Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
WhiteTerrierFan

Default How can you improve your WI experience?

Below are some questions you may want to think about:

Do you visit all of the sections on WI and try to participate in topics on all of them?

Maybe you prefer to post in Open Mike or maybe you're someone who likes to post in the General Discussion and Rules & Suggestions, you might even be someone who loves to trade, but do you post in other sections as well? It's definitely okay to spend time in just one section, but you should always try moving around to others as well. You wouldn't want to miss out on an important discussion or event. Move around the forum to get the full effect and try to make it a goal to post at least once in every section each week. You'll probably find that there are some interesting things to see in every one of these topics.

Do you help others and contribute to different threads to do so?

It's always nice to help others. In fact, most will probably find that you can benefit from helping others too. Not only will you feel good after you have done so, but you'll leave the thread knowing you made a difference on WI, and that is always an amazing feeling. Helping others around the forum is quite simple, just take the Somebody Help! section for example, if you see a thread that nobody has posted on yet to help out, you can always go there and try your best to help out. We've all been in situations before where we didn't know something and got help, so we should do the same for others.

Have you made any new friends lately on the site?

If you post around the site, you'll meet tons of new people. You never know who you are going to meet, maybe it will someone that you'll end up becoming great friends with. When someone posts on your profile, even if you don't know them yet, it's always nice to make friendly conversation. Since this site is so large, there is always someone to talk to.

There are many other things you can also do to enjoy WI even more:
-NEW: Become gifted! Get into the trading mood and meet new people in the Gifted section (:
-Become an insider insider.
- Give out rep when you see people being kind of helpful, it will always bring a smile to someone's face.
-Send out friend requests to new members, you were once new too, and didn't know about the site very much yet.
- Use smilies in your posts to express your opinion better and bring a smile to someone's face.
- Post threads about current topics or even topics you are interested in. You never know who might have the same interests as you.
- Be optimistic. Think about things in a positive way.
- And most of all, enjoy the site!

If you have anything else you think should be added to the list, feel free to post it.

Opinions? Post them too. Thankss!

NOTE: I have posted this before a while ago and thought it would be nice for people to see again. (:

Last edited by WhiteTerrierFan; 04-10-2009 at 02:08 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: How can you improve your WI experience?

This is awesome! I agree completely. It's okay that you've posted it before; it's stilll great. Rep.

-Pugs
PugsRock is offline Female
Old 04-06-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

[Note: Thanks for posting this again, everyone needs to see it And I know this wasn't question-answer, but that's what I'mma do anyways LOL]

Do you visit all of the sections on WI and try to participate in topics on all of them?
I try to visit every section that holds some sort of interest for me. I don't want to be the one bored person in the conversation, therefore I don't visit a bunch of threads about Polar Plunge because it's not my favorite thing and I don't wanna be the girl just 'Yeah, it sure is fun.'. If I post, I want to be able to participate in the convo and have fun

I try to, I really try, and I dunno if it works or not xD If I find a thread I really really enjoy, I'll watch replies and go multi-quote crazy [I state again, I swear I use gigs of forum space w/ that thing LOL] and reply to the posts I feel the need to elaborate on.

I make lots of friends here and I love it, and every once in awhile I find a person I can really talk to and laugh with, and those are the irriplaceable people
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 04-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #4
MissPremie

Thank you for posting this. Those are great reminders.
I try to post in a variety of places, but sometimes I get 'stuck' in one area.

Have a great day!

~Missie
Old 04-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #5
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

This is a very great thread! Thank you for making it
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Old 04-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #6
WhiteTerrierFan

Thanks for all the positive support! (:
I'm glad to hear that you are all benefiting from this.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #7
jms40
Gift Guru

jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!
jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!

Great suggestions! I have seen posts where people felt ignored or left out here on WI. I think your suggestions would really help everyone. I know I have certain areas I tend to focus on but I always find something interesting when I scroll through other areas.
jms40 is offline Female
Old 04-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #8
I'm a deep sea

S.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with grace

This is a very great thread, WhiteTerrierFan. You have some really good suggestions in your thread. It must have taken you a while to type up all of this, and let me tell you...
A thread well made and a job well done!

Now, I am going to answer your questions. They have really opened my eyes some!

I have been doing this latel and I have found that I really like it. I am going to Continue too. Some Major sections I like are the "WI rules and Suggestions," "Somebody Help," and "Houses in Webkinz World" but I have expanded my range now. I now enjoy more frequent visits to "General Discussion/chat," "Our member's Creations," "Look what I got", and "Meet My webkinz Family."

I do. I absolutely love to help members! The "Somebody Help" Section is one of the top sections I love to visit. I contribute to other threads around the forum though too, and I have helped member's in need when I can.

Not Yet, but I plan to. I am going to start trying to meet a new member every single day! I want to get to know them, hear their interests, and make sure they are sufficient around WI.

--Star
S.O.S.Star is offline Female
Old 04-06-2009, 11:59 PM   #9
ChihuahuaGrl16
Banned
ChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I usually do but lately I've become a hermit to my club thread and was thinking today that i need to go back to the Somebody help! section since i have not visited that part of the forum for a while...

Constantly! even if i am not in the somebody help! section i'll see someone who needs help in someway or another and I'll offer my opinion or advice .

are you kidding? LOL JK but i am ALWAYS making new friends! Since i post so often in different areas (esp. at my club or at the pollz) i have people coming to me--leaving my PMs or VMs! there are so many FRIENDLY people here if anyone is having trouble finding friends, i suggest the club section and find a common interest or "obsession" (LOL) like i have the 70s 80s rock club with Lovely and i have about 5-7 WI BFFs now who visit that thread and we chat EVERY SINGLE DAY! We have a BLAST

View Post Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan
There are many other things you can also do to enjoy WI even more:
- Give out rep when you see people being kind of helpful, it will always bring a smile to someone's face. gave some just 2 seconds ago to you and to another person!
-Send out friend requests to new members, you were once new too, and didn't know about the site very much yet. okay usually people come to me but come to think of it i sent out a friend request earlier today! always nice to be reminded tho!
- Use smilies in your posts to express your opinion better and bring a smile to someone's face. i love the smileys! i can only use them if i know which keys to use because for some reason i can't view the smiley pic selection tab on my computer..?
- Post threads about current topics or even topics you are interested in. You never know who might have the same interests as you. *cough**clubs**cough* lol! or the pollz!
- Be optimistic. Think about things in a positive way. yep! and if you see someone who isn't...try and perk up their day with a special message or go to www.glitterfy.com and find an image just right for them or you can make one!
- And most of all, enjoy the site!

If you have anything else you think should be added to the list, feel free to post it.

Opinions? Post them too. Thankss!

NOTE: I have posted this before a while ago and thought it would be nice for people to see again. (:
I think we all need reminding every now and then

oh and one more thing before i go to bed: if you see a thread with very few posts please try and post there! that always makes someone feel good and like they matter here at WI because i cannot count how many times i have seen threads---esp. in the pollz with little or no posts! even if the thread title doesn't sound all that interesting to begin with...Check it out! you might be surprised!

ok *night* everyone and have *rockin' dreams*

Last edited by ChihuahuaGrl16; 04-06-2009 at 11:59 PM..
ChihuahuaGrl16 is offline Female
Old 04-07-2009, 01:53 AM   #10
House Of Night :)

2pixi has a spectacular aura about

Great thread! I am stuck in the Creative Writing and WI Artist Cafe. I will work on it though.

REP to you!

Morgan
2pixi is offline Female
Closed