Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 12:43 AM   #21
Gift Guru

harrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Default Re: How to avoid Trader's regret.

Great reminder. Thanks, Pandora!
harrypotterfan101 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2009, 01:18 AM   #22
Gifted

pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by funwithfamily
My best advice reguarding trader's regret is do not show items to another person unless you really want to trade those items. If someone asks you if you have an item only say yes if it's an item you have available for trade. That way you won't feel obligated to show the person, and you won't feel pressured into trading it if you really didn't want to.
This is an EXCELLENT point!!

As far as the Kinz posting thing goes...I have a few good WW friends, & we enjoy passing items to each other, & talk outside of WW-I don't think there is anything wrong with that-just-it is too hard to determine someones morals in aTR to take that chance though.
This is how I avoid the issue-

1.-set up time for next day to meetback in TR w/ a pet..
ex-"I will be here same color, same number-around same time tomorrow-we can finish up then"

or

2. I will kinz post items they want after trading w/pet already to my other acct.,& finish trade-
ex-"give me tree minutes-I will be a frog wearing a wizard hat-stay here-I will have the *blank* with me, & we can finish up-be right back-look for frog ".

Last edited by pfeagans01; 06-21-2009 at 01:20 AM.. Reason: sp
Old 06-21-2009, 02:22 AM   #23
I'm back to a
Webkinz :)

bluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guide

Thumbs up Re: How to avoid Trader's regret.

View Post Originally Posted by kigz
YES!!! That should be one of the phrases that you can't type, "Kinz post." Great idea!!

Thanks! Also thanks for the reputation

Remember, no talk about specific trades in WI.
View Post Originally Posted by Pandora's Box
Oh I completely know what you mean. I agree 100%. There really should be a rule against kinz posting in the trading room. It's so easy to get scammed. I see it happen all the time.

Ouch. I'm sorry that happened to you. Similar things have happened to me, but I have never had one that bad.
Thanks for the reputation for my idea

Last edited by bluey1998; 06-21-2009 at 02:22 AM..
bluey1998 is offline Female
Old 06-21-2009, 03:19 AM   #24

bigfireball is a name known to allbigfireball is a name known to allbigfireball is a name known to all

I know this is a little off topic, however it is mentioned about people kizposting items.

I was in the club house collectors room yesterday and this Golden Retreiver dog was asking me if I needed Wacky Jeans, I said yes, I did not have them in my collection, he said well, if you send me a new pet item I will send them to you, I said no thanks, that is not something I would be interested in doing because you can't trust people they said " I'm an adult I can be trusted. I said no but I will meet you in the trading room, well, they had no interest in doing that, obviously they were just lookin for new items and ripping people off. They continued asking people all over the room if they needed Wacky jeans.
bigfireball is offline Female
Old 06-21-2009, 05:05 AM   #25
Diabetes Awareness

Joani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonder

One way to avoid traders regret is to only keep items in your dock that you really don't want. That is what i do. If i plan on keeping an item it goes right into one of my rooms, just so I don't trade it away by accident.
Joani is offline Female
Old 06-21-2009, 07:45 AM   #26
I love

235653 is on a distinguished road

I've had one guy say that the regular chimpanzee item was retired. He probably thought because I was using my first pet, and it was not really a "grown-up" name. He said trading it for the signature chimp item was fair. I argued with him, and he was so lying and he called me a liar in the end. Some people I think I trade with think that I am like, 6.
235653 is offline Male
Old 06-21-2009, 08:34 AM   #27
Sidney Crosby

kathryn23 is a glorious beacon of lightkathryn23 is a glorious beacon of lightkathryn23 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi and Thank you!
kathryn23 is offline Female
Old 06-21-2009, 08:36 AM   #28
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

I agree with thee above. Here are some instances of non-responsible trading:
  • #1 - Problem: Unawareness
    "Hi. I have a secret recipe that no one knows about. Here it is"(puts up symoscone)
    "WOW! Take this."(puts up a luxury hot tub)
    Commentary
    The problem here was that the second member didn't know what the recipe was, or that it was solved. The first member took advantage of this and scammed the second member.
    Solution
    If you look up the value of an item before you trade, it will help. For example, when someone was trading me a psi, i asked if it was retired, and they saaid they didn't know. They didn't know what pet it was for, so i checked the pets who I didn't know the psi for on the Webkinz Catalog.

--------------------------------------------------
  • #2 - Problem: Friendly Method
    "Hello. Is that a pink pony? Wow you are so cool."
    "Aww, thanks. I got it this month"
    "Really cool. I wish we were friends, then our pink ponies could hang out."
    "Yeah? Well I'll turn on accept friend requests and you can ask me."
    "Awesome, but I have 500 friends already. I'd have to delete one."
    "Aw man, can't you just. . ."
    "No. They're all people I know personally. . .They'd only forgive me if I sent them an item."
    "Well do that."
    "I don't have anything. I always send all my friends rare gifts each day so. "
    "Oh. Well here. You can send them this!"(puts up rare item)
    "You rock! I am going to be glad you're my friend!"(puts up almonds)
    "Yeah me too." (after they trade he leaves and is never seen again by her)
    Commentary
    The problem here was that the first member was acting all nice and friendly to the second member Complimenting them and whatnot. As a result, the second member trusted the first member and traded away her rare. Perfect timne for the first member to ditch.
    Solution
    Never ever trust that. If someone acts like that, leave. They might not be scammers, but it is to risky. Ask them to be your friend. Then do a real trade with them.

--------------------------------------------------
    #2 - Problem: Kinzpost Method
    "WOW! I want that item, but I don't have anything in my dock for it. "
    "Aww too bad."
    "Hey, if you turn on friend requests, I'll kinzpost you the rest of the items."
    ~Who honestly doesn't know what happens next. The person trades their item, and never recieves a kinzpost again~
    Commentary
    The problem here was that the first member was trying to convince the second member that they had good items in their house. The second member believed him, and he made a bad trade. Then never heard of the guy again.
    Solution
    Tell them to send you the items first. First trade for the first 3 items offering up almonds, and then kinzpost them the item(s) they want after you recieve the kinzpost.

Last edited by pokemon2; 06-21-2009 at 08:50 AM..
pokemon2 is offline Female
Old 06-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #29
I Love My

Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!

This post was really helpful, and has some great advice.
Thanks so much! Reps for you! Oh and I will be sure to
make sure I focus on what I'm getting when I trade.

- Midnights Bliss
Midnights Bliss is offline Female
Old 06-21-2009, 12:55 PM   #30
funwithfamily

funwithfamily is a splendid one to beholdfunwithfamily is a splendid one to beholdfunwithfamily is a splendid one to beholdfunwithfamily is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by bigfireball
I know this is a little off topic, however it is mentioned about people kizposting items.

I was in the club house collectors room yesterday and this Golden Retreiver dog was asking me if I needed Wacky Jeans, I said yes, I did not have them in my collection, he said well, if you send me a new pet item I will send them to you, I said no thanks, that is not something I would be interested in doing because you can't trust people they said " I'm an adult I can be trusted. I said no but I will meet you in the trading room, well, they had no interest in doing that, obviously they were just lookin for new items and ripping people off. They continued asking people all over the room if they needed Wacky jeans.
In this case, it would be a good idea to report the person. Then the moderator can look at the member's dialog and deal with it. You handled the situation well by offering to go to the trading room, since that reveals the person's intention. I would hope Ganz would do the right thing if reported, but I honestly don't know how strict their policies are about preventing scams before they occur.
funwithfamily is offline Female
Closed

Tags
♥ jesus 4eva! ~hpf