Rare times in local KT. Place your mouse over times and items for time conversions and info.
Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Guide for becoming Gifted and Gift Guru - By Emily7921
Please note that this is not the official fair gift exchange policies, so there is no need to post an agreement on this thread.
This guide will help all members. This is a complete, full guide on going to the Gift Exchange and how to set your gift exchange thread up. You will learn the process of doing a trade, and how to do it. Also, I am open to any suggestions/comments you might have... if I forget something, please tell me so, and I will modify if need be.
If you are here to see only how to become Gifted, please go to step number 1. If you are here to see only how to become a Gift Guru, please go to step number 13.
1. You must do 50 good, informative posts* to become Gifted. You must also be a member of Webkinz Insider for two weeks.
*Please also know that posts in the 'Help, I need a Pet Name' forum do not count towards your total number of post count. * *'Bump' posts are not allowed (until you are in the Gift Exchange)*
3. Read the rules and make sure you understand the rules. The Rules are important, please do not skim through them and agree. It is important that you fully understand and know the rules. Once you have read, understood, and agreed with the rules, post on that forum saying 'I have read, understood, and agreed with the rules' or something along those lines. Please only reply once to the Fair Gift Exchange Policies - if you reply more than once, all your posts will be ignored.
4. Once you have done that step, the WI staff will check your posts. Be patient and wait a few days and soon the Gift Exchange will be unlocked and you will have access to it. If after 3 days within the time you posted agreement you do not have access to the Gift Exchange, PM an admin. Once you are gifted, the Gift Exchange should be located under General Discussion/Chat when it is unlocked. There should be letters there like this: #'s - B, C, D - E, F - G, H - K, L, M, N - R, S, T - U, V - Z. Click on the category of letters that has the first letter of your Webkinz Insider username. For example, if your WI username is webkinzforever, click 'V - Z'. If your WI username is 89webkinz, click '#s - B'.
5. Click on 'New Topic' at the top right of the lettered forum in which your thread is supposed to go. Make a title for your thread. It is required that you have your username first and the date and time you last modified your thread in your title. In the big textbox:
5A. Make a list of the items you are willing to trade. If you do this, it is suggested that you put your items into categories. Here are the categories: PSI (Pet Specific Items), Exclusives, CSO (Curio Shop Only), Trophies, Retired Items, Trading Card Items, Game Room Theme Items, Midievil Items, Egyptian Items, etc.
5B. You can also post a picture of a room that has all your items. Remember though, that you can't put any accessories (Crown of Wonder, Wheel of WOW Shirts) , wallpapers, and floorings down in the room, so you might want to type a list of those items.
6. Once you are done with your 'Have List', you can make a 'Want List' if you would like. This is not required.
7. Soon people will start posting on your thread if you have any items that interest them. They might offer you an item for your item, but if they just say what they are interested in, you must find their thread and see what they have. To find what items they have, either go to the search box and type their username and find their thread (their thread has their username in it) or sometimes they have a link for you in their signature. Once you find their thread and have seen their items, post back. If you do not like anything from their thread, post back on your thread politely declining the offer. If you see something that you like, post back on your thread listing item(s) of similar/fair value that you would like to have for the item that they want. Then they will post back saying either Yes or No. You may not PM them discussing the trade unless you are a Gift Guru (see step 12)
You may also browse through our Gift Exchange looking at other people's threads, and posting on their threads, if you are interested in their item(s).
*Any member who makes a specific offer for an item when there is an existing line for that item will have their post deleted. They will also lose their spot in line for the item.
8. Once you have worked out a trade, ask for their Webkinz World ID. Their ID might appear under their WI username, but if not post back asking for it. Once you have got their Webkinz World ID, open your KinzChat phone on Webkinz, click add, and type in their username. Click OK. Remember to log out and back on after they accept so that they will appear on your Friends List.
9. Once you are on each other's friend's lists, send the item that you agreed on sending. *Whoever has done lesser trades is REQUIRED to send first.
10. When the trade is completed, leave feedback for the person you traded with. To do this, click on their username on one of their posts and click 'View Public Profile' You will be directed to their public profile. Then click 'Submit Feedback for _________(your trader's username should appear there)' In the first box, select 'Trader'. In the second box, select Positive if you had a good trade, Neutral if the trade was OK, and Negative if the trade was bad. In the next box, write a short comment. (For example, 'Great Trader!') This comment is public. In the next box, you can put a link of the thread you traded on. This is not required. In the textbox, write somethinb about the trade. For example, you could write,"I traded my Ice Cream Tree for the YangYin Blossom. Thank you!" or you can just say, "Thank you so much!" Then click Submit. Make sure the person you traded with also left feedback for you.
11. Now you have completed a trade. You will continue to make more trades using the same process!
12. Every time you complete a trade, you need to modify your gift exchange. To do this, hit the modify button on your first post. Then, take off the item that you traded, and add the item that you received (if you want to trade it). To modify the title of the thread, do the same process, except hit Go Advanced after you click Modify.
13. How to Become Gift Guru >> Once you have obtained 50 Trade Feedback Points, 100 Posts (outside of the Gift Exchange), and have one month of membership in the Gift Exchange forum (measured by 30 days from the date of the first trade feedback), please go to this link and read the rules and post that you agree to them - Only Gifted (and up) can view this link: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/gift-guru-qualification-t123416.html
-Patience my friends, and soon, you will see 'Gift Guru' under your username. When you are a Gift Guru, you are able to trade through PM and you will unlock a Gift Guru Discussion Board. The Gift Guru Discussion Board can be found in the Gift Exchange categories.
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.