Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 07:17 PM   #41
Don't get knarky wit
Webkinz :)

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: 'Hate' and 'Love' Are Such Strong Words...

Right...'hate' is a word that can be used as bad as like..the worst cuss you could think of, therefore it should be starred out...
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #42
Nick loves me AND my
nick*is*so*cute is a glorious beacon of lightnick*is*so*cute is a glorious beacon of lightnick*is*so*cute is a glorious beacon of light

I totally agree. I LOVE this thread and HATE anyone who thinks otherwise!

BUT I learned my lesson from this WONDERFUL thread, and now:

I totally agree! In my opinion, this is a great thread. But some people might think differently.
nick*is*so*cute is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 07:34 PM   #43
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

Aww thankies Kirsten! xD
Old 02-19-2009, 08:47 PM   #44

bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered
bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered

Over time the english language changes. The meaning of Hate seems to have gone to: annoying, irritating, dislike. THe word love: like, enjoy, have great feelings for.
And yes, i do think people should be more kind the way they put things. thanks!

Last edited by bballmars; 02-19-2009 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: people may get offended
Old 02-19-2009, 08:54 PM   #45
Don't get knarky wit

View Post Originally Posted by bballmars
Well what i find wrong about he first two sentences is that THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WEBKINZ. Ok, now that i have that out of the way i can comment. Over time the english language changes. The meaning of Hate seems to have gone to: annoying, irritating, dislike. THe word love: like, enjoy, have great feelings for.
And yes, i do think people should be more kind the way they put things. thanks!
Umm..sorry about that...
Right..but other people may take it the wrong way.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:41 PM   #46

Sarah_Kinz is a name known to allSarah_Kinz is a name known to allSarah_Kinz is a name known to all

Well the first twilight thing is true.... lolz, j/k but true.
♥SK♥
Sarah_Kinz is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #47
e all love our

fluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant future

I have to agree with you, "hate" and "love" are strong words, and people can be very hurt or offended by them. I want to thank you for reminding WI about these very strong and hurtful words.
I also agree with Dixiecup, they should only be used when they are needed. I think these words are used in many bad ways, and that should be reduced. Thanks for making this great thread, I think it was very useful and informative information. I also want to give you a REP for the great thread!
Fluffypup
fluffypup is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 11:11 PM   #48
I'm a deep sea

S.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with grace

You make an Excellent point!
I cannot stand it when i see these comments. I personally am not a big fan of either of them but I dont go around saying "I HATE THEM" because I know that would hurt A LOT of people's feelings. It is okay for every one to have their own opinion but people should try to be a little nicer about it. When I used to like the Jonas brothers and people would say "They are SOO STUPID!" That would hurt my feelings really bad. I really think you made a very good point and this is a great little reminder for every one to be a little bit nicer to all webkinz insider members about Twilight, the Jonas brothers, or any other group! Thankyou for making this thread because it makes a GREAT point! Continue to make great threads and spread the word!
~S.O.S.Star
S.O.S.Star is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 11:23 PM   #49
photographer

Marley_is_love is a splendid one to beholdMarley_is_love is a splendid one to beholdMarley_is_love is a splendid one to beholdMarley_is_love is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by Lyssa45
Hey there, WI!

I've been going around the Forum, and I've seen some people post things such as,

"I HATE the Jonas Brothers!!!!!!!! They are TERRIBLE singers and they're not even cute!!! How can you like them?! ??????????????????"

Or, "I LOVE TWILIGHT! If you don't LOVE Edward Cullen you're so stupid!!!!!! It's awesome and Edward is so HOT! Idk how anyone can not like him!!!!!"

There's a few things wrong with these 2 examples, right?

The 1st Example:
The excessive use of ???'s and exclamation points! It's okay to use like, one or two, but when you get to 5 6, 7 and more... it's just ridiculous and totally unnecessary! Second, it's really mean if you say "I HATE the Jonas Brothers! They are terrible singers and not even cute!" I know it would hurt my feelings!! (it even hurt my feelings just to type it!!) You can substitute HATE for something like this, "I'm not a big fan of the Jonas Brothers." and you can substitute "They are TERRIBLE singers and they're not even cute!!" for "They're just not my style of music, but it's awesome if you like them!" Now, let's see what my changes have made to this example, shall we?

"I'm not a big fan of the Jonas Brothers; they're just not my style of music, but it's awesome if you like them!" Hmm..which one sounds better? I think this one does.

The 2nd example:
It's very mean to the person who don't like Twilight or Edward because you're calling them "so stupid" because you don't like them and the other person does! Again, there's the excessive use of 's and exclamation points! Use a FEW, not a million!! We all have our opinions, and we can share them freely, but when it comes to this, please, please, PLEASE be nice! Let's change this example now to this:

"I think Twilight is the best! I think Edward Cullen is awesome, but it's completely fine if you think otherwise!"

Isn't that more reasonable?

I just want you all to think before you post, if you're going to hurt someone's feelings or not.

♥Lissy
I agree with the hate and the "if you don't love this your stupid" and such. Love is a strong word but....loving a book character (By the way Edward IS real!) or a movie is ok. Anyone disagree with me?
Marley_is_love is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 11:29 PM   #50
Call me Tasha :)

VioletFaery has a spectacular aura aboutVioletFaery has a spectacular aura about

I agree completely
Hate should only be used when you are referring to something bad, like abuse. Love should only be used when referring to a person or animal, like your mom or dog.
Closed

Tags
code orange