Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 01:00 PM   #31
Gift Guru

klock101 rules the roostklock101 rules the roostklock101 rules the roostklock101 rules the roostklock101 rules the roostklock101 rules the roostklock101 rules the roostklock101 rules the roostklock101 rules the roostklock101 rules the roostklock101 rules the roostklock101 rules the roostklock101 rules the roost

Default Re: How to avoid Trader's regret.

I know many people who have been ripped off that way so I agree that people should NEVER fall for that!
klock101 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2009, 02:59 PM   #32
Webkinz :)

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by pokemon2
I agree with thee above. Here are some instances of non-responsible trading:
  • #1 - Problem: Unawareness
    "Hi. I have a secret recipe that no one knows about. Here it is"(puts up symoscone)
    "WOW! Take this."(puts up a luxury hot tub)
    Commentary
    The problem here was that the second member didn't know what the recipe was, or that it was solved. The first member took advantage of this and scammed the second member.
    Solution
    If you look up the value of an item before you trade, it will help. For example, when someone was trading me a psi, i asked if it was retired, and they saaid they didn't know. They didn't know what pet it was for, so i checked the pets who I didn't know the psi for on the Webkinz Catalog.

--------------------------------------------------
  • #2 - Problem: Friendly Method
    "Hello. Is that a pink pony? Wow you are so cool."
    "Aww, thanks. I got it this month"
    "Really cool. I wish we were friends, then our pink ponies could hang out."
    "Yeah? Well I'll turn on accept friend requests and you can ask me."
    "Awesome, but I have 500 friends already. I'd have to delete one."
    "Aw man, can't you just. . ."
    "No. They're all people I know personally. . .They'd only forgive me if I sent them an item."
    "Well do that."
    "I don't have anything. I always send all my friends rare gifts each day so. "
    "Oh. Well here. You can send them this!"(puts up rare item)
    "You rock! I am going to be glad you're my friend!"(puts up almonds)
    "Yeah me too." (after they trade he leaves and is never seen again by her)
    Commentary
    The problem here was that the first member was acting all nice and friendly to the second member Complimenting them and whatnot. As a result, the second member trusted the first member and traded away her rare. Perfect timne for the first member to ditch.
    Solution
    Never ever trust that. If someone acts like that, leave. They might not be scammers, but it is to risky. Ask them to be your friend. Then do a real trade with them.

--------------------------------------------------
    #2 - Problem: Kinzpost Method
    "WOW! I want that item, but I don't have anything in my dock for it. "
    "Aww too bad."
    "Hey, if you turn on friend requests, I'll kinzpost you the rest of the items."
    ~Who honestly doesn't know what happens next. The person trades their item, and never recieves a kinzpost again~
    Commentary
    The problem here was that the first member was trying to convince the second member that they had good items in their house. The second member believed him, and he made a bad trade. Then never heard of the guy again.
    Solution
    Tell them to send you the items first. First trade for the first 3 items offering up almonds, and then kinzpost them the item(s) they want after you recieve the kinzpost.
Great point Thanks for posting.

I want to thank eveyrone who posted on this thread. I have seen some great points and I really apreciate your insite.
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 06-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #33
Gifted

xoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clown

Thats a great reminder! Ive seen that alot. When you trade in the clubhouse, i think its important o have the WI values open. That way you trade equal items. Great reminder
-Claire :]
xoxoilyalyssa is offline Male
Old 06-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #34
28 Pets Since Dec.28
Gifted

gingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond repute

This is very important to not fall for this. People just make up lies all the time. It's funny when people say
stuff like 'I can get you up to 1 thousand kinz cash a day just email me at ______@___.com and send your
user name and password. I don't scam so you can trust me!' When I see stuff like this I think its funny how
they try so hard just to scam people. They sound a little pathetic at times because sometimes they'll be like
'Please, please I promise I won't scam you', when I know that they will. We gotta watch out for these people...
They just should learn that they have 2 earn and get their own stuff on their own time. Thank you for this! Rep!
~Ginger

Now that I think about it though, it's lucky that they programed in what each item is over it. But even though, it's still helpful to have all of the prices in one spot. Justin should make a sticky thing or link of this @ the top of every page!

Last edited by gingerspice55; 06-21-2009 at 03:24 PM..
gingerspice55 is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 08:24 AM   #35
tygati
Gift Guru

tracyvanity has much to be proud oftracyvanity has much to be proud oftracyvanity has much to be proud oftracyvanity has much to be proud of

Thanks for the tip, I have not used the trading room yet but it's good to know what to look out for in case I do.
tracyvanity is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 09:48 AM   #36
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

Totally true Sophia! That's why I prefer to trade only with my family members, or very close friends. Too many people out there would rather have more valuable items, then be a good person. I mean, it's just a game, and they could make little children cry later if they had been taken advantage of. This is definetly just a better reason to have the WIGEV, it's easy to use, AND it's very accurate! Great point!
twilightcrz is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 09:52 AM   #37
Lol :)

Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!

Great advice Pandora! Thank you for telling us!
Maine is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 10:19 AM   #38
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

Very good advice! I've had this a couple times....
lilhorselover is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #39
I never finish anyth

ThanuX is a jewel in the roughThanuX is a jewel in the rough

Great tip! Rep for you!
ThanuX is offline Male
Old 06-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #40
Call me Anna. :)

amrgirl59 is cool as a bunny clownamrgirl59 is cool as a bunny clownamrgirl59 is cool as a bunny clownamrgirl59 is cool as a bunny clownamrgirl59 is cool as a bunny clownamrgirl59 is cool as a bunny clownamrgirl59 is cool as a bunny clownamrgirl59 is cool as a bunny clown

Great thread!
Once this person wanted to send me the items we were trading. I thought it was a good deal, but I knew not to trust that, and exited out.
amrgirl59 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
♥ jesus 4eva! ~hpf