Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2008, 06:49 PM   #1
sugarcandy135241 is just really nicesugarcandy135241 is just really nice

Default Guide to how to become a good WI member!

I am posting this thread for a very important reason. As I look around WI, I see so many mean, hurtful posts! This issue was addressed months ago, but since it is continuing, I am getting worried. I am sure that nobody wants Webkinz Insider that we have all known so long to turn into a mean community! That would be terrible! Here are some rules and things that will help you become a better member, and to prevent horrible mean things from happening.

1. Nicely posting

If you are posting on a thread, and you do not see something you like, please do not post bad things, as this will really hurt people's feelings. If someone has an idea that you don't like or is speaking bad about something that you like, you should not post things like, "Well I totally disagree! You are so stupid for thinking that!" This is that person's opinion only and they do not deserve nor need an insult from any people saying that their opinion is useless. This is wrong, and please do NOT do it!

2. Trading

I have noticed that in the Gift Exchange thread, many mean things are being said by people to people when they do not get what they want. Please, if you do not get something that you want on your first try with someone, please do not be rude or mean and DO NOT call them any names or anything mean like that. Nicely accept their idea. No matter how much it kills you inside, please be kind to every trader, as once again, their opinions and decisions are their own. Please respect this.

3. Avvy & Siggy Shops

I think this is where I have seen the most mean posting and horassing. Many people in the avvy and siggy business break their backs making very nice siggys and avvys for people....taking their time sometimes hours on one avvy or siggy! I, myself, am an avvy and siggy maker and have been horassed a lot when people do not get what they want. I have been sent nasty PM's saying that I was useless, that my work was crumby, and that really broke down my self-confidence to a total minimum. I really hated it when people called me slow and all, but honestly, if you are really successful, then people will start to get jealous, and some people here on WI are. If name calling problems arise, please handle them with care. Do not automatically shoot back, "You're a mean stupid head!" Because we all know that stupid is an awful word that shouldn't be used here amongst children. Remember~ you are here to have FUN, not insult people! That will cause people to quit and we will have a more and more lessened community that wold be awful for everyone here!

4. Clubs

Even though this has not yet happened, there are some clubs that should never be started. If you are going to make clubs such as hate clubs, ganging clubs, or any other excluding club here on WI, please do not make the thread. It really hurts when people exclude others, and I pretty much know that no one likes to be excluded from a group, and people should pay a lot of attention to this.

5. New members

When new members come here on WI and introduce themselves in the, "Hi! I'm Joe, and I love My Webkinz!" section on WI, believe it or not, I have seen mean posts telling them things like, "I don't like your username," or, " I think that your avatar and signature is ugly," and things like that that already have brought down new member's reputations. Please post very welcoming posts to them, so that they will stay here on WI for a very long while!

6. Reputation

Some people, when giving reputation to some people when they are mad, often give people rep that says things like, "You are the worst WI member!" or, "You are so annoying," because this is wrong anf hurts people's feelings. This will make people awfully unmotivated, and possibly QUIT WI! AHH! Do you want this to happen? Hopefully NOT!

7. Spamming

When youu are posting on a thread, please post something informational, questioning, or helpful. Many threads that I have looked at have nothing to do with the topic! Some people are just posting things like, "Hi! What's up?" and this is very okay! But I am just saying that if you do not want casual conversation on your thread, please post it at the beginning or somewhere on your thread so that people can see it so that they will not post unusual things that you do not want to see on your thread. Note: This may be the supporting base of over 100 pages on a thread!

8. Guides & Help! Posting

Guides~ Another concern that I have is the Help! threads. Many people may post answers or things like,"I don't care! Nobody does! Why would you post this thread anyway?" Always post something that indicates that you appreciate their help greatfully, and that you are very appreciative of the time that they took out of their schedule to type this up for all of us. Please keep in mind that it takes a very long time to make a really amazing thread, and they have made this thread for all of us.

