Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #11
Webkinz :)

I-LOVE-ARTE is on a distinguished road

Default Re: How to avoid Trader's regret.

I love to trade and do it all the time! Most of us traders are very fair and it is just an asier way to get different items. Items will say if they are rare, exclusive, or pet specific as you put them up so it is pretty easy to tell them apart. As for kinz style, the other post was correct. Just pull up the WShop while you are in the trade and see if it is there or not. It just takes a second. Also beware of traders whop click the trade button too fast trying to trick you. You are not locked in to the trade - just click on any one of your items and it will unlock. If they keep doing it - exit from them and move on because like I said, most of us are very honest!
I-LOVE-ARTE is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2009, 08:00 PM   #12

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by bluey1998
I always go to the trading room, and I ALWAYS see at least one person trying to trick somebody into Kinz Posting every single day. Maybe this could be a rule to not talking about Kinz Posting items when in trading rooms. That would make it much easier so nobody will get scammed
Oh I completely know what you mean. I agree 100%. There really should be a rule against kinz posting in the trading room. It's so easy to get scammed. I see it happen all the time.

View Post Originally Posted by I-LOVE-ARTE
I love to trade and do it all the time! Most of us traders are very fair and it is just an asier way to get different items. Items will say if they are rare, exclusive, or pet specific as you put them up so it is pretty easy to tell them apart. As for kinz style, the other post was correct. Just pull up the WShop while you are in the trade and see if it is there or not. It just takes a second. Also beware of traders whop click the trade button too fast trying to trick you. You are not locked in to the trade - just click on any one of your items and it will unlock. If they keep doing it - exit from them and move on because like I said, most of us are very honest!

Ouch. I'm sorry that happened to you. Similar things have happened to me, but I have never had one that bad.

Last edited by Webberlily; 06-21-2009 at 01:12 AM.. Reason: Trade talk
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 06-20-2009, 08:03 PM   #13
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

Even if you don't trade on WI te WIGEV is an fabulous tool for trading - you can always check values and see if they are offering something on the WIGEV - if it's not there, it's not rare (ha a poem!).

There is even a thread with pictures.

Never trade for a rare that you are not sure is really rare.
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 06-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #14
jsatoday

jsatoday will become famous soon enough

Being ripped off is really bad. I hope it never happens to me - I have spent a lot of time in the trading room lately.
jsatoday is offline Female
Old 06-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #15
a wee bit
Gifted

kigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by bluey1998
I always go to the trading room, and I ALWAYS see at least one person trying to trick somebody into Kinz Posting every single day. Maybe this could be a rule to not talking about Kinz Posting items when in trading rooms. That would make it much easier so nobody will get scammed
YES!!! That should be one of the phrases that you can't type, "Kinz post." Great idea!!

View Post Originally Posted by sammy578
hi
this is really good advice!
(Deleted)!
Remember, no talk about specific trades in WI.

Webberlily

Last edited by Webberlily; 06-22-2009 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: Trade talk
kigz is offline Female
Old 06-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #16
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

ya kinzpost can be a risky game. You never know who might scam you. Like just the other day i was in the trade room in KC plus (not on WI) and this one guy was like "I'll kinzpost you a lot of items if you give me it. I promise". Then I said "how will you know my username?" then he left
pokemon2 is offline Female
Old 06-20-2009, 11:26 PM   #17
Thrilled to be a
Gift Guru

Meow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socks

I always keep the WIGEV open whenever I am in the trading room. Sometimes I will trade for things that are not really worth it but I really want the item, lol. I can see how people would have traders remorse. Sometimes you get so excited and caught when your doing a lot of trades that you can let something go that you didn't really want to.

Thanks for sharing!
Meow Face is offline Female
Old 06-20-2009, 11:58 PM   #18
Gifted

pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!

I like the idea behind this thread! Yes, in my educational "journey" of Webkinz-I can look back on my PRE WI days, & remember just trading items just because I was getting something new(to me anyhow) to either decorate with or wear. NOW, I KNOW some of the things I traded were "no-no's" .
Eh...what can you do?...I chalk it up to a learning experience, & let it go. The WI WEG is invaluable tool to have handy going into the TR's.
I used to get sooo excited when someone would put up things I was looking for-I used to throw my whole dock at them practically-I was a dream come true to a few lucky reciptiants!
ahhhh....*sobs quietly*
Now, if someone puts up something neat, my mind automaticaly pops up the value, & where I should begin my offer...&, I have no trouble leaving a trade now that someone is insistent on asking for more than what it is worth-even if it is something retired that I would love to have
WI WEG=
Old 06-21-2009, 12:16 AM   #19
Lil Kinz

LuckyMuffy is an unknown quantity at this point

One time I was there and I was going to trade (deleted). Something had went wrong with the trade where I couldn't trade it so me and her had made a deal to kinz post to each other. She SAID that she was not a scammer so I believed her. I kinzposted it and she never kinz posted me (deleted). I was really mad so if anyone says to kinz post with them NEVER EVER DO IT!!!!

No trade details please

Webberlily

Last edited by Webberlily; 06-21-2009 at 01:17 AM.. Reason: Trade talk
LuckyMuffy is offline Female
Old 06-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #20
funwithfamily

funwithfamily is a splendid one to beholdfunwithfamily is a splendid one to beholdfunwithfamily is a splendid one to beholdfunwithfamily is a splendid one to behold

I was lucky enough to meet a member that liked the generous trade I made her so much that when the trade was complete, she asked me to be her friend so she could kinzpost me the item I had been looking for that day. We had been a blessing to each other that day and sure enough she did send me the item. And I was so happy I sent her a gift too. The difference is that there was no begging or asking for kinz posting on my part.

If typing "kinz post" were forbidden, I wouldn't have had this blessing. I think in the end we need to be responsible for our decisions and go with our gut feelings. Do not go for kinz post scams, but don't over regulate either.

My best advice reguarding trader's regret is do not show items to another person unless you really want to trade those items. If someone asks you if you have an item only say yes if it's an item you have available for trade. That way you won't feel obligated to show the person, and you won't feel pressured into trading it if you really didn't want to.
funwithfamily is offline Female
Closed

Tags
♥ jesus 4eva! ~hpf