Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 11:31 PM   #21
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Hiding Housez + Contest Threads from Non-WI Members

View Post Originally Posted by Chariac
Somoenoe could even be searching google images and come across rooms that are posted hear on WI. Plus, even if the image doesn't show up because your not a WI member, if you can find that room again under google web searches instead of image searches, you can look at a cached page and the image pops right up. Some with if you look at the original source code to find the image. If someone wants to stop people from stealing, they would need to also disable google. What would be a better deterent is if Ganz announced that cheaters would lose their accounts!
View Post Originally Posted by minimaid
Well, it is a really good idea! But if you google webkinz house rooms and you happen to not know that is stealing ( A 8 year old prolly wouldent know!) you could just save it and enter it!
View Post Originally Posted by a3doglife
I know I learned the hard way, but I get so excited to share when I have created something, not just here or on WW just in everyday life. Someone posted earlier that they don't mind sharing if they are asked first, And I agree with that totally. Just ask and give credit... type a line that says thanks to so & so for the ideas used here. Common courtesy it's called. Well you all have a good night, I gotta hit the bed. ChA
---------- a3doglife added 7 Minutes and 50 Seconds later ----------
??? Hummm...my 4 year old cousin knows when something isn't hers.

but your nice for defending them.

we can be ruff sometimes.

but it takes a ton of kc to set up a room as you know and when someone steals your idea and wins by taking a picture and turning it in that just stealing and you know it when you do it & it's wrong in my opinion. But I'm just a kid what do I know from right or wrong in someone elses upbringing - it might be ok in their world !
View Post Originally Posted by Kaitie9399
Sad to say but it's probably just safer (and smarter) not to post any of your contest entries on this site until AFTER the contest closes.
View Post Originally Posted by Grandmai
I was told by more than one person to water mark my rooms. I don't know how to do that and that won't stop someone from just making a duplicate room and entering. There really is no good answer unless Ganz really vets each winning entry to make sure it is their account. For this to happen a second time means they are not doing that.
Carolyn
View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Your own album is ALSO a safe place from people outside the community. No one from outside has access to our personal profiles. I know because I was working on my profile and I had forgot to use the 'Remember me' check box. I got logged out during a phone call and when I went to go back and finish, it said that I didn't have permission to access personal profiles.
Those are uploaded and hosted through as well Another bonus of being a part of this great community.
BUT...I STILL think it is better to save posting these pictures until after the contest has run. It is only a couple of days and I don't want to see another Broken-hearted Winner
View Post Originally Posted by cocogirl211
I like the idea - housez section goes viewable to only WI members
Thanks for all your comments + suggestions
sno4270 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2009, 12:54 AM   #22
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

That's a great idea.
I feel so bad for the the members who had their rooms stolen.
This would be a good idea, I know that it would cut down a lot. Thanks for posting, REP (:
vanvan20 is offline Female
Old 01-30-2009, 01:07 AM   #23
cbbjmom
Webkinz :)

bennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant future

I Saw recently were a member put a stamp over her room so it couldnt be copied. it was still easy to see the room maybe something like that would help? sad a member might have taken it.
bennysmommy1 is offline Female
Old 01-30-2009, 01:22 AM   #24
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by vanvan20
That's a great idea.
I feel so bad for the the members who had their rooms stolen.
This would be a good idea, I know that it would cut down a lot. Thanks for posting, REP (:
Thanks VV

View Post Originally Posted by bennysmommy1
I Saw recently were a member put a stamp over her room so it couldnt be copied. it was still easy to see the room maybe something like that would help? sad a member might have taken it.
I don't know how to do that. It would help the picture not get stolen, but the thief could maybe figure out how to edit it out, also they could just recreate it in their rooms.

Ya, it is sad
Old 01-30-2009, 07:21 AM   #25
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

Sno, I just checked this out by logging out. Guests can't see the Contests Galore Section so it must be possible for them to block access to certain forums to guests. The housez section is visible to everyone. I support this idea 100% it is a wonderful idea.

---------- ClaraZ25 added 4 Minutes and 52 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by bennysmommy1
I stamp all my rooms in my Housez thread. I put my name over the bottom corner of the room. In the worst cases it only blocks a chair or other small section of the room. I will show you an example. Click the image to open in full size.
It would be hard to edit this photo, but you could copy the design. If someone was to copy the design you would have no proof they stole your design, and thus no matter how much you and the WI staff worked on trying to sway Ganz there would be no proof they copied it.

