Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 06:39 AM   #1
Gifted
my3dragonflies is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Helping to Search

I have a question for the mods, and forgive me for posting it here, because I'm not sure where else to go with it.

I had a question about the Webkinz Studio. My son really wants to try this, but we keep getting an error message.

So I came here to WI to see if I could find any posts about this error message. I typed in "Webkinz Studio" in the search box, but I got mostly threads for GE lists. No info on the error message.

So I decide to start a new thread. I type in my title "Webkinz Stuido?" and then it pops up with 5 threads that have been closed about the subject, and I find my answer. Kind of, anyway.

Does that mean when someone does a search for something in a closed thread that the results won't appear in a forum search ever?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2007, 06:50 AM   #2
Webkinz :)
gjba is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Helping to Search

I would like to know about the Studio too. My child purchased it a while back and when she tried to use it was not allowed. Looks like a lot of money wasted. Webkinz should not have it in the W shop if it can not be used. We have not been able to get any answers either.

We feel like this little guy.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:51 AM   #3
ask for it
Banned
*Posh*Becks*Paris* is a name known to all*Posh*Becks*Paris* is a name known to all*Posh*Becks*Paris* is a name known to all

I'm not sure.. i DO know that the webkinz studios are not working so they can make them more safe & secure
Old 11-29-2007, 08:24 AM   #4
Gifted

jillion has a brilliant futurejillion has a brilliant futurejillion has a brilliant futurejillion has a brilliant futurejillion has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by my3dragonflies
Does that mean when someone does a search for something in a closed thread that the results won't appear in a forum search ever?
My3dragonflies, closed threads do show up in the Searches. However, since the Search results are generally sorted by date, the ones in the Gift Exchange sometimes just crowd out the others.

Besides using the approach you did (with starting a new thread), there's two other simple ways around this
1) Use the forum’s Advanced Search. Then you can limit which subforums are included in the search. I did this, searching only the General Discussion/Chat and found two pages of posts with Studio in the title.
Specifically, in the Forum Advanced Search, use
Key word(s): studio
Search Titles only (rather than Search Entire Post)
Then down below, in Search Options, scroll down and just choose General Discussion/Chat (rather than the default of “Search All Open Forums”).
Here’s the first few links that come up using this method (the first two of which are still open, by the way!)
When will the webkinz studio reopen? rockraiderlego
Last post…11-21-2007 05:06 AM by Lissykinz
Webkinz Studio IndianPrincess
Last post…11-16-2007 06:04 PM by princesstiara
Webkinz Studio??? Maranatha
Last post…11-10-2007 02:45 PM by SweetClover
Webkinz studio lucymurphy
Last post…11-03-2007 04:39 PM by lucymurphy
What is the deal with the webkinz studio? kittygrl1010
Last post…11-02-2007 07:30 PM by Lady Di
Studio error message olilily
Last post…11-02-2007 05:47 AM by Rallymama

2) Alternatively, use Google. Since the Gift Exchange is not public, those results won’t show on Google. To limit the results to just those on Webkinzinsider, either
use Advanced Search on Google and type in webkinsider.com in the “Domain”
–or–
just type in
"webkinz studio" site:webkinzinsider.com
in the Google search bar to look only at the ones on webkinzinsider. : )
jillion is offline Female
Old 11-29-2007, 08:26 AM   #5
macy06
Gifted

Lissykinz has much to be proud ofLissykinz has much to be proud ofLissykinz has much to be proud ofLissykinz has much to be proud ofLissykinz has much to be proud of

I dont use the search option. Its not a big help.. never find what i am looking for anyways..
Lissykinz is offline Female
Old 11-29-2007, 09:13 AM   #6
Gifted
my3dragonflies is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by jillion
My3dragonflies, closed threads do show up in the Searches. However, since the Search results are generally sorted by date, the ones in the Gift Exchange sometimes just crowd out the others.

Besides using the approach you did (with starting a new thread), there's two other simple ways around this
1) Use the forum’s Advanced Search. Then you can limit which subforums are included in the search. I did this, searching only the General Discussion/Chat and found two pages of posts with Studio in the title.
Ah! Thank you! I wasn't aware there was an advanced search here...that helps a lot.
Closed