Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 11:46 PM   #1041
1collector
Gifted
 
wkwcollecter's Avatar
wkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 
Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee ~ Updated August 24, 2009~

View Post Originally Posted by cocogirl211
You never get turned down just because the GE is full, or at least I have heard nothing of the kind.
When the TGE is full, they close down the application thread, but still review applications. When spots open in the TGE, the appliers deemed acceptable enter the TGE. There isn't a waiting list for us to see, but there is one for the staff to view, I bet.
As for a better chance when re-applying, I've heard that members who post on the thread to much are asked to stop posting there for a period of time, or at least until they are sure they fulfill the requirements.
... and as for being turned down, I can't tell you much because I haven't reviewed your posts. I know its frustrating, being turned down, but keep at it - you'll get there.
*My guess of why you're being turned down is that you've been posting in areas of the forum which don't count. Of course, I might (and probably am) be completely wrong.
**And I'm sure you've heard this before, but try the "Somebody Help" section. Almost all posts there, if answering a question, are considered non-fluff. Thats now I got accepted.
Ok then i have no idea why i got turned down.
I know i have WAY over 50 non fluff posts. The only thing i have ever done that is considered fluff is thanking people when they congradulate me on something (which i disagree should be considered fluff because i feel if i dont thank they i am being rude).
I have met every one of the requirements and have a through understanding of all rules and regulations in the entire site (including the ge). The only thing i don't know about the site is how to edit and post in the wiki (which i don't believe is required to know). And yes, I have posted probably about a third of my total posts in the 'please help' section. If you look at my reputation compared to how many posts i have you can clearly see that most of my posts are helpful or informative.

It is very frustrating when you know you have met ever requirement and you don't get accepted. If those are NOT the true requirements of getting into the ge and the actual requirements are something like 1000 non fluff posts then i understand, but i believe the TRUE requirements should be posted on there. Although I know that when i only had 50 non fluff posts i was not ready to go to the ge, I have seen a few that posted their applications with 50 non fluff, all helpful, posts and they still were turned down.

I strongly believe that if they are not going to accept people that have less then 500 non fluff posts then they should specify that in the rules to apply instead of the 50.

I know I am ranting a bit, but even though I am grown up, I still feel like the ge is a popularity contest back in high school (wow that was a LONG time ago). Those who chit chat to their friend in the forums get accepted and those who come here just for the information and knowledge of webkinz and don't want to socialize don't get in.
wkwcollecter is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #1042
Toph is a
Gift Guru
 
cocogirl211's Avatar
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee ~ Updated August 24, 2009~

View Post Originally Posted by wkwcollecter
Ok then i have no idea why i got turned down.
I know i have WAY over 50 non fluff posts. The only thing i have ever done that is considered fluff is thanking people when they congradulate me on something (which i disagree should be considered fluff because i feel if i dont thank they i am being rude).
I have met every one of the requirements and have a through understanding of all rules and regulations in the entire site (including the ge). The only thing i don't know about the site is how to edit and post in the wiki (which i don't believe is required to know). And yes, I have posted probably about a third of my total posts in the 'please help' section. If you look at my reputation compared to how many posts i have you can clearly see that most of my posts are helpful or informative.

It is very frustrating when you know you have met ever requirement and you don't get accepted. If those are NOT the true requirements of getting into the ge and the actual requirements are something like 1000 non fluff posts then i understand, but i believe the TRUE requirements should be posted on there. Although I know that when i only had 50 non fluff posts i was not ready to go to the ge, I have seen a few that posted their applications with 50 non fluff, all helpful, posts and they still were turned down.

I strongly believe that if they are not going to accept people that have less then 500 non fluff posts then they should specify that in the rules to apply instead of the 50.

I know I am ranting a bit, but even though I am grown up, I still feel like the ge is a popularity contest back in high school (wow that was a LONG time ago). Those who chit chat to their friend in the forums get accepted and those who come here just for the information and knowledge of webkinz and don't want to socialize don't get in.
Sorry . I didn't mean to offend by adding in the tip - I didn't realize you posted in the "Help" section... I didn't go through all your posts.
Yes, you don't know how to work the wiki. I don't, myself.
Its 50 non-fluff, which I can confirm because I got in with about 500 posts, of which about 250 or 300 of which were in "Help, I need a Pet name," and many others were in other sub-forums that don't count.
Honestly, I don't know why you're being turned down.
I can understand what you mean about high-school, its true, many times members who are accepted have a lot of posts. Although... most of them are obtained on the DCT, which doesn't count.
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 12-29-2009, 03:18 PM   #1043
tsb1997
Gift Guru
 
BalletDancer97's Avatar
BalletDancer97 is a WI addict!
BalletDancer97 is a WI addict!BalletDancer97 is a WI addict!BalletDancer97 is a WI addict!BalletDancer97 is a WI addict!BalletDancer97 is a WI addict!BalletDancer97 is a WI addict!BalletDancer97 is a WI addict!BalletDancer97 is a WI addict!BalletDancer97 is a WI addict!

Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee ~ Updated August 24, 2009~

This is a very helpful post! I really apreciate how you did this for everyone on WI trying to become a Gift Trainee, just like me. From everyone here on WI we give you a BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!
BalletDancer97 is offline Female
Old 12-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #1044
Love
Gifted
 
taytertots's Avatar
taytertots is not just visiting!taytertots is not just visiting!taytertots is not just visiting!taytertots is not just visiting!taytertots is not just visiting!taytertots is not just visiting!taytertots is not just visiting!taytertots is not just visiting!taytertots is not just visiting!taytertots is not just visiting!taytertots is not just visiting!

Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee ~ Updated August 24, 2009~

View Post Originally Posted by wkwcollecter
Ok then i have no idea why i got turned down.
I know i have WAY over 50 non fluff posts. The only thing i have ever done that is considered fluff is thanking people when they congradulate me on something (which i disagree should be considered fluff because i feel if i dont thank they i am being rude).
I have met every one of the requirements and have a through understanding of all rules and regulations in the entire site (including the ge). The only thing i don't know about the site is how to edit and post in the wiki (which i don't believe is required to know). And yes, I have posted probably about a third of my total posts in the 'please help' section. If you look at my reputation compared to how many posts i have you can clearly see that most of my posts are helpful or informative.

It is very frustrating when you know you have met ever requirement and you don't get accepted. If those are NOT the true requirements of getting into the ge and the actual requirements are something like 1000 non fluff posts then i understand, but i believe the TRUE requirements should be posted on there. Although I know that when i only had 50 non fluff posts i was not ready to go to the ge, I have seen a few that posted their applications with 50 non fluff, all helpful, posts and they still were turned down.

I strongly believe that if they are not going to accept people that have less then 500 non fluff posts then they should specify that in the rules to apply instead of the 50.

I know I am ranting a bit, but even though I am grown up, I still feel like the ge is a popularity contest back in high school (wow that was a LONG time ago). Those who chit chat to their friend in the forums get accepted and those who come here just for the information and knowledge of webkinz and don't want to socialize don't get in.
Were you ever accepted?
I have applied three times now and still have not been accepted. I know I have 50 non fluff posts cause I have counted them and have tried so hard to be helpful on the forums and nice and things... I don't get it and it makes me sad
taytertots is offline Female
Old 12-29-2009, 06:12 PM   #1045
EMH08
Webkinz :)
 
i'm unique:)'s Avatar
i'm unique:) is the cats pajamas!i'm unique:) is the cats pajamas!i'm unique:) is the cats pajamas!i'm unique:) is the cats pajamas!i'm unique:) is the cats pajamas!i'm unique:) is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee ~ Updated August 24, 2009~

Thank you!! this really helped. But, what if you post 'thank you' or 'aw thanks' to something someone said and then added to it without the intention of just to get the thread to the top? I think you forgot one: someone who posts a short message 3 characters long and then in parenthese they put '(ten letter rule)'. That's happened before. Anyhow, thanks again!
i'm unique:) is offline Female
Old 12-29-2009, 07:01 PM   #1046
Toph is a
Gift Guru
 
cocogirl211's Avatar
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee ~ Updated August 24, 2009~

View Post Originally Posted by i'm unique:)
Thank you!! this really helped. But, what if you post 'thank you' or 'aw thanks' to something someone said and then added to it without the intention of just to get the thread to the top? I think you forgot one: someone who posts a short message 3 characters long and then in parenthese they put '(ten letter rule)'. That's happened before. Anyhow, thanks again!
Personally, I don't consider that a bump. Especially if its posted near to the previous post.
What is a bump is when people go back to page 2 of a 5 page thread, and quote a post with the response, "Gee, Thanks," even though the post was made days ago. (& The most recent post on the thread was made awhile ago, too)
(Ten Letter Rule) Is pretty much the easiest way to discover "Fluff" posts. Any post that lacks 10 characters - well, I don't consider that a post. . They're not counted
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 12-30-2009, 03:16 AM   #1047
1collector
Gifted
 
wkwcollecter's Avatar
wkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 
Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee ~ Updated August 24, 2009~

View Post Originally Posted by cocogirl211
Sorry . I didn't mean to offend by adding in the tip - I didn't realize you posted in the "Help" section... I didn't go through all your posts.
Yes, you don't know how to work the wiki. I don't, myself.
Its 50 non-fluff, which I can confirm because I got in with about 500 posts, of which about 250 or 300 of which were in "Help, I need a Pet name," and many others were in other sub-forums that don't count.
Honestly, I don't know why you're being turned down.
I can understand what you mean about high-school, its true, many times members who are accepted have a lot of posts. Although... most of them are obtained on the DCT, which doesn't count.
You didn't offend me at all. You were actually quite helpful. I was just venting my frustration at how wi handles the applicants and the requirements to get in. I was disappointed that i heard somewhere they were having a Christmas present exchange type thing and got upset that there is no way i was able to get involved even though i have met all requirements to get in. I am almost positive that if i am getting frustrated that alot of the younger ones here would be extremely frustrated in the whole ge.

View Post Originally Posted by taytertots
Were you ever accepted?
I have applied three times now and still have not been accepted. I know I have 50 non fluff posts cause I have counted them and have tried so hard to be helpful on the forums and nice and things... I don't get it and it makes me sad
Nope i didnt get accepted. I havnt tried again as i have to wait the 2 weeks and have at least 50 MORE posts.... again. I havnt decided if I am actually going to try again to get in or not.
wkwcollecter is offline Female
Old 12-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #1048
Toph is a
Gift Guru
 
cocogirl211's Avatar
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee ~ Updated August 24, 2009~

View Post Originally Posted by wkwcollecter
You didn't offend me at all. You were actually quite helpful. I was just venting my frustration at how wi handles the applicants and the requirements to get in. I was disappointed that i heard somewhere they were having a Christmas present exchange type thing and got upset that there is no way i was able to get involved even though i have met all requirements to get in. I am almost positive that if i am getting frustrated that alot of the younger ones here would be extremely frustrated in the whole ge.


Nope i didnt get accepted. I havnt tried again as i have to wait the 2 weeks and have at least 50 MORE posts.... again. I havnt decided if I am actually going to try again to get in or not.
I can understand the frustration - wait... Christmas exchange thing?? I haven't heard about that *Goes looking around.*
I don't know if this will work, but you could try PM'ing a mod or admin, or maybe even a GC about this... They're busy, but they hear and know all. Of course, they probably get PM's asking "why haven't I been accepted," all the time... (I'm kind of thinking on type )
Try again - trust me, its worth it. .

*Edit*
I went through a few of your posts (clicking on random pages of your posts) and I see what you mean. You have been posting in the "Help" section ...The only thing I noticed was that you're also on tracking threads - which, if I'm right, don't count as posts. (But still, you have lots of posts in other areas...)
*Another Edit*
I don't think we have a Christmas thing - don't feel left out

Last edited by cocogirl211; 12-31-2009 at 05:53 PM..
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 12-31-2009, 04:24 PM   #1049
Gir Rocks!
Webkinz :)
 
megaly's Avatar
megaly is the bees knees!megaly is the bees knees!megaly is the bees knees!megaly is the bees knees!megaly is the bees knees!megaly is the bees knees!

Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee ~ Updated August 24, 2009~

Thanks for the information. I guess I was kind of bumping when I posted on my outfits thread thank you to everyone. I will try to remember not to do that again!
megaly is offline Female
Old 01-03-2010, 03:10 PM   #1050
onderwoman.
Webkinz :)
 
Smog's Avatar
Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!

Default Re: How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee ~ Updated August 24, 2009~

I'm so dead. xD All I can do is Roleplay. I've tried doing stuff in different areas; you'd think our off my 5000 posts at least some of them would be 'non-fluff'...xD
Smog is offline Female
Closed

Tags
andi, busy playing minecraft, exterminate, googles always prevail, kenzie ♥s joey graceffa, rabbit1, rip wi, wi the ghost town

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts