Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 03:13 AM   #1
harlequinn

Default Here's a suggestion: Stop using flash!!

Many, MANY of the everyday problems and glitches users face on WW are because the site is based in flash.

Flash is perhaps the easiest (read: laziest) way to create a site, but WW is a PAY site! Users should be receiving a quality experience for the amount of money they've invested. ESPECIALLY if membership must be redeemed yearly! Users should want to renew their membership- but why would they if their online experience has been marred by constant glitching?

If the programmers at Ganz took the time to 'build' the site from scratch, many of these highly annoying issues would disappear. Yes, it takes longer, and would perhaps be costlier (as far as paying people for harder, more detail-oriented work), but if they took these steps, we would all be left with a much more solid site.

I am by NO stretch of the imagination a computer or programming expert, but even I know of the many issues associated with flash-based sites.

My bigger issue/gripe here is that Ganz is not taking the time to provide a high-quality product. And not just with their website, btw! Though that's best saved for another thread entirely!

Last edited by harlequinn; 01-17-2009 at 03:19 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2009, 07:15 AM   #2

miss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guide

Default Re: Here's a suggestion: Stop using flash!!

Hmm. I have a lot of fun. glitches really dont hurt me.
miss sherbert is offline Female
Old 01-17-2009, 07:26 AM   #3
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

OH, Harle, I could NOT agree with you more on this! I detest the constant 'A scripting error has caused this program to slow down.' I don't know if they anticipated such a well-received response from the general public when they first introduced Webkinz. I know a friend of mine runs a gift shop and she couldn't give them away for the longest time. Right about the time she was going to send back the pets, public interest began to climb. Now, she is having a problem keeping up with the demand.
Webkinz has never used an advertising platform for their product. It has all been 'word of mouth' and on-site propaganda.
I think the reason they used the Flash in the first place was because it is a BETA site and in perpetual testing phase. If you have seen Justin's last few threads in the WI Breaking News, you will note that they have gone through the trouble of searching for Patents on a VARIETY of expansions to the site and offline usages.
Flash is cheap...but I agree, it is most certainly time to quit playing and GROW UP to accomodate users needs and demands. If they make a public announcement stating that they are going to be down for a week with drastic improvements and an incentive to return, I am certain that the public, though inconvenienced, would be accepting of that change for the better. But they are certainly running out the clock on credibility.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-17-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
Look world I'm
Gift Guru

marileemed is just really nicemarileemed is just really nice

I agree. My son and daughter play online with a multitude of games and they constantly tell me find another game to play because of all the glitches. I have NEVER been able to get into the Clubhouse....Then the My Page came along and I can't do it.....Then the Corral Cove came and guess what can't get into it. I think their prices compared to TY and other online games is very high. Plus their quality of plushes is below many other companies. I think they need to re-invest some of their earnings ............LOL Did I really just type that

When I first started I figured I couldn't get into the Clubhouse because of my age.....Then I realized after being on WI how many adults are on. I get so frustrated with the site....but I am loyal. If they did like Dixiecup suggested and shut down for a week, I would happily wait for the upgrades....

We can only hope for the future. The future is bright I gotta wear
marileemed is offline Female
Old 01-17-2009, 08:14 AM   #5
I wish I was a
Webkinz :)

doglover16 is a jewel in the roughdoglover16 is a jewel in the rough

well, I've seen lots of other online sites that use flash for their game, and NO GLITCHES. like Dizzywood, and that's 3D in flash, and clubpanguin, though, neopets isn't all flash, but no glitches. think it's just GANZ, they might not be using the data codes right, so when they make this update, they edited a previous program by accedent (oh right, I'm a computer wiz!). so I don't know why it's not as easy doing webkinz, so all I know it must be ganz, but I still agree(a little.), atleast Ganz should use shockwave, even know not everybody has shockwave, they can include the download site, so, if they did do that, and make it from scratch, maybe it would work better. just my opinion.

~doglover16
doglover16 is offline Male
Closed