Last edited by ClaraZ25; 01-30-2009 at 07:21 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 01-30-2009, 07:24 AM   #26
Give a
Gift Guru

kinzdreamer has disabled reputation

Question Re: Hiding Housez + Contest Threads from Non-WI Members

Somoenoe could even be searching google images and come across rooms that are posted hear on WI. Plus, even if the image doesn't show up because your not a WI member, if you can find that room again under google web searches instead of image searches, you can look at a cached page and the image pops right up. Some with if you look at the original source code to find the image. If someone wants to stop people from stealing, they would need to also disable google. What would be a better deterent is if Ganz announced that cheaters would lose their accounts!
Someone could be an innocent copier and accidently lose their accounts. Did they posts in BIG letters you cannot copy another room on the contest?
kinzdreamer is offline Female
Old 01-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #27
e all love our

fluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant future

That is great point! We don't want others taking other people's work and tking credit for it! Your are also right, it would cut down the population!
♥peep♥
fluffypup is offline Female
Old 01-30-2009, 08:42 AM   #28
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

This is exactly the solution! We wouldn't even need to discuss this if Ganz would just step up to the plate. They need to take responsibility here for their own contests and get off their lazy behinds and verify the submissions.
AnthonysMommy is offline Female
Old 01-30-2009, 09:46 AM   #29
oohoo!!!

auntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guide

I think Ganz should have participants fill out an entry form, directing them to the room that is being entered into the contest. You would give them the name or number of the room, the way you would if something were stuck in a room. They should not accept uploaded photos of members' rooms as the entry. Yes, they would have to do more work, because they would have to go through each participant's house, but it would be harder to cheat. It's their contest, they should do more to stop the cheating, because it also reflects pretty badly on them. I'm almost glad that I live in one of the places that cannot participate in their contests.
auntjenny7 is offline Female
Old 01-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #30
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by ClaraZ25
Sno, I just checked this out by logging out. Guests can't see the Contests Galore Section so it must be possible for them to block access to certain forums to guests. The housez section is visible to everyone. I support this idea 100% it is a wonderful idea.
---------- ClaraZ25 added 4 Minutes and 52 Seconds later ----------
I stamp all my rooms in my Housez thread. I put my name over the bottom corner of the room. In the worst cases it only blocks a chair or other small section of the room. I will show you an example.
It would be hard to edit this photo, but you could copy the design. If someone was to copy the design you would have no proof they stole your design, and thus no matter how much you and the WI staff worked on trying to sway Ganz there would be no proof they copied it.
Ya, if someone wants to cheat, there's always some way they can figure out how to do so, we just wanna try to make it that much harder for them to do so

View Post Originally Posted by kinzdreamer
Someone could be an innocent copier and accidently lose their accounts. Did they posts in BIG letters you cannot copy another room on the contest?
Here's the rules of the contest:

Quote:
3. Each Entrant must create an original graphic submission ...
8. Each Entry must include an original Submission. By entering the Submission, the Entrant represents and warrants that: (a) the Submission is the original creation of the Entrant and does not include or incorporate, in any manner, any work that was created and/or owned by a third party ...
View Post Originally Posted by fluffypup
That is great point! We don't want others taking other people's work and tking credit for it! Your are also right, it would cut down the population!
♥peep♥
Thanks

View Post Originally Posted by AnthonysMommy
This is exactly the solution! We wouldn't even need to discuss this if Ganz would just step up to the plate. They need to take responsibility here for their own contests and get off their lazy behinds and verify the submissions.
Um, yep

View Post Originally Posted by auntjenny7
I think Ganz should have participants fill out an entry form, directing them to the room that is being entered into the contest. You would give them the name or number of the room, the way you would if something were stuck in a room. They should not accept uploaded photos of members' rooms as the entry. Yes, they would have to do more work, because they would have to go through each participant's house, but it would be harder to cheat. It's their contest, they should do more to stop the cheating, because it also reflects pretty badly on them. I'm almost glad that I live in one of the places that cannot participate in their contests.
Ya, that would be harder for Ganz but better for us entrants
Closed