would be great is if they post in the main application that if your post was deleted that that meant you were rejected.
IREANN is offline Female
Old 01-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #1056
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee ~ Updated August 24, 2009~

Hey, if i posted on the application thread, and it's not there would that be rejected? I've been tryingn to get beter posts.

Ty,
Softballipod aka Eryn
softballipod is offline Female
Old 01-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #1057
wolfyclub
Webkinz :)
 
Wolfyclub's Avatar
Wolfyclub knows the way
Wolfyclub knows the wayWolfyclub knows the way

Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee ~ Updated August 24, 2009~

Wow! This is great!
I didn't know about posting in certain sections!
Thx for the help!
Wolfyclub is offline Female
Old 01-10-2010, 09:14 PM   #1058
1collector
Gifted
 
wkwcollecter's Avatar
wkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 
Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee ~ Updated August 24, 2009~

View Post Originally Posted by softballipod
Hey, if i posted on the application thread, and it's not there would that be rejected? I've been tryingn to get beter posts.

Ty,
Softballipod aka Eryn
yes, if you posted in the application thread and you post is no longer there, and you have not recieved a pm from an admin, then your application was rejected.
Sorry

View Post Originally Posted by Margo
I couldn't agree more. I was rejected though I met the requirements. I was told that there wasn't room, but then why have an open thread for people to apply? I asked a lot of questions about the procedure but never got any real answers. It would be nice to know what criteria is applied to choose between the various applicants who meet the requirements since 10 people applying for 3 spots (for example) means that there must be some method to pick the winners. I still don't understand why we cannot be told why we were rejected or why we are not permitted to ask.

Congrats on getting in wkwcollecter! I can't bring myself to apply again because I haven't done anything differently since being rejected so there is no reason to expect I would ever be accepted.
Don't feel bad. I applied 7 or 8 times. The first time i applied is when i had a total of about 100 posts. I know back then i was posting in the tracking threads alot (doug tracking, vacation tracking, etc) and recipe making section. So i assume most of my posts were counted as fluff because of that. After that however I had made about 100 more posts in the "please help" section. I still got turned down.

I was ready to give up and not apply again after getting rejected so many times. I did however force myself to apply again and i got in this time. I don't actually know what i did differently then the other times, but I am guessing they just didnt think i was ready to enter the ge yet.

Dont give up. I have only been on the ts for a few days and I am already having fun.

Hope to see you there sometime :-)

Last edited by wkwcollecter; 01-10-2010 at 09:14 PM..
wkwcollecter is offline Female
Old 01-10-2010, 11:41 PM   #1059
Webkinz :)
 
Margo's Avatar
Margo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be true
Margo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be true

Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee ~ Updated August 24, 2009~

View Post Originally Posted by wkwcollecter
yes, if you posted in the application thread and you post is no longer there, and you have not recieved a pm from an admin, then your application was rejected.
Sorry



Don't feel bad. I applied 7 or 8 times. The first time i applied is when i had a total of about 100 posts. I know back then i was posting in the tracking threads alot (doug tracking, vacation tracking, etc) and recipe making section. So i assume most of my posts were counted as fluff because of that. After that however I had made about 100 more posts in the "please help" section. I still got turned down.

I was ready to give up and not apply again after getting rejected so many times. I did however force myself to apply again and i got in this time. I don't actually know what i did differently then the other times, but I am guessing they just didnt think i was ready to enter the ge yet.

Dont give up. I have only been on the ts for a few days and I am already having fun.

Hope to see you there sometime :-)
Actually, I do feel bad. When I applied I had no idea that meeting the posted criteria was not enough. Being rejected hurt and I am not going to let someone I don't even know tell me over and over that I am not good enough. I'm a college graduate with a degree in mathematics so I think that I could handle the gift exchange, even if there was calculus involved. But, I still don't know who exactly picks the winners or what they base the choices on and the rules still say we are not allowed to ask why we were rejected. So, I'm stuck and I can't even give away the things that I wanted to because you can't do that unless you are gifted.
Margo is offline Female
Old 01-11-2010, 12:00 AM   #1060
1collector
Gifted
 
wkwcollecter's Avatar
wkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 
Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee ~ Updated August 24, 2009~

View Post Originally Posted by Margo
Actually, I do feel bad. When I applied I had no idea that meeting the posted criteria was not enough. Being rejected hurt and I am not going to let someone I don't even know tell me over and over that I am not good enough. I'm a college graduate with a degree in mathematics so I think that I could handle the gift exchange, even if there was calculus involved. But, I still don't know who exactly picks the winners or what they base the choices on and the rules still say we are not allowed to ask why we were rejected. So, I'm stuck and I can't even give away the things that I wanted to because you can't do that unless you are gifted.
I felt the exact same way.
I was also in the same situation you are (including having a degree in industrial mathamatics, lol.
I do think that they should be more specific on what you need to do to get acepted. at the same time i can see a point as to why they don't pm everyone who was rejected. Since i first started applying i have been folling the thread and there are a suprizingly large group of people that dont read the basics at all of what you need to apply. There have been TONS of people that apply to the ge with only 10-20 posts total. I've seen people post there the exact same day they signed up to wi. Also alot more things that leads me to believe they havnt even glanced through the rules. So that being said i can understand why they don't pm everyone. I still however, think you should be able to ask a mod/admin why you didnt get in and actually get an answer.

As i said, I just got accepted this week after applying LOTS of times and being rejected. I myself had pm'd a mod/admin a while back (before they posted that you are not allowed to ask) and my message was just ignored. I do seriously feel that the guidelines should be updated so people actually know when they have a good chance of getting in.
wkwcollecter is offline Female
Closed

Tags
andi, busy playing minecraft, exterminate, googles always prevail, kenzie ♥s joey graceffa, rabbit1, rip wi, wi the ghost town

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts