Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #21
Lil Kinz
debsterdeb is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: HEY I just got an idea! :D

I don't know enough about qualifications to be a moderator or anything to comment on that, but I must agree that teens get trashed way too much. Many are super responsible - more so than many adults. I know I was. The extended time they spend at the site and additional attention to detail may be benefits too, if they reported to someone else.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2008, 07:05 PM   #22
Webkinz :)

josie392 is an unknown quantity at this point

nice idea bub
Old 08-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #23
is cooler than you.
Gifted
Mrsbuster is just really niceMrsbuster is just really nice

Lightbulb Re: HEY I just got an idea! :D

Yes there were members back then called "Forum Protectors" aka FPs. They were always purple as for color usernames.

They got taken away because the people that look over vBulletin was looking over this, they saw FP and I guess asked Justin about what they were and they said something like sorry you can't have the as the staff because it goes over Child Labor rules.

If they would be a part of the staff I guess they should be an adult because I don't know, just people 16, 17, 18, are just cutting it close. You have to be I think 21? Too apply to be a Mod.

Hope this Helps!

-Mrsbuster
Old 08-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #24
Ugh! im still a
Webkinz :)

murgum will become famous soon enough

i kinda like the idea if it wer changed a bit
murgum is offline Female
Old 08-02-2008, 07:55 PM   #25
smallville89
Gift Guru

danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!

Hi Guys!

I don't think you can judge anyone by their age. Working parents are just as busy as teens in school. And lots of teens are more mature than some adults I have met!

Unfortunately, the Internet is growing rapidly and has many unsafe sites and unsafe people. With that come Child Protection Laws, and it's the responsibility of the site owner to see that the members on the site are kept safe. All moderators are subject to background checks and expected to look out for everyone's best interests as well as behave appropriately....hence the reason there are no Teen Mods...it is not from a lack of trust on Justin and Wendy's part, they are looking out for everyone as a whole...
danathorn is offline Female
Old 08-02-2008, 10:38 PM   #26
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

Those are some very strong requirements, sounds like a good idea to me.

I think that the ' pre-mods ' or maybe ' junior mods ' could have a few extra rights on WI. Maybe a Moderator forum where mods can talk, they can access that. And they can delete posts that they feel are innappropriate.
Maybe they can also be trained by regular moderators.

I also think that pre mods should be atleast 14 years old ( only the founder knows our ages ).. because then they would be in high school.
And I think they should have been a member for atleast a year.
It shouldn't be like the GE though, where half of WI members are excepted or so, it should only be about 15-20 members or so. I think

I strongly disagree with the person who said that teens would just ban a person because they said something rude to them. Teens these days are maturing faster... teens aren't elementary school children who fight over who has the most posts and all.
I think if the pre-mod program became a reality, then pre mods shouldn't have the right to ban users anyways. They should only be able to delete posts that they think are innappropriate ( asking a regular mod if it would be an appropriate action first ), and be able to talk in a moderator forum.
I'm not always with the idea of having to be atleast 21 to be a moderator.. I feel like I'm being babysat on here. That's my opinion though..

Last edited by Livi; 08-02-2008 at 10:45 PM..
Livi is offline Female
Old 08-03-2008, 09:47 AM   #27
bitsyluv. SHYAA, i'm
Gifted

bitsyluv will become famous soon enough

livi that looked like to took long to type! thanks!
bitsyluv is offline Female
Old 08-03-2008, 09:59 AM   #28
Gifted

lulu is a glorious beacon of lightlulu is a glorious beacon of lightlulu is a glorious beacon of light

What a great idea.
I would love to become one.

I just don't know if this will happen because of Child Labor Laws.
lulu is offline Female
Old 08-03-2008, 10:07 AM   #29
AGAG1234
Gift Guru

kinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all around

We get rewarded in our own special way.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:12 AM   #30
KAF, my little angel
Gift Guru

mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!

Like Danathorn said, there were forum protectors and Justin had to remove them because of child labor laws so it just cannot happen. This is not against kids or teens at all.

I do not think there is a place for "jr mods" on WI. I think the staff here has been hand picked and is an excellent bunch of people to keep the forum safe. I think adding another staff category is completely unnecessary.

Just my opinion.
mommamia3 is offline Female
Closed