Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
♥♥
Gifted

runlikethewind is an unparalleled talent
runlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talent

Default Hear me out, WI; just voicing my opinion.

I created a thread like this while a go, and it was deleted soon after I had created it. Please know that this isn't an outright act of rebelliousness, but rather an issue that I've had difficulty with in the past, and would like to slightly change to better the creativity of our WI members.

This is a thread regarding the Creative Writing rules. I know that the WI Board has worked very hard on the rules in the CW section; I totally respect your goal to make all stories age appropriate. But, the question to me is, "What is age appropriate?"

Now, apparently, ANY romantically suggestive stories are prohibited in the rules. I can understand how romance can get inappropriate (obviously), but I feel like creating a story in which all characters must remain strictly platonic isn't necessary. Think about it, romance isn't something that we should be afraid of. Look at G rated movies that revolve around romance:

Cinderella
Snow White
Sleeping Beauty
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin

All of these movies are approved for ALL ages, and yet contain romantic story lines AND physical activities such as kissing.
Quote:
The biggest challenge we are still seeing is romance in stories. We have been very clear from the start that this is not something that would be allowed on WI, in any form, because it could so easily be turned into something strongly inappropriate. I know many of you mean perfectly well by creating some relationships between characters that turn into crushes, or dating, but this is not allowed and will have your story removed or closed. No exceptions.
I'm not pushing for WI to let us have our character's be incredibly intimate, but I feel like a healthy dose of romance isn't inappropriate at all. We can't have ANY FORM OF ROMANCE AT ALL? I don't care whether or not kissing is allowed, but I remember when a crush was allowed. Can we at least have that back? If we abide by the rules regarding no physical romance?

I just feel like my creativity is being suppressed, and I'm sure other WI authors feel the same. Mods, please don't close this thread. Take what I've said into consideration, and please give us a little more leniency.

Last edited by runlikethewind; 11-03-2011 at 10:21 PM..
runlikethewind is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Default Re: Hear me out, WI; just voicing my opinion.

I think you've already received the answer to your request. You are right, the answer is NO ROMANCE AT ALL. It's our policy, no romance, no exceptions.

If you don't like this, there are many other websites out there where you could post your stories, we sure don't want to stifle your creativity.... post them, but not on WI.

Please respect our rules. A lot of thought went into deciding this, and it's for the welfare of all our readers. We are alfter all, a Webkinz site and there are a lot of very young readers here.

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/.../#post24812309
Webberlily is offline Female
Closed