Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
Gift Guru

Geminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default How Can WI Go Greener? BrainStorming Thread! Green-Theme Avvies Inside As Well :)

Let's Make WI Greener!

Click the image to open in full size.

Hm... I was thinking about this huge green movement happening around the globe! And it's great! But I was thinking Hm... What Can WI do? Even if it's small and gets people aware?

So naturally I was thinking up a few suggestion and thought, hey what about a brainstorm thread for everyone's and maybe a few ideas could be put into effect?

So right here, brainstorm different ideas that WI can be greener!
• Maybe WI can go with a new "Green" Theme like the front page got re-done.

• Maybe A New Webkinz Banner At The Top Could Be Of Webkinz Recycling And Doing Earth Friendly Tasks

• Maybe There Could Be A New Recycling Sprite!

• Maybe We Could Have A Green Day! ( No not the band! )

• How about every time you refresh the page, a new "Green Message" could appear under the rare or something. Something like "Remember, when you aren't using the computer, turn it off" or "Use a power strip that senses when electronics aren't being used and cuts off power to that item" or "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" LIke the image in the spoiler could be an example - Click For Actual Size
Spoiler: show

Quote:
From JANUARYWEBKINZ
I would recommend making everyones default post color to green (: Then, starting a new avatar trend, with making all of the staffs avatars green (:
This is a great thread, and i hope you like my ideas!

If you are interested in setting your default color to green, but don't know how, what you do is go to "User CP." It's above the "Welcome (Your Username)" with your PM and WI Bucks under that. Anyway, click USER CP, and go to "Edit My Options." Scroll under you find "Default Font And Default Color" Select "Green" from the Color List. Try not to do Lime Green. Lime Green is hard to read.

If you are interested in having a "Green Avatar" you can choose from some of the ones that I myself have made. Just please post if you are going to use them. I'd love to know who uses them. (I know some of us prefer black/green borders around our avvies - let me know if you want a border around it. )

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

And here are some matching siggies. I can make them different if you want as well.

They are on the next post belonging to me - POST 5

**** NOTE: BLACK COLORING DOES NOT SAVE ENERGY! PLEASE READ THE NOTE FROM JUSTIN AND THE MULTIPLE LINKS BELOW IT FROM JACKSMOM -

Last edited by Geminicat21; 05-14-2009 at 08:20 PM..
Geminicat21 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
What is french for
Webkinz :)

maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: How Can WI Go Greener? BrainStorming Thread!

Great ideas except one thing...
WI is an online community to acess we use power and since most of us *maggalina* are addicted we aren't very green
maggalina is offline Female
Old 05-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
Call me Bacon!

WeBkiNz_rox_929 is a jewel in the roughWeBkiNz_rox_929 is a jewel in the rough

This is a great thread, Geminicat21, I love the ideas!! I'm probably going to change my avvie and siggie and my profile and that stuff all to a "Go Green" theme! =]

Rep!
WeBkiNz_rox_929 is offline Female
Old 05-06-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
Banned
chatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replay
chatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replay

We can all use black font, so it saves energy!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:43 PM   #5
Gift Guru

Geminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Okay - Here are the Matching Siggies -

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Geminicat21; 05-14-2009 at 08:21 PM..
Old 05-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #6
ait fest, yawn
Gift Guru

AgtPix knows the way
AgtPix knows the way

Donation Award 

Ooo good idea.
I iespecially love the webkinz recycle banner idea
AgtPix is offline Female
Old 05-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #7
Gift Guru

THanks!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #8
icebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledge

Great idea! The wi t-shirts could be made of recycled materials.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:51 PM   #9
I'm a dancer!♥

hiphop772 will become famous soon enough

This is a great idea, becuase obviously our Earth is in need of help. I realized that if you change the layout or background to one that is black, is saves energy. I like the banner idea and the Green Day idea also. WI could order products that are made from recycled materials (I believe these can be ordered off of certain websites) and could be for sale for members. Maybe we could even make a WI Green Team that thinks of ways to save the Earth or something like that.
Again, great idea, and I'll post more if I think of more.

Alyssa♥
hiphop772 is offline Female
Old 05-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #10
Gift Guru

thanks hiphop!
Closed

Tags
code green!!, code orange, go green!, great idea!-hayley