Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Priceless has disabled reputation

Default Graphic Shop of the Week? :)

Do you think it would be possible if we could have a graphic shop of the week? Maybe one that needs that little boost; one that may have not been posted on for awhile or one that deserves to have a bit of importance.

It would become a Sticky on Sunday, and stay up there until 10:00 PM on Saturday, in THIS section.

So do you think this is a good idea?

Also, remember that everyone gets a chance at one point, so hopefully no one should be jealous.
Priceless is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #2

kitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 
Default Re: Graphic Shop of the Week? :)

View Post Originally Posted by Priceless
Do you think it would be possible if we could have a graphic shop of the week? Maybe one that needs that little boost; one that may have not been posted on for awhile or one that deserves to have a bit of importance.

It would become a Sticky on Sunday, and stay up there until 10:00 PM on Saturday, in THIS section.

So do you think this is a good idea?

Also, remember that everyone gets a chance at one point, so hopefully no one should be jealous.
Interesting idea! Being a graphic designer I support this
kitkat20 is offline Male
Old 07-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
noomch

mentos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledge

hmm... i'm not sure if i like this idea. i think a graphic shop's reputation should go on from one to another based on the owner's talent and dedication. i think deciding which graphics shop to order from should be based on the shop's reputation and on some examples on the shop's front page.

you can advertise your shop if you make yourself a super cool avatar and signature, credit yourself in your signature and link to your shop. then if you're active around the forums, and not only around graphics contests and graphics threads , many people who need shops will see it. i'm not sure if this kind of advertising you suggested is a good idea, because it won't necessarily advertise the best shops...
mentos is offline Female
Old 07-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #4

Priceless has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by mentos
hmm... i'm not sure if i like this idea. i think a graphic shop's reputation should go on from one to another based on the owner's talent and dedication. i think deciding which graphics shop to order from should be based on the shop's reputation and on some examples on the shop's front page.

you can advertise your shop if you make yourself a super cool avatar and signature, credit yourself in your signature and link to your shop. then if you're active around the forums, and not only around graphics contests and graphics threads , many people who need shops will see it. i'm not sure if this kind of advertising you suggested is a good idea, because it won't necessarily advertise the best shops...
Well isn't every shop a best shop? Yes, some may not be as skilled as others, but everyone deserves a chance to shine. That's what WI is all about. To express yourself and show your talent.
Priceless is offline Male
Old 07-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #5
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

Priceless, you always have such amazing ideas. LOL. But this does sounds nice, because a lot of people would get a chance to make graphics when no one orders from their shop. I support- but I don't know if the staff would really like this because it's 'not fair'. But I actually think it is pretty fair- and a really great idea.
Emma8432 is offline Female
Old 07-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #6

tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.
tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.

I'm sorry, but I'm not a fan of this idea. I think some people may feel insulted if their shop isn't picked and it may not be a good idea if a shop that isn't doing well is the one of the week. Then the big shops that are doing well and also deserve to be the shop of the week might feel bad that a smaller shop was