Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
janesosquare
Gift Guru

missquarejane is just really nicemissquarejane is just really nice

Default hey justin... this isn't good!

so you all know i love it here, right? LOL!

well today while browsing around, i noticed a side-bar ad in the sponsors section on the left under "ads by Google"... it said "webkinz cheats and codes. find cheats and codes for unlimited webkinz cash" or something to that effect. i clicked because i thought to myself, "that's not right! that should be checked out and reported!"

when you click on it, it takes you to a page labeled 'unlimited kinzcash blah blah blah...' and then the whole page is dedicated to legal battles around mesothelioma... and i'm convinced i picked up spyware there too because my computer started working a touch too hard for a page with no image/video content.

don't know what you guys can do about that, or if there's anything worth doing about it but there are a LOT of little kids here who will click on that and leave their computers all sloggy.
missquarejane is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2007, 03:39 PM   #2
Gift Guru

katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence
katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: hey justin... this isn't good!

It's advertising. Justin can't do anything about the ads that are on there. At least I don't think.
katiepup is offline Female
Old 08-30-2007, 03:39 PM   #3
Banned

puppylove7 is an unknown quantity at this point

that is werid nevr click on ads though
Old 08-30-2007, 03:41 PM   #4
d a r l i n g;]
Gifted

webkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond repute

It's just a ad. Not sure if he can do anything.
webkinzrules4ever is offline Female
Old 08-30-2007, 03:41 PM   #5
rainbowfairy45
Gifted

rainbowfairy45 will become famous soon enough

uh oh thats no good!
Old 08-30-2007, 03:43 PM   #6
Uppies
Gift Guru

Uppies wears the mantle of perfection with graceUppies wears the mantle of perfection with graceUppies wears the mantle of perfection with graceUppies wears the mantle of perfection with graceUppies wears the mantle of perfection with graceUppies wears the mantle of perfection with graceUppies wears the mantle of perfection with grace

It is always best to report any ads that seem questionable.

Misssquarejane - not sure if that is possible, I am not good with computers, but I would run my virus protector & clear my cache.

Uppies
Old 08-30-2007, 03:43 PM   #7
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

There's really not much I can do. Google selects the ads for us, but they do have some strict TOS on who they allow into the program. I can block URLs manually, but you'll have to give me the web address.
Justin is offline Male
Old 08-30-2007, 03:47 PM   #8
~princessthethird~
Webkinz :)

princessthethird is on a distinguished road

OMG rainbowfariy45 I have a pink poodle which name is Rosie and she is my latest webkinz!!
princessthethird is offline Female
Old 08-30-2007, 03:47 PM   #9
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

I just saw this one and went to the site after extracting the URL from the ad (I'm not allowed to click on them) and it's just a site with google ads.

This is called "click flipping".. .Basically, what they do is pay Google a certain amount of money for clicks to direct them to that page. Then, they run ads that will earn them more if you click on them. So, they pay google $0.05 for everyone that clicks and then they get paid, say $0.50 for everyone that clicks on the link on their page. So, they just have to make sure that at least 1 in 10 people who clicked through on the ad will click through the second ad so they can at least break even

No spyware, just not what it was advertised to be. I've blocked the URL, but it takes some time to filter it out.
Attached Images
File Type: pngPicture 6.png (9.0 KB, 80 views)
Justin is offline Male
Old 08-30-2007, 03:48 PM   #10
smothie
Gifted

smothie is a glorious beacon of lightsmothie is a glorious beacon of light

That's not good! Try to get rid of it! Can you?
Closed