Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

Default Have you done your part?

is such a wonderful and amazing place to come and spend some time, either reading threads, catching up with the latest rumors and official news. Maybe enter a contest or two, or get some help on a problem you're experiencing in - World.
This is the BEST site, and the only place I come to each day besides Webkinz World with my children. But you know what? It takes a LOT of people a LOT of time and energy to keep WI the amazing place it is. So I'm just wondering...

Have You Done Your Part? Have you taken the time to contribute something to help make WI the great place it is?

I think we should all be chipping in, where we can and within our own abilities, to help this place stay as great as it is... Have you given someone else a reason to smile here? Have you helped someone solve a problem they are having, whether BIG or small?
There are a lot of things that we can all do to help out, to allow the mods and admins and founders to focus on other more time consuming issues.

Try to do ONE thing each day, just one, that may take you a step or two out of your way, to help someone else here in WI. It doesn't take much time, and the reward for being nice, helpful and informative is the biggest reward you can receive. The knowledge that you've made your own contribution to making this place so amazing.

Wondering what you can do? Here are just a few of my favorites (and I know you all have your own, too).

-Welcome someone new in the new members threads. Make it personal, offer a connection, and share a smile.
-Visit the help threads... odds are you'll have some advice to offer someone who's seeking help.
-Do you see a thread with no responses? Go and read it, and offer a comment that relates to what the person was writing about. No one likes to take the effort to create soemthing and have no one reply.
-Visit the General Discussions threads, or the Look what I got sections: You can offer someone the biggest SMILE just by taking the time to offer a sincere reply to something they are passionate or excited about.
-Do you see a member having a difficult time with something? maybe they are posting something they should not, or are putting it in the wrong place? offer some HELPFUL and friendly advice, and point them in the right directions.

There is sooooo much more that we can all do, and should try to do, here each day to make a tiny impact on another members life, and help WI continue to grow and expand into the best site ever.

Thanks for reading, and please feel free to throw in your own suggestions and comments.
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Have you done your part?

Mama girl, you are so right!

Before, I never really paid attention to threads with no responses, for example. After making an unsuccessful thread, I understood more of what having a thread with no responses feels like. Now I try to help as many people and post on as many threads as I can!

Love this thread!
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #3
Kur
Gift Guru

Kur has disabled reputation

Thanks Mama - What a great reminder to us all, that no matter who we are - We can make a difference here.

I love all your suggestions!!

It is funny how quickly we forget that we were once that person with 10 or so posts, not knowing where to post our questions. Put back by the shear size of WI. But we were all there at one point, and now is our time to help out, as most of us got help at one point in time (and still do )
Kur is offline Female
Old 02-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #4
lorkinzfun
Gift Guru

lorkinz has disabled reputation

I love the list many of those areas I miss. You are so right when I was just reading it was nice but now that I am posting I am making new friends like crazy and It has become so much fun to be here that sometimes I forget to play on ww It is like anything else the more you put into it the more you will get out of it
lorkinz is offline Female
Old 02-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #5
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

Oh, thanks for the support, DogLuver... I've been there, too.. having a zero response post, and it's a real eye opener. It's sometimes nice to experience the 'bad' parts, to help us remember to try and make sure it doesn't happen to others. Thanks so much for all the awesome stuff you do, I see you ALL over the forum and you are amazing. Job well done!

I agree with you so much, Kur... it's a BIG place, and was so overwhelming and daunting to me when I first joined. But there were so many helpful people, willing to answer questions, offer advice and help, and point me in the right directions. It really made a difference to me, and I know it does to so many others, too. It's one of the reasons I stayer here in WI and set down some roots (so to say), because the people are wonderful and friendly and always willing to lend a hand where it's needed most. (And of course, I got to know YOU through here, so that's the best bonus). Thank you for all that you do around here, too. You're a wonderful supporter of lending a hand where you can, and you definitely do your part. Thanks.

Hey Lorikinz! so nice to actually 'meet you'... LOL As in, this is the first time we've exchanged words. :-) I've seen you all over the forums and the GE, and I think you've been doing a great job of pitching in and helping WI where ever you go. Nicely done! And you are so correct, you make a ton of friends here once you start posting, especially when your posts are in a positive light. People notice the nice things you do, and I so believe that what goes around comes around. So keep up the great work, and know it's appreciated. Thanks!
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Old 02-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #6
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Mama Girl NH
Oh, thanks for the support, DogLuver... I've been there, too.. having a zero response post, and it's a real eye opener. It's sometimes nice to experience the 'bad' parts, to help us remember to try and make sure it doesn't happen to others. Thanks so much for all the awesome stuff you do, I see you ALL over the forum and you are amazing. Job well done!

I agree with you so much, Kur... it's a BIG place, and was so overwhelming and daunting to me when I first joined. But there were so many helpful people, willing to answer questions, offer advice and help, and point me in the right directions. It really made a difference to me, and I know it does to so many others, too. It's one of the reasons I stayer here in WI and set down some roots (so to say), because the people are wonderful and friendly and always willing to lend a hand where it's needed most. (And of course, I got to know YOU through here, so that's the best bonus). Thank you for all that you do around here, too. You're a wonderful supporter of lending a hand where you can, and you definitely do your part. Thanks.

Hey Lorikinz! so nice to actually 'meet you'... LOL As in, this is the first time we've exchanged words. :-) I've seen you all over the forums and the GE, and I think you've been doing a great job of pitching in and helping WI where ever you go. Nicely done! And you are so correct, you make a ton of friends here once you start posting, especially when your posts are in a positive light. People notice the nice things you do, and I so believe that what goes around comes around. So keep up the great work, and know it's appreciated. Thanks!
Same with you! You're so friendly and welcoming to newly Gifted members- I love reading the funny posts you make.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #7
Gifted

trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!

i always tru to fnd the "odd thread out" and try to post on it. i dont like it when i start a thread and no one post.
trueblue is offline Female
Old 02-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #8
Look world I'm
Gift Guru

marileemed is just really nicemarileemed is just really nice

Hey Mama Girl NH

What a wonderful thread. Reps to you. I try to do the things you have listed on a daily basis. But it is nice to get a reminder of how helpful it can be (I have also had a thread just die...). I have recently had one last over a week and I was ecstatic! I love going to the House section....but like in real life there are other jobs to be done here as well. Like Hello ..... and the Look at my .....

Good message to pass along to everyone......newbies included.
marileemed is offline Female
Old 02-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #9
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Thank you so much for posting this Mama Girl

This is a wonderful thread and I hope it benefits WI and makes it an even better place than it is now
Old 02-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #10
WHONK™!!!
Gift Guru

vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

Great Thread Rep

Just the little things can make such a difference....Especially posting on Threads with Little/No Responses
vince730 is offline Male
Closed