Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 01:42 PM   #11
Don't get knarky wit
Webkinz :)

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: 'Hate' and 'Love' Are Such Strong Words...

Yeah! But I'm not surprised at all, Dixiecup always has the best responses for everything! xD
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #12
WhiteTerrierFan

I definitely agree. A lot of people throw love and hate around like nothing. Often times we also forget that love is just as strong as hate. Saying you hate something can make others feel really bad. It's important to try to be nice and respect their feelings. Love is also a very strong word that should not be thrown around like nothing. For example, it's probably best not to say, "I LOVE Harry Potter, and I HATE Twilight!!!!!" The better thing would be to say, "I don't like Twilight very much. I prefer Harry Potter."
Dixiecup gave a wonderful post about this. I definitely agree with her and the thread owner. Rep to you both!
Old 02-19-2009, 02:06 PM   #13

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

I agree that people use love and hate a lot...but I don't believe they shouldn't use words like love. Because if they really like something (twilight, jobros, webkinz etc) they should be able to express it however they feel.
But I do think hate is too strong a word, because sometimes people go too far with how much they HATE something and express it in a rude way.
But I still think love is a good word to use.
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #14
emmy111297
Lil Kinz

emmy111297 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! This is a test...haha this is Lyssa45 on my friend's account..don't bother this.
emmy111297 is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #15
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
I think that those words are ALL too often 'bandied' about. I think that you should use 'Hate' only when there is a need for it.
Hating is so very hurtful and it brings about such STRONG feelings when you use it.
It is an offensive word by any other name, because it evokes such a strong emotion. It leaves the person it is being used on feeling powerless and vulnerable and it gives nothing to the person who uses it, save acrimony.
If someone says they HATE something...it should be used when it is a deplorable circumstance. I HATE animal abuse. I hate Child Abuse, I hate Domestic Violence...I can see the words being used then. BUT when it comes to a trend, band, book or any other triviality...it should not be used.
I don't care for ____.' Is MORE than sufficient to let people know where you stand with the subject. To amplify your dislike only makes you look unyielding or close-minded.
I think that should be one of the words in our lexicon that gets **** out.
Simply if a person writes I HATE ____ it should look like this I **** ____. Then it sends a message that it is a hurtful word, not to be used here...BUT that is My own opinion.

as always..dixiecup has taken the words right out of my mouth and made them even better

i think this is a great point to bring up. i only tell people i love their ideas when i think they have something great..and i try never to say i hate something..i don't want to hurt other members

rep
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 02-19-2009, 04:57 PM   #16
bigduck
Gifted

bigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonder

I only agree like 49% sorry

I always say I hate the Jonhas brothers because I do if people like them then they shouldn't care what I think.
bigduck is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 05:03 PM   #17
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru

Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

Im about even with Hannah ^^^^

Although I do think that these words can be easily over used, I don't think its such a big problem.
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Old 02-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #18
bigduck
Gifted

bigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Googlesboogles
Im about even with Hannah ^^^^

Although I do think that these words can be easily over used, I don't think its such a big problem.
Ha ha yea they can be used to much with CAP LETTERS saying for example:

I HATE THE JONAS BROTHERS

ya know?
bigduck is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #19
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru

Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

Also, people have their own views on things. One could dislike the Jonas brothers, but someone who likes them may think that the Steelers are bad, when the jonas brothers hater likes them.

---------- Googlesboogles added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by bigduck
Ha ha yea they can be used to much with CAP LETTERS saying for example:

I HATE THE JONAS BROTHERS

ya know?
Yes, I dislike size four in caps. LOL

Last edited by Googlesboogles; 02-19-2009 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Old 02-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #20
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan
I definitely agree. A lot of people throw love and hate around like nothing. Often times we also forget that love is just as strong as hate. Saying you hate something can make others feel really bad. It's important to try to be nice and respect their feelings. Love is also a very strong word that should not be thrown around like nothing. For example, it's probably best not to say, "I LOVE Harry Potter, and I HATE Twilight!!!!!" The better thing would be to say, "I don't like Twilight very much. I prefer Harry Potter."
Dixiecup gave a wonderful post about this. I definitely agree with her and the thread owner. Rep to you both!
My point exactly. And like, even if you don't like something AT ALL, you can tell a little white lie. Instead of "EWWWW Twilight is terrible I will never read it!!!" say, "Maybe one day I'll read Twilight and change my mind about it,but for now, I'm not a huge fan." Thanks.

---------- Lyssa45 added 1 Minutes and 59 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by bigduck
I only agree like 49% sorry

I always say I hate the Jonhas brothers because I do if people like them then they shouldn't care what I think.
I understand your point, but it would be nicer to say "I dislike the Jonas Brothers, and I enjoy ___ better." Because saying 'hate' will probably make the other person who does like them feel a lot worse than you had intended.

Last edited by Lyssa45; 02-19-2009 at 05:31 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
code orange