Help! Posting~ When people make Help! Threads, or ask you for help by PMing or such, if you have no answer, please do not say anything mean like, "You joined last year? You should know this stuff already!" if you looked at the time that they joined. Always answer their question with a kind remark. If you do not know the answer that they have asked you, please say something like this, "I am very sorry, but I am afraid that I do not know the answer to your question. I am very sorry, but I just don't know. To get your hopes up, though, I have someone that you may ask! Please ask (fill in name username here) and I think that they will help! If they do not know the answer to your question, please ask a moderator or an administrator (enter name here). I hope this helps!" and this will really help build their confidence. This will make them seem like you are a great person, and really nice! Who knows? They may come for help next time!

9. Keep Your Friends!

If you have any friends, please keep them! Do not say anything mean to them, or post on threads made by them mean things such as anything mean that I have mentioned above. If you happen to get in fights with your friend, please apoloize immediatly! Your friend would like to hear that from you, but don't automatically go off saying, "So do you want to be friends again?" NEVER say that unless they say their apologies first. They obviously did something wrong if you were both mad at each other. But ALWAYS apologize to your friends! It will make things so much better =]

10. Personal Information

Do NOT give out any personal information to ANYONE here on the site no matter how much you trust them. NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR PASSWORD TO ANYONE! If you do, there is a possibility that someone else could get into your account. No matter how much you trust the person, please do not give out any personal information. We really wouldn't like hacking going on here AT ALL! Thanks.

I made this thread so that WI will be a better community much more friends and kind people posting. Please, I really believe that this will stop everyone's bad posting altogether. Please try to follow the rules and things specified so that WI will be a better community for everyone. Thank you so much, all, and thank you for reading this!

Please post your opinions on what I have told you, and Thank you all once again for reading this!

Last edited by sugarcandy135241; 05-24-2008 at 08:29 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2008, 06:55 PM   #2
Gift Guru

dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!

Default Re: Guide to how to become a good WI member!

that is very good! thanks!!
dreamb97 is offline Female
Old 05-24-2008, 06:57 PM   #3

dreamb97~ Thank you so much! Did you know that this took me over an hour to make?!?! Isn't it surprising? Lol! Thank you so much for posting and saying that it is good! I really appreciate it!
Old 05-24-2008, 07:33 PM   #4

Would anyone else like to post? This took me a very long time to make! Please?!
Old 05-24-2008, 07:38 PM   #5
Webkinz :)

hiya21 is an unknown quantity at this point

wow that was i good guide that must have taken you forever
hiya21 is offline Female
Old 05-24-2008, 07:39 PM   #6

hiya~ It DID take me forever! It must have taken me an hour or over an hour at least! Hehe Thank you for the complimentL
Old 05-24-2008, 07:46 PM   #7
weatherkari~~karik95
Gifted

karik is on a distinguished road

That's a good guide. That is really rude though about the welcoming member thing!
karik is offline Female
Old 05-24-2008, 07:47 PM   #8
Just another
Webkinz :)

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

Thumbs up Re: Guide to how to become a good WI member!

View Post Originally Posted by sugarcandy135241
dreamb97~ Thank you so much! Did you know that this took me over an hour to make?!?! Isn't it surprising? Lol! Thank you so much for posting and saying that it is good! I really appreciate it!
It wasn't supprising at all!!! It looks really awsome! Give yourself a pat on the back! I love this guide and will add it to my favories that way next time I see a mean post I will tell them to wisit this thread. Nicely done. *clap clap clap clap*
dandogkinie is offline Male
Old 05-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #9
Gifted

bratzsasha will become famous soon enough

Hi I am a new member and though no one has been mean to me at all,I think your advice is wonderful!!!!! You did a superb job!!!
Old 05-24-2008, 07:54 PM   #10

Thank you so much all! And good luck, bratzsasha! I hope to see you around the forums Have FUN!
Closed