Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 02:33 PM   #1
reach4astar

Default How to handle non-personal PMs?

In the past couple of months, I've received several PMs from obviously very energetic & ambitious youth WI members who want votes, participants, etc, in whatever is happening at the time, and must not be satisfied with the response they are getting from posting on the appropriate board alone. Quite honestly, while I admire the enthusiasm, it still feels like spam to get such a non-personal PM from someone I've never even communicated with on the boards.

I don't want to play the bad person by trying politely to instruct these members on PM etiquette, but I also don't see any flags within the message system, or anyone to whom such messages should be forwarded in order to make sure these individuals don't make this behavior a habit (and one of them has PM'd more than once).

What is the preferred method for handling this behavior?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2008, 02:38 PM   #2
LuvHimalayanCat

Default Re: How to handle non-personal PMs?

well

what you should do is put them on ur ignore list

this way they cant pm you

hope this helps
Old 02-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #3
Bow down to me! I'm
Gift Guru

Emma4ever12 has a spectacular aura about

Hmmmmmmm not very polite now is it!I would politely explain that you don't want to be bothered and that it isn't very polite! Or... just delete them
Old 02-11-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
petlover109
Webkinz :)

petlover109 is an unknown quantity at this point

put them on the ignore list
Old 02-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #5
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by reach4astar
In the past couple of months, I've received several PMs from obviously very energetic & ambitious youth WI members who want votes, participants, etc, in whatever is happening at the time, and must not be satisfied with the response they are getting from posting on the appropriate board alone. Quite honestly, while I admire the enthusiasm, it still feels like spam to get such a non-personal PM from someone I've never even communicated with on the boards.

I don't want to play the bad person by trying politely to instruct these members on PM etiquette, but I also don't see any flags within the message system, or anyone to whom such messages should be forwarded in order to make sure these individuals don't make this behavior a habit (and one of them has PM'd more than once).

What is the preferred method for handling this behavior?
If it were me, I would just ignore them. If they continue, from the same person, I would indeed politely write back that I wasn't interested, if it still continued, I would forward it to a mod, with a short note explaining that you've already tried to handle the situation on your own, to no avail.

I will say this: Very recently, I PMed (an adult), with a question. And I now feel a little badly about it, because I think I may have put this person on the spot------and of course, that wasn't my intention at all......

All this is to say that sometimes people don't always realize exactly what they are doing, but they aren't trying to stalk, or be overly aggressive.
So give them the benefit of the doubt, and just ignore the PMs, otherwise, you might need to get a little tougher!

Good luck!
luvwebbies is offline Female
Old 02-11-2008, 02:47 PM   #6
Gift Guru

mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!

spam is spam..we dont allow it on the boards therefore we wont allow it in PM's, you can forward your issues to any mod, we will be happy to take care of it for you!
mom2hnemi is offline Female
Old 02-11-2008, 03:30 PM   #7

copperbaby8 is on a distinguished road

For those of us who don't post on the boards all that much, how do you forward a message to a mod? I had an unsolicited PM a few weeks ago from someone who had "banned" under their name. I couldn't figure out how to contact a mod, other than to look for certain names that I'd seen on the boards.

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2008, 03:32 PM   #8
Gift Guru

mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by copperbaby8
For those of us who don't post on the boards all that much, how do you forward a message to a mod? I had an unsolicited PM a few weeks ago from someone who had "banned" under their name. I couldn't figure out how to contact a mod, other than to look for certain names that I'd seen on the boards.

Thanks!
To FORWARD:

From the opened message..instead of clicking on "reply" click on "forward" it will make sure it copies all the info. Let me know if there is anything else you need, if you still have that pm, forward it to me so we can look into it..thanks!
mom2hnemi is offline Female
Old 02-11-2008, 03:49 PM   #9
kimmzy
Gifted

kimmzy is on a distinguished road

I had the same questions when I was PMed a message about joining another message board. I looked in the FAQ to see if I could find info on how to deal with spam. I couldn't find anything so I just forwarded it to an admin that was online at the time. I also responded to the child who messaged me to let them know that this was considered spam and that someone had been notified of their behavior. I don't think it helps them to just delete and ignore- they will continue to bother other members of the the forum. The person apologized for the message but that doesn't mean they truly understand what they did was inappropriate behavior. I believe that spam should be addressed in the FAQ and rules if possible.
Closed