Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 10:46 PM   #41
Gift Guru

karenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contest
karenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contest

Default Re: Graphics and Giving Proper Credit

View Post Originally Posted by tarsky781
The thing people seem to be missing here is empathy- put yourself in another person's shoes.
You've just taken this really awesome picture of your cat, and you want to share it with everyone. You post it on the internet- on facebook or twitter or ****** or blogger, wherever.
Someone comes along, wants a picture of a cat for this random website you don't even know or care about.
They click on your picture, and save it without a second glance, then go to edit it and add text and even go to the extreme of adding their own name.
Yay, your art's been stolen!

By the way Miss g, Hufflepuff's the way to go. Not Ravenclaw.
Thats why they say... If you put pictures up on the Internet that you dont want people to see or take you shouldn't have put them up in the 1st place.
karenpd is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2011, 11:01 PM   #42
POLITOOOOOED!
Webkinz :)

snow180 is cool as a bunny clownsnow180 is cool as a bunny clownsnow180 is cool as a bunny clownsnow180 is cool as a bunny clownsnow180 is cool as a bunny clownsnow180 is cool as a bunny clownsnow180 is cool as a bunny clownsnow180 is cool as a bunny clown

This also apply's to other peoples work.
You can't say i made my avie if quack quack made it (which she did make my avie)
snow180 is offline Female
Old 02-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #43
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

View Post Originally Posted by karenkjm810
Thats why they say... If you put pictures up on the Internet that you dont want people to see or take you shouldn't have put them up in the 1st place.
Then maybe WI should take down its banner and Webkinz should get rid of all their virtual pets. Also, I've personally never heard anyone say that.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 02-25-2011, 11:13 PM   #44
Gift Guru

karenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contest
karenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by tarsky781
Then maybe WI should take down its banner and Webkinz should get rid of all their virtual pets. Also, I've personally never heard anyone say that.
Now you have
I'm so glad I could pass on a message
Old 03-02-2011, 12:24 AM   #45
gangnam style

I meant that as in what, exactly, are you implying? That nothing is safe on the internet? If so, that's already a widely-known fact, but not the topic of this particular thread.
Why should I take it off the internet, where I can show it to my friends and other people I know why might live halfway across the world, just because someone is not sensible enough to check for copyright info?
And, referring to your earlier post with the quote in it, who is "they?"
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 03-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #46
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by karenkjm810
I think that the internet should be thought of like a library, or in some cases a bookstore. The info is there to be shared with others, but just like a library or store, we can't steal the info or use it without permission. Will some people abuse the system? Of course, and it's always good to keep in mind that anything we put online could be taken by others. It's still wrong though.
Desty is offline Female
Old 03-08-2011, 10:29 PM   #47
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I think that the internet should be thought of like a library, or in some cases a bookstore. The info is there to be shared with others, but just like a library or store, we can't steal the info or use it without permission. Will some people abuse the system? Of course, and it's always good to keep in mind that anything we put online could be taken by others. It's still wrong though.
Hi, oh I agree. Some people do abuse the system. So sad!

Last edited by karenpd; 03-09-2011 at 12:11 AM..
Old 03-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #48
SophieRecords!

SophieKinz can ride a flying orange
SophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orange

View Post Originally Posted by fluffy113
I find some of my avatars (for my own personal use) from Iconator. I don't claim their work as my own, I just use their avatars because people post them for other people to use but not to claim as their own. So what Desty is pointing out is you can't take an avatar from Iconator and put it under your examples for avatars and say that you made it when originally someone from Iconator made it. You would have to credit them since you didn't make it.

Thanks for bringing this up Desty!
Just to let you know, Iconator is a site that downloads viruses on your computer.

Yes, Desty you are right. It's very rude to claim something as your own, and illegal. Some people are starting to forget what illegal means.
SophieKinz is offline Female
Old 03-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #49
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by blackylove123
I have s graphic's shop and I dont know if I understood, do you mean we should post like,

Dogs

EXAMPLE HERE
Thankz to the website dogsRus.com (I made that up )

or do you mean we should ALWAYS give the website to people who ask?
--------------
(if i did understand....)

Well, I dont think we should ALL give credit to the websites unless we want to... because if everyone knows, there would be no more graphic shops (except when they are home made) because everyone could just go and get their self a graphic. But I do think it is pretty nice when they do give credit, but I dont think we should all do it...
I thought the point of having a graphics shop was to make the graphic, not take the graphic and redistribute it. . .

Last edited by pup5115; 03-12-2011 at 05:49 PM..
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 03-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #50
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by pup5115
I thought to point of having a graphics shop was to make the graphic, not take the graphic and redistribute it. . .
Oh, thank you! You just stated it so clearly. If a shop owner is just redistributing something, they need to state that, and point people to the original website.
Desty is offline Female
Closed

Tags
alley&kate&ali, you are beautiful(: