Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 05:38 PM   #21
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 
Default Re: 'Hate' and 'Love' Are Such Strong Words...

i agree! those are strong words and should be used very carefully. those words can really hurt people if you use them in the wrong way. this should be stickied. everyone should see this because it is very important! thanks for making this thread.

-pup5115
pup5115 is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2009, 05:49 PM   #22
Don't get knarky wit
Webkinz :)

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

Yeah, I mean we are all different. One thing that someone says might mean nothing to one person, but to another it might REALLY hurt them! This is a computer, we have no idea who's on the other side of the keyboard, so we should all be extra considerate!

Aww thanks!

---------- Lyssa45 added 8 Minutes and 3 Seconds later ----------

I was just on this poll, it was 'Florida or New York?' And I had posted my opinion a few weeks ago, and then I see others who have really really rude ones like I HATE Florida!! or I HATE New York!
So then like right after I posted my opinion I made this huge rant...here it is if you want to read it!

"I think it's totally fine, if you like Florida more than New York (everybody has their own taste, after all), but if you're going to state your opinion rudely, don't say it at all. Seriously people, you may be hurting people's feelings. Maybe if you went to a bad part of New York, maybe like the city (I don't intend to offend people who live in NYC, I love it), but there are some beautiful parts, and special landmarks....if that would be the right word.
New York has the Statue of Liberty! It was the sign of people coming to...a new land, welcoming people to America!There's also so much more, such as the Empire State Building, and it would be foolish not to acknowledge any of it. Anyway, there are ups and downs to New York, as well as Florida. (wow that might be a real shocker to some of those proud Florida lovers that said rude comments about NY but guess what? I've been to Florida, it has terrible and beautiful parts.)

I'd hate to say this, but Florida has brutal weather in the summer. I'm sorry, but I can't take the heat. I'm surprised people actually can. The weather hardly changed there, either. Wouldn't you want a place that has normal weather changing's, colder in the Winter, hotter in the Summer? that's where NY comes in. It's not too hot, nor too cold. Just right.
The traffic in the city isn't....pleasent, and some parts aren't, I'd have to agree with you. (See even I'm putting down my state) But it's got some beautiful places, as does Florida.

In conclusion (haha I sound like I'm closing a deal), if you're going to put down a state, put it down nicely. Instead of saying "I hate New York soo much it's smelly and gross, who would want to live there?" say something more like this: "I think that Florida is a better state, but I also like New York." you don't have to, but it would cause less hurt feelings if you did. Thanks for your time. (I think I wrote a lot.....) Also remember, just because you say 'no offense' people may still be offended, and it doesn't cut.

♥Lissy"

It related to this thread, so like a lightbulb flickered in my head *flicker flicker* to post it here! xD

Last edited by Lyssa45; 02-19-2009 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #23
I want to be GT not
Banned
sali101 has a spectacular aura about

AGREE!!!!! Hate and Love are such BIG words so you cant just toss them around like that!!! And also I learned last yeat that when you say Hate God thinks of it as you k.illing somebody.
sali101 is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 06:27 PM   #24
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by sali101
AGREE!!!!! Hate and Love are such BIG words so you cant just toss them around like that!!! And also I learned last yeat that when you say Hate God thinks of it as you k.illing somebody.
Right!
Oh really!? NEVER SAY HATE AGAIN PEOPLE!! xD
Old 02-19-2009, 06:32 PM   #25
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Lyssa45
Hey there, WI!

I've been going around the Forum, and I've seen some people post things such as,

"I HATE the Jonas Brothers!!!!!!!! They are TERRIBLE singers and they're not even cute!!! How can you like them?! ??????????????????"

Or, "I LOVE TWILIGHT! If you don't LOVE Edward Cullen you're so stupid!!!!!! It's awesome and Edward is so HOT! Idk how anyone can not like him!!!!!"

There's a few things wrong with these 2 examples, right?

The 1st Example:
The excessive use of ???'s and exclamation points! It's okay to use like, one or two, but when you get to 5 6, 7 and more... it's just ridiculous and totally unnecessary! Second, it's really mean if you say "I HATE the Jonas Brothers! They are terrible singers and not even cute!" I know it would hurt my feelings!! (it even hurt my feelings just to type it!!) You can substitute HATE for something like this, "I'm not a big fan of the Jonas Brothers." and you can substitute "They are TERRIBLE singers and they're not even cute!!" for "They're just not my style of music, but it's awesome if you like them!" Now, let's see what my changes have made to this example, shall we?

"I'm not a big fan of the Jonas Brothers; they're just not my style of music, but it's awesome if you like them!" Hmm..which one sounds better? I think this one does.

The 2nd example:
It's very mean to the person who don't like Twilight or Edward because you're calling them "so stupid" because you don't like them and the other person does! Again, there's the excessive use of 's and exclamation points! Use a FEW, not a million!! We all have our opinions, and we can share them freely, but when it comes to this, please, please, PLEASE be nice! Let's change this example now to this:

"I think Twilight is the best! I think Edward Cullen is awesome, but it's completely fine if you think otherwise!"

Isn't that more reasonable?

I just want you all to think before you post, if you're going to hurt someone's feelings or not.

♥Lissy
Rep! I agree!

For the Jonas brothers ones they could put: "I don't like the Jonas Brothers but i may give them a chance" (even if you don't! It's better then saying you hate them!)

For the Twilight one people can also use as a substitute:"Thats OK maybe you'll give it a chance one day"

---------- lizzyxwebkinz added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by webfrog1005
I know everyone always says hate is such a strong word but love is too and people throw that around like nothing.
I agree! People should think before they type!

---------- lizzyxwebkinz added 3 Minutes and 37 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
I think that those words are ALL too often 'bandied' about. I think that you should use 'Hate' only when there is a need for it.
Hating is so very hurtful and it brings about such STRONG feelings when you use it.
It is an offensive word by any other name, because it evokes such a strong emotion. It leaves the person it is being used on feeling powerless and vulnerable and it gives nothing to the person who uses it, save acrimony.
If someone says they HATE something...it should be used when it is a deplorable circumstance. I HATE animal abuse. I hate Child Abuse, I hate Domestic Violence...I can see the words being used then. BUT when it comes to a trend, band, book or any other triviality...it should not be used.
I don't care for ____.' Is MORE than sufficient to let people know where you stand with the subject. To amplify your dislike only makes you look unyielding or close-minded.
I think that should be one of the words in our lexicon that gets **** out.
Simply if a person writes I HATE ____ it should look like this I **** ____. Then it sends a message that it is a hurtful word, not to be used here...BUT that is My own opinion.
Your right! the word hate should only be used for things like "I hate tornados" or "I hate hurricanes" and things like that. Or like you said "I hate child abuse". the word Hate should only be used for bad things!

Last edited by lizzyxwebkinz; 02-19-2009 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #26
montanarose9

Yes! I totally agree! We you can use words like dislike, detest, abhor or my favorite, loathe! We only use hate when we need hate.

You can say things like "I hate animal and child abuse" though. It's mean to me but that's my opinion. A lot of people think it's just plain cruel, but nothing like "EWW! I HATE Edward Cullen! He is the worst!"

Last edited by montanarose9; 02-19-2009 at 06:37 PM..
Old 02-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #27
Don't get knarky wit

Exactly, very well put, montanarose!
Old 02-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #28
Just another

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

I think that saying you love Twilight is fine, obviously calling someone stupid is not. But those are two totally different things. I think it is rude to say you hate something and think you are right and that is it.
dandogkinie is offline Male
Old 02-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #29
owzers, I sure am
Gifted

soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!

I could not agree more! I HATE (lol JK! But it bothers me) when people use excessive s and ???s. Rep!!
soccerox7 is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 06:53 PM   #30
Don't get knarky wit

View Post Originally Posted by dandogkinie
I think that saying you love Twilight is fine, obviously calling someone stupid is not. But those are two totally different things. I think it is rude to say you hate something and think you are right and that is it.
Yeah, like I can say I love Twilight! And it probably won't affect many people. But when I say I HATE ___, it can affect a lot more..or if I were to say I LOVE Twilight, you must be crazy to not like it!, is also not right.

---------- Lyssa45 added 2 Minutes and 7 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by soccerox7
I could not agree more! I HATE (lol JK! But it bothers me) when people use excessive s and ???s. Rep!!
Right!! It's immature, as well!

Plus, if someone were to say 'No offense, but I hate the Jonas Brothers!' is mean...saying ' no offense' doesn't change anything, if anything it makes it a ton worse!

Last edited by Lyssa45; 02-19-2009 at 06:53 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed

Tags
code orange