Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2007, 05:53 PM   #1
Alternative music is
halliepdaly is on a distinguished road

Question Help

What is you sighniture. and on your user cp it say edit signatuure. what is that. also if you do not have a webkinz avatar and it is some thing else , you know how it has that.... well if you have an avatar that is a webkinz it says webkinz above it and when your avatar is not a webkinz is says webkin? or something else. Can you change that??? ???

halliepdaly is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2007, 06:59 PM   #2
Webkinz :)
sevenwhiskers will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Help

your signature is a block of text or image (or combination) that you can add and it will appear at the bottom of your posts, like your avatar appears to the left of them... if you look around, you might notice that some members have some stuff below their posts that says how many webkinz they have, or says their webkinz names, or things like that... those are their 'signatures' ....if you go into the CP where you saw that and click on it (edit signature) it will give you a text box into which you can type just like you do in reply boxes (you can also add images through there) .... i wrote about how to do this to someone earlier today and i'll copy & paste here what i wrote there, hope it helps

look up top of the screen - see the love puppy at the left of all the webkinz? underneath her is a link that says "user CP" ....click that, it takes you to your control panel (CP) ...

inside your control panel, look on the left, still inside the blue... there's a heading that says "Control panel Settings and Options" ....in the list below that heading, click on "edit signature" ....you will get a big white box just like you get when you go to make a post/reply .....in that box, type what you want your signature to say.. do the colours and smileys that you want, size, etc etc....

if you want to add a picture, you use the options underneath the smileys, see them?

if you want to link to a pic that is hosted online (meaning, the picture is somewhere else on the internet, not saved on your computer) then you paste the link to the picture into the small box that says " Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website" ......you shouldn't hotlink though (it uses other people's bandwidth and sometimes a hotlinked pic will become something you don't want) - open a photobucket account, ( link here ) or other free image hosting site and put it there if you can't save it (or don't want to) on your own computer....if the website that you want the pic from allows it, you can do this to get the exact picture url (you need that, not just the page that it's on)

* mouse over the image
* right click
* choose "properties"
* highlight and copy the url beside "location" in the box that pops up
* paste that url into the small box mentioned above (beside "option 1" )

for the other option, you need to know how to save a picture to your computer from the internet:

* mouse over the picture
* right click
* choose "save picture as" or "save image as"
* select the location on your computer where you wish to save your picture
* you may want to rename the file to something you'll remember

if the picture that you want to use is now on your computer (saved in a file) then you use the second option, where it says " Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer" .....to do that, you click "browse" and it will let you search (browse) through your computer files to find the picture you have saved...

IMPORTANT: when you are finished, be sure to click "save signature" underneath at the bottom on that page... you MUST save it, or all your hard work will disappear and you'll have to start all over again.

note the words at the bottom: The maximum size of your custom image is 450 by 150 pixels.

you may have to re-size your pic for it to be accepted... this can be done with basic paint, or with a more advanced program (PSP, photoshop, etc) ...i won't give big long directions for that because you didn't say whether you already knew how to do that

i hope this makes enough sense and helps - if there's something you find isn't working, or you don't understand something i wrote, just say so and i'll try to clarify.

as for the "webkinz?" that you saw above your av, that was because you were new, with less than X posts (i'm not sure of the numbers when it changes, might be 10?) ....they're rank titles and you'll see different ones on different people... "gifted" users are people with over 25 posts and who have agreed to the gift exchange rules and participate in trades in that section (and i see you're one of those yourself, so you know what that is now LOL ) ... "gift gurus" i believe are people who've done over 10 trades and received positive feedback for those, as well as have over 50 posts... they're allowed to trade via PM... then there's "moderator" "admin" and i've also seen some "forum protectors" around, which i *think* are people who help out a lot but can't be a full moderator yet due to their age....

so yeah, hope that helps out a bit and makes sense of things.