Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 09:37 AM   #1
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default How crucial is reputation? How does it affect New members?

I am still relatively new around here and I am still having trouble navigating. I have read a lot of the posts in the WI rules and regs, but I am still not quite getting it. Can someone please tell me how Rep affects your status? Does it make you a more credible source or is it just a popularity contest?
Dixiecup is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2007, 09:40 AM   #2
MiddyMid
Gift Guru

captn9 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: How crucial is reputation? How does it affect New members?

Good question. I have been wondering this myself!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:03 AM   #3
smallville89
Gift Guru

danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!

It does not affect your status in any way here, nor is it any longer a popularity contest. It is kind of a way to give a more personal level of thanks to someone you feel has been helpful here on the forum. Reputation can only be seen by the person you give it to, so there is no way to become "popular" by giving it. I give reputation when I see a post that has been helpful to me, and it is nice to know that the person I gave it to knows that I personally appreciate their post!!!

Oh, you can give repuation to someone by clicking on the thums up sign by the Give Rep icon, and you can check comments that were given to you on your User CP Home Tab. It is only the past ?15-20? comments....
danathorn is offline Female
Old 12-18-2007, 10:38 AM   #4
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 

My personal philosophy in life, is to
always be kind and helpful to others and
whenever possible, make them feel special.
To me, this is what *Reputation* stands
for. I don't give it out ONLY when someone
has *helped* me, but also if they have
been supportive, made a kind or positive
comment, lifted my spirits that day, or
have been especially sweet towards another
member. I "catch" them in these acts and
always make it a point to let them know
I appreciated their efforts....by clicking
on that little thumb.
It takes just a moment of your time, to
make someone else feel *special.*
Gingerly is offline Female
Old 12-18-2007, 10:41 AM   #5
carlythemonkey1

Reputation is not a popularity contest, and it does not affect your status. It merely makes the person who posted feel like they did a good job, and the thanker shows their appreciation.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:43 AM   #6
melventuri
Gift Guru

Melanie_V. has a spectacular aura about

I think danathornberg and gingerlytoo summed it up really nicely. It's feels good to give the recognition to somebody who's making a positive difference in our community! It let's them know that they're appreciated!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:56 AM   #7
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Thank you, I have been wondering about a lot of the details. Like how do you find your Reputation and whether you can see the individuals comments, because I have given a few people thumbs up on here and added a personal note. I was just wondering if they just see them or is it public knowledge?
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 12-18-2007, 11:00 AM   #8
melventuri
Gift Guru

Melanie_V. has a spectacular aura about

You can find them by going to your User CP Home. They're listed towards the lower half of the screen. I think you can only see the comments you've received.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:51 AM   #9
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

Only you can see your rep, no one else can see it. It's nice to read what members say about you when you are a bad day and just need to hear something good; it usually will bring a smile to your face.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #10
calaxgoalie
Gifted

calaxgoalie will become famous soon enough

To be honest, reputation shouldnt affect how people look at you. Its not a popularity contest, and if people think it is, then that is bad, because it's not. Nice post though, and good question!
Closed