Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #21
webkinz_forever

Default Re: GREAT NEW IDEAS ! An Instant Messaging Window, a Status Update Option ♥ plz read (:

There actually is a vB mod for both of these ideas, but I don't think this will be added.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #22
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: GREAT NEW IDEAS ! An Instant Messaging Window, a Status Update Option ♥ plz read (:

View Post Originally Posted by Zaixionito
Look, as usual, it's easy to say "Oh, yes, and make it so WI has X! REPPPP!!!"

It. Will. Not. Happen.

Who wants to code this?
Who wants to pay for this?

Of course you can blame me all you want. But just wanting something won't make it true.
^^I agree with the above post.

This will 99.99999% not happen, mainly because WI is not a chat window... thingamajig. It's a place for people to go in the FORUM and talk about Webkinz, among other things. You can always just use the DCT, that's like one big chat room in a way.
If this feature was added, it'd be 10 times more work for the mods and admins, making rules for it and making it so it's safe (which would mean a mod/admin in every chat room, or making all the chats public; your choice) for everyone.
Plus, that would promote the use of "txt tlk", which can be considered spam on WI. There's already too much of it on here, and with the addition of a chat room/window, some people would forget when and when not to use text talk.

Status update, I'm not AS against. It's not a bad idea, but it would turn into Twitter-type stuff, every 5 seconds people updating their statuses with "I'm bored", "I'm sitting on the porch", "I'm bored..."
Plus, we can use the DCT (there's that again... hmm. ) to tell people how we're feeling. We can go on there and say "I'm bored", and sometimes people will respond saying "hey, me too".

So, long story short... not a horrible idea, but not really a good idea, either.
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 01-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #23
fashionista♥
Webkinz :)

stripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledge

The first idea seems kinda like "View Converstaion". And it would have to be made sure moderators could see these windows.
I love the second idea! That would be so fun!
Old 02-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #24
Webkinz :)

AdamLambertROX has a reputation beyond reputeAdamLambertROX has a reputation beyond reputeAdamLambertROX has a reputation beyond reputeAdamLambertROX has a reputation beyond reputeAdamLambertROX has a reputation beyond reputeAdamLambertROX has a reputation beyond repute

Great ideas! A instant messaging window would be really helpful. I hate it when I'm in the middle of reading a thread and I have to go check my profile. A status update option would be fun on WI. I love your ideas! I wish we had them here on WI!
AdamLambertROX is offline Female
Old 02-03-2010, 04:31 PM   #25
Gift Guru

pinky719 is sweet stuff
pinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuff

omg that would be sooo cool!! oh i hope they add that!!

and facebook is not a good idea because it gives away your identity which is not allowed!!

Last edited by pinky719; 02-03-2010 at 04:31 PM..
pinky719 is offline Female
Old 02-03-2010, 04:52 PM   #26
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

we do have a view conversation thing where you can easily chat. the status thing "on ww, eating dinner, sleeping, ect" probably won't be added. it has been suggested many times before
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 02-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #27
Banned
MissPuppy is a WI addict!
MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by b1uski3sxox

This will 99.99999% not happen, mainly because WI is not a chat window... thingamajig. It's a place for people to go in the FORUM and talk about Webkinz, among other things. You can always just use the DCT, that's like one big chat room in a way.
If this feature was added, it'd be 10 times more work for the mods and admins, making rules for it and making it so it's safe (which would mean a mod/admin in every chat room, or making all the chats public; your choice) for everyone.
Plus, that would promote the use of "txt tlk", which can be considered spam on WI. There's already too much of it on here, and with the addition of a chat room/window, some people would forget when and when not to use text talk.

Status update, I'm not AS against. It's not a bad idea, but it would turn into Twitter-type stuff, every 5 seconds people updating their statuses with "I'm bored", "I'm sitting on the porch", "I'm bored..."
Plus, we can use the DCT (there's that again... hmm. ) to tell people how we're feeling. We can go on there and say "I'm bored", and sometimes people will respond saying "hey, me too".

So, long story short... not a horrible idea, but not really a good idea, either.
Closed