Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
Adventure Time!(:
Webkinz :)

PrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to behold

Post How-To Keep Your New-Years Resolutions This Year

Hello!
Here I am again throwing out
some tips to everyone.
Today's Topic: New-Years Resolutions

POP-QUIZ!
First, let's cover A few basics. Is this the third year in a row you want to stop biting your nails? Are you still chomping away? Well, let's think, last year (or the year before) what did you to stop this habit? Did you do anything? If you didn't...that's okay, this may finally be the year. I'm serious! You may FINALLY be able to break yourself from eating your fingertips all day. If you DID try to stop, what did you do? If all you did was pull them out of your mouth when you realized you were doing it...no-no, sweetie, that's not the way to do it. It's a start, but you need to do more. Just try to follow the tips below.
Some Quick-Tips!
  • KEEP A JOURNAL of every time you caught yourself in the act. Write the time, the class (if you're in school), and how you felt. If you were chewing during a Math test...hmmm...maybe it's because you're nervous. Were you chowing down during the car ride to Grandma's? Maybe because you're bored. There are numerous reasons why you want this to be your resolution, so there are numerous reasons to be DOING this.
  • SHARE THE WORD! You're not alone, MILLIONS of other people have the resolution as you. So you don't have to brave it all alone. Tell as many people as you can that you're serious about this. Make up a secret word for someone to say when they catch you in the act. If you're gnawing on your fingers while your waiting for your ceramics piece to dry, you'll find your Nana saying "Wallpaper," in your ear. It may not seem like much, but it's a HUGE factor if you're really looking to stop this habit.
  • POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT is key! Ask your mom her resolution. Then share yours. Tell her she's doing great, you'll get the same response. If hers is to get a promotion in the next 6 months, and she comes home tired, tell her: "Wow, Mom! You must have been working hard to get your promotion." She'll feel SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!! (Notice the multiple explanation points.) You may only get a "Thanks, sweetheart," for now, but I'll bet she'll remember this later. So when you're on the way to your Tap class, and she looks at you and says, "You've been doing great not biting your nails, hon." You have every right to just beam! Kindness comes back EVERY TIME!
  • Remember, even if you've not completely broken this habit by 2010, you tried. And that's GREAT!! Try again and you might just do it!
I hope I help you reach your goals
this year.

Happy New-Year!!! =]

XOXO,
~PrincessT.~
PrincessToeshoe is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
uvs Kris Allen ♥
Gifted

rocky654 is a glorious beacon of lightrocky654 is a glorious beacon of lightrocky654 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: How-To Keep Your New-Years Resolutions This Year

great guide...

but it is in the wrong section :]
rocky654 is offline Female
Old 01-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

These are some great tips!
This thread might get better response in the "Open Mic" or "Guide" Section of WI
Old 01-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #4

ACMETEAM will become famous soon enough

Great advise!!! i'm really going to try this year!!! I know I can... I know I can... Well at least I think I can... lol
ACMETEAM is offline Male
Old 01-01-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Great Tips!

My best friend Jaden bit her nails so her mom helped her out. Her mom put vinegar on her nails so she wouldn't want to bite her nails.

Haha, sorta strange.. lol I like your tips
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 01-01-2009, 10:14 PM   #6
Give a
Gift Guru

kinzdreamer has disabled reputation

My Dad already lost at his Last Years Resolution... and my Mom hates me getting in her business.
Great guide though!
kinzdreamer is offline Female
Old 01-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #7
Adventure Time!(:

PrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for posting, guys!! =]

XOXO,
~PrincessT.~
PrincessToeshoe is offline Female
Closed