Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2007, 06:42 PM   #1
cookymom
Gifted

cookymom is an unknown quantity at this point

Default HELP-My stuff is disappearing!!

It took me months to finally get all the gems to buy the crown of wonder. I put it on my chihuhua and left it on him and now it's DISAPPEARED!! I have lost a few other items as well in the past week. I changed my pass word although I know for sure no one besides my kids knew it. I can check their accounts so I know they didn't take the stuff. I would like to know what the heck is going on. Does anyone have any ideas??
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
If You Want It, Ask
Gifted

cac953 is a jewel in the roughcac953 is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: HELP-My stuff is disappearing!!

Try changing your password to something VERY hard-and quickly. Something for example like this: webkinzinsiderlover35468713136546 with a lot of random numbers. Make sure you write it down, or you will forget it. I hope this helps!
-
Visitors on here can see your username and guess your password. Take it off like I did. Also delete everyone on your Friends list on WW except your real friends/family. Only people you know personally.

Last edited by cac953; 08-18-2007 at 07:50 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
cac953 is offline Female
Old 08-18-2007, 07:52 PM   #3
Gift Guru

k2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud of

I would contact ganz things seem to have been diappearing alot latley it may be glitch and they could show up later but I would still try tech support
k2ramal is offline Female
Old 08-18-2007, 10:30 PM   #4
emily7921

Try to call Ganz [I don't know their number off the top of my head], or email them at support@webkinz.com

Good luck, and I hope this problem does not occur again in the future.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:32 PM   #5
Gifted

pirates19 will become famous soon enough

omg i am so sorry
Old 08-18-2007, 11:09 PM   #6
Webkinz :)
joyagirl1013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I am brand new here and really, signed up on anything webkinz forum I could find because I was soo upset to come home, sign on to my children's webkinz accounts (we have two) and find both accounts depleted of everything!! Docks empty and rooms empty...even the brand new charm we just purchased, the code is now useless. My 10 yr old dd is in her bed crying and my 11 yr old son is just angry. We have been diligent about following logging off rules, etc and passwords are not shared b/c we had this happen to a friends son about 2 weeks ago. We have only had webkinz since the end of June.
Well, I found this thread and thank you to whomever suggested contacting webkinz support. The site itself does not really allow a place to express anything in detail and my frustration, anger and saddness tonight is unreal. I feel so violated. So I wrote to Ganz and told them so. Of course, I was positive, not negative, I do like the website, enjoy being on the site with both my children and think the educational experience is wonderful that webkinz provides.
I just needed to really reach out and 'talk' about what happened tonight because I do really feel violated. Luckily, the kinzcash was untouched and the gem collections, from what I opened, untouched.
I am 41 yrs old and feel like a fool being this upset over a website. But...dont laugh, I put hours upon hours in decorating the various rooms for the kids (right up my alley!!). So sad. Curious how others deal with loosing it all, suggestions? Thanks for letting me vent and sorry to have had to find a forum under these circumstances. And a huge thank you for posting the link, very helpful.
Joy
Old 08-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #7
princessdjl
Banned
c2comm is an unknown quantity at this point

If you think someone who uses your computer may have taken your items but know that you never gave them your password get a good anti-virus, or spyware scanner. Today there are so many keyloggers out there it is so easy for people to get info from a computer they have physical access to.

A keylogger is a program which starts when windows does, and hides in the background virtually undetectable keeping a log file of all the keys you type. Some of the moer advanced ones also recored screen captures and put it all into a managable interface.

One of the more popular one uses the default of CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + G all pushed simultaneously to bring up the password entry window.

You can get Windows Defender from Microsoft, Ad-aware , Spybot Search and Destroy and Kaspersky AV.
I swear by Kaspersky since I have seen for myself it find 82 viruses that 2 other very famous programs overlooked. And it updates every 3 hours. you can get a free 1 month trial and then message me and I can get you another 3 free months. free. no strings attached and no... Im not a dealer or reseller. I get nothing from them in anyway except a piece of mind that I know my computer is safe.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 08-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #8
kayeray
Gift Guru

kayeray has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by joyagirl1013
Hi. I am brand new here and really, signed up on anything webkinz forum I could find because I was soo upset to come home, sign on to my children's webkinz accounts (we have two) and find both accounts depleted of everything!! Docks empty and rooms empty...even the brand new charm we just purchased, the code is now useless. My 10 yr old dd is in her bed crying and my 11 yr old son is just angry. We have been diligent about following logging off rules, etc and passwords are not shared b/c we had this happen to a friends son about 2 weeks ago. We have only had webkinz since the end of June.
Well, I found this thread and thank you to whomever suggested contacting webkinz support. The site itself does not really allow a place to express anything in detail and my frustration, anger and saddness tonight is unreal. I feel so violated. So I wrote to Ganz and told them so. Of course, I was positive, not negative, I do like the website, enjoy being on the site with both my children and think the educational experience is wonderful that webkinz provides.
I just needed to really reach out and 'talk' about what happened tonight because I do really feel violated. Luckily, the kinzcash was untouched and the gem collections, from what I opened, untouched.
I am 41 yrs old and feel like a fool being this upset over a website. But...dont laugh, I put hours upon hours in decorating the various rooms for the kids (right up my alley!!). So sad. Curious how others deal with loosing it all, suggestions? Thanks for letting me vent and sorry to have had to find a forum under these circumstances. And a huge thank you for posting the link, very helpful.
Joy
Joy, I'm so sorry to hear of your circumstance. I feel for your kids. Bless their hearts! It is so important to not let your kids or anyone see them log into their account. This happened to one of my daughter's friends who had logged in at another friends house and one of the kids that was there memorized the name and password.
Also, tell them to make sure that they make the password really hard for anyone including themselves to remember. That way they would have to look at where they wrote it everytime they log in. That is what we did for our daughter and also my own account. We have the passwords located by the Home Computer written in a little book strickly for passwords. Also, make sure your passwords to any account, anything that requires a password is different. For instance, my password for WI if far off from my PW from my WKW account. Also, my other account has a different password to. SOunds like someone has found out your kids passwords. Definately change those passwords to some hard ones. Hopefully Ganz can help you out.
kayeray is offline Female
Old 08-18-2007, 11:51 PM   #9
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

so sorry for both of you...as well as all those others out there that continue to experience this. i do all of this for my dd and id be crushed if this happened to her. its gotten to the point though that i try to prep her just in case this happens to us in the future.

i dont know if either of you got a chance to read this but band_nerd0898 posted this thread that i thought was full of really good information and helpful hints.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...6.html?t=48986

you should also follow others advice and get your user name changed at this point.

hopefully you'll get some stuff back soon.

my best to you all.
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Old 08-19-2007, 12:09 AM   #10
brendawong

i lost my country bed i put it in this persons rooma nd then it said im sorry this is not ur room then it logged me out and when i logged bac in it was gone

at first i was at a friends house( jason on WI ) and then when i went bac to my house u no sometimes it takes u to the persons house u just went too yea well that happend then i tried putting something down then it said it wasnt my room i was stupid i shoulda just put tdownsomething cheeeep!
Closed