Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #1
bitsyluv. SHYAA, i'm
Gifted

bitsyluv will become famous soon enough

Default HEY I just got an idea! :D

Well, I was looking at a thread that closed, and it was about how TEENS could become mods. We can't do that for various reasons;but we could make a different ranking like pre-mod, or some other name of that sort.

We wouldn't have any REAL powers but it would make whoever it was feel confident in their ranking, and they could post things a mod too. Main point is they would feel like a mod, and kids like to have power if you know what i mean.

To be a pre-mod they would have to have certain qualifications that would be hard to get and they would have to apply for it. Here are some "qualifications" I thought would be suitable... then when they became a pre-mod they would feel WELL qualified!

QUALIFICATIONS:
1 Over 2500 posts (Very active!)

2 gift guru (Knows the rules!)

3 200+ friends (Well known!)

4 Atleast five referrals (Encouraging new members!)

5 A member for atleast a year (Knows a good deal about WI!)

6 You HAVE to be 14 or 15 (In high school!) to be a pre-mod and as Livi suggested Jr. Mod

7 (Your idea here!)

Reputation wouldn't count towards your qualifications either! Since people are making such big issues over reputation this ranking would backfire on them! All those repeat threads and trying to be helpful posts wouldn't do anything for them! (Although some people help for other's goods! *KUDOS TO YOU*)
Comments?

View Post Originally Posted by lkemper
hmm, I think I like this idea. Maybe a pre-mod could like be a mod in training, and assist real mods with things. I think teens with the qualifications you specified are ready. pm me to talk more about this matter.
great idea!!!!! i never thought of it in a "training" mod matter!!

View Post Originally Posted by Livi
Those are some very strong requirements, sounds like a good idea to me.

I think that the ' pre-mods ' or maybe ' junior mods ' could have a few extra rights on WI. Maybe a Moderator forum where mods can talk, they can access that. And they can delete posts that they feel are innappropriate.
Maybe they can also be trained by regular moderators.

I also think that pre mods should be atleast 14 years old ( only the founder knows our ages ).. because then they would be in high school.
And I think they should have been a member for atleast a year.
It shouldn't be like the GE though, where half of WI members are excepted or so, it should only be about 15-20 members or so. I think

I strongly disagree with the person who said that teens would just ban a person because they said something rude to them. Teens these days are maturing faster... teens aren't elementary school children who fight over who has the most posts and all.
I think if the pre-mod program became a reality, then pre mods shouldn't have the right to ban users anyways. They should only be able to delete posts that they think are innappropriate ( asking a regular mod if it would be an appropriate action first ), and be able to talk in a moderator forum.
I'm not always with the idea of having to be atleast 21 to be a moderator.. I feel like I'm being babysat on here. That's my opinion though..
WOW! thats alot of typing! i like your ideas too! ive added a few to my qualifications!

Last edited by bitsyluv; 08-03-2008 at 08:29 AM..
bitsyluv is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2008, 04:06 PM   #2
shelyn72
Gifted

shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: HEY I just got an idea! :D

While I appreciate your thought process, it just wouldn't be practical to do this. You say they wouldn't have any real power, but then you say they would be able to post things a mod could. Mods were chosen very carefully in order to ensure the safety of all WI members. A pre-mod isn't really needed and wouldn't be very practical to implement purely for the reason of letting someone THINK they have power.
shell4 is offline Female
Old 08-02-2008, 04:22 PM   #3
Call me Mo Mo!
Webkinz :)

sciencegirl87 has a spectacular aura about

It's a nice idea, but I don't think it will work, and I doubt that the Webkinz Insider will make "pre-mods".
sciencegirl87 is offline Female
Old 08-02-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
ebkinz are so
Gifted

1luvpuppies is a splendid one to behold1luvpuppies is a splendid one to behold1luvpuppies is a splendid one to behold1luvpuppies is a splendid one to behold

I actually think that wouldn't be a good idea. We have plenty of mods. Adults are most trusted, too. I mean what if a teen decided that they didn't like someone and just banned them...I mean i could totally see teens doing that...but adults? Nah, I couldn't picture that.

I think everything is fine as is. Why would we need 'pre-mods' anyway? What would they do?
And even if there were pre-mods, I think being a gift guru is kind of strict. Some MODS aren't even gurus. And I have a question, what exactly IS a referral? I have 2 I think, but I'm not sure what it is.

I don't think that would play out well. I just don't see it happening. And do you know how many teens there are on here?? There are plenty of adults, too, but there are TONS of kids, tweens, teens, etc.

But I see that it would be "cool" in some ways. =]
1luvpuppies is offline Female
Old 08-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #5
I secretly play

buddhaformarsha is a name known to allbuddhaformarsha is a name known to allbuddhaformarsha is a name known to all

From what I've read, there were forum protectors awhile back, and kids held that position. This titles was dropped, but I don't know why.
buddhaformarsha is offline Female
Old 08-02-2008, 04:35 PM   #6
You're dang straight

lala908 will become famous soon enough

I don't think it would work, and some of the regular mods don't even have 5 referrals yet
lala908 is offline Female
Old 08-02-2008, 04:37 PM   #7
Call me Twarry!

WebkinzGirl500 is just really niceWebkinzGirl500 is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by buddhaformarsha
From what I've read, there were forum protectors awhile back, and kids held that position. This titles was dropped, but I don't know why.
Yeah, there were FP's, they called them, but I think Justin and Wendy dropped it because I think it was something about not being old enough. Someone told them no.
WebkinzGirl500 is offline Female
Old 08-02-2008, 04:42 PM   #8
ebkinz are so
Gifted

1luvpuppies is a splendid one to behold1luvpuppies is a splendid one to behold1luvpuppies is a splendid one to behold1luvpuppies is a splendid one to behold

FP's must have been before my time...but you see? If kids couldn't handle the position, teens most likely aren't eligible either.
1luvpuppies is offline Female
Old 08-02-2008, 04:48 PM   #9
Gift Guru

dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!

well it is a good idea..just might not be able to happen...
dreamb97 is offline Female
Old 08-02-2008, 04:53 PM   #10
Gift Trainee

Zulzen is on a distinguished road

I'm, sorry pre-mods won't work what you would want to do is Respected member if they want it just for the title. Also it'd be nice of people to stop trashing kids and teenagers I've ran many forums before and adults go power mad too, so please don't don't just state all kids and teenagers are the only ones who go power mad(No offense to anyone).
Closed