Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #31
zozo475
Webkinz :)

colleenabeena has a spectacular aura aboutcolleenabeena has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Hiding Housez + Contest Threads from Non-WI Members

GREAT idea...It made me mad when I saw that a room was stolen for the first contest...And I got even more angry when it happened a second time!
I wouldn't be surprised if most of the entries were stolen from the house threads and contest threads. :[
colleenabeena is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #32
Splendiferous
Gifted

thimbleina is a glorious beacon of lightthimbleina is a glorious beacon of lightthimbleina is a glorious beacon of light

That would be a very good idea. There have been a lot of problems with that, especially since Kinzville News launched.
thimbleina is offline Female
Old 01-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #33
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Your own album is ALSO a safe place from people outside the community. No one from outside has access to our personal profiles. I know because I was working on my profile and I had forgot to use the 'Remember me' check box. I got logged out during a phone call and when I went to go back and finish, it said that I didn't have permission to access personal profiles.
Those are uploaded and hosted through as well Another bonus of being a part of this great community.
BUT...I STILL think it is better to save posting these pictures until after the contest has run. It is only a couple of days and I don't want to see another Broken-hearted Winner
That's a great idea, Dixiecup. Another added safety measure would be to make it a private album, so that only your contacts could see it. Even though your contacts still could steal your idea, it would be easier to know who did it if there were to be an investigation.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 01-30-2009, 04:28 PM   #34
Anti Twilight.
Webkinz :)

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by sno4270
I was wondering if there was a way to "hide" Housez threads (+ WI member contest ones, since a lot are room decorating ones) from visitors. Kind of like how the Gift Exchange is not visible to those that are not Gifted (or Gift Gurus), it would help to make Housez + contest threads viewable only by, say, Webkinz members + above.

Reason I would love to see this put in place is due to the problem with housez rooms being entered into the Kinzville Newz contests by those that did not make them. I know Grandmai's was proven to Ganz, and hopefully Newsboy's will be too !!

Granted, if one creates a housez room for the contest, it is best to not share it until the contest is over, but some people may already have rooms that they decide will work for entering into a contest. In this case they may forget to go back + temporarily delete their rooms from view.

I know that this will not prevent unscrupulous people from entering housez rooms that they did not enter, but it will cut down on the entire internet population from being able to do so.
I agree! Rep!

---------- lizzyxwebkinz added 1 Minutes and 43 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
Pictures that are saved as attachments can only be viewed by members.

Pictures that are posted using tinypic or photobucket, etc, are viewable to guests too.

The most recent picture to be stolen was saved as an attachment.
So someone that actually plays WI stoles the recently stolen picture?
WoW. I'm scared to post a house thread now...

Last edited by lizzyxwebkinz; 01-30-2009 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 01-31-2009, 01:14 PM   #35
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by colleenabeena
GREAT idea...It made me mad when I saw that a room was stolen for the first contest...And I got even more angry when it happened a second time!
I wouldn't be surprised if most of the entries were stolen from the house threads and contest threads. :[
View Post Originally Posted by thimbleina
That would be a very good idea. There have been a lot of problems with that, especially since Kinzville News launched.
View Post Originally Posted by -Lilypad
That's a great idea, Dixiecup. Another added safety measure would be to make it a private album, so that only your contacts could see it. Even though your contacts still could steal your idea, it would be easier to know who did it if there were to be an investigation.
Thanks for your comments everyone !
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 01-31-2009, 02:53 PM   #36
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!

I do think that is a good idea, thanks for suggesting this.
People can steal the images and claim them as their own, which is not fair.
Teamplaya2 is offline Female
Old 01-31-2009, 02:56 PM   #37
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by Teamplaya2
I do think that is a good idea, thanks for suggesting this.
People can steal the images and claim them as their own, which is not fair.
You're welcome
sno4270 is offline Female
Closed