Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 03:03 PM   #1
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

Default Honesty

I have lately noticed some unhonesty on the polls sometimes.
The ones where people ask for opinions.
The amount of posts singing the person's praises does not match up with the amount of people who voted that it was great.

Let's say polly makes a poll asking what you think of their picture they made on paint, and let's just say polly doesn't have a steady hand.

The poll results are:

OMG that is like one of the best things I have seen! 2
It's okay.... 7
Sorry but you really need to work on improving... 10

But most all of the posts say:
WOW! great job! That is sooo good!
and stuff like that.

I know you don't want to hurt their feelings but there is a way to tell the truth, nicely.
And don't be afraid to post if you don't like it... People make polls so they can get opinions and tips to improve.

Don't say: No offense but that is really hideous...
Say: It needs some work... I like the effect/pattern you did on the background, it's really cool. But I would work on making it a little neater, and maybe have the people a little more realistic. You have really good potential!

Which sounded nicer?
the 2nd one of course.

The trick is to point out nice things and say what needs to be improved nicely.

So be honest. If you are nice about it, you won't hurt their feelings!
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #2
~{Midnight.Train}~
Webkinz :)

Lolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Honesty

Good point! (Love the avvie) I've heard a lot of people doing that.
Lolo12 is offline Female
Old 08-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #3
Lol :)

Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!

Agreed. My friend sent me a pic of her new leo and I said it looked kinda ugly and she said "Ya coulda been nicer about it" and I was like "Did you want the truth or no?"
Maine is offline Female
Old 08-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #4
Gifted

xoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clown

Thats a great reminder
I see alot of polls that have its okay but all the responses are Great! and Wonderful!
-Claire :]
xoxoilyalyssa is offline Male
Old 08-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #5
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

What a pleasant way to state a problem that occurs a lot here on WI.

Honesty, a member asks for your opinion, but others say not to post because it will hurt the member's feelings, yet you just showed me a way to post without making anyone sad.

Give your honest opinion, but don't be so headstrong about it. Just say it in a way where it will help them improve.

'I hate it!' is not helping the member improve at all, that's just being rude.

'I think you could work more on your art skills and soon I know you'll make a wonderful artist! I like the way you drew the eyes on that dog though, very realistic.' helps the fellow WI member realize what they did beautifully, and what they can work on more, without being mean.

On polls, owners could make the option 'I could work on it more,' instead of, 'I hate it.'
Less problems would occur then.

This should go the same with ratings. Instead of making the last two options say 'Bad' and 'Terrible' The rating system could say 'Needs to Improve' and 'Work Harder' if that is possible by the vBulliten forum.
It would be a strong influence on members then to work and improve their skills.

To add, if you do rate honestly, tell the owner what they need to work on. It would help them in the long run.
Also, if you do tell someone to exceed in their skills, tell them what needs to improve, exactly, so they know what to work on.

Rep.

Last edited by badena2; 08-07-2009 at 03:20 PM..
badena2 is offline Female
Old 08-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #6
-Alicia♥

teaandpizza defies all odds
teaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all odds

I agree! Sometimes I don't want to sound harsh, so I just say "It's OK..." but normally not anything worse.
teaandpizza is offline Female
Old 08-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #7
How many zeros?

000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity
000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity

Good reminder! I dislike how sometimes you can hardly get the "real" opinion out of someone! Rep!
000000005 is offline Male
Old 08-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #8
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

That's a good point, thaks for bringingthat to our attention
Old 08-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #9
Andykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clown

I agree. I just say it in a nicer form
Andykinz is offline Male
Old 08-07-2009, 05:03 PM   #10
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

Great point! And sometimes, people don't even bother to post .. they just choose the rude option, and don't post, so they can get away w/ it ... and you don't even know if that's their real opinion or not ...
But, even if they don't like something, or disagree ... they always can state it politely. I'm sure WI members are more than capable of doing that, or they shouldn't be posting at all.
Great thread! Repp!
~♥~ Catherine ~♥~
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cheese!, hi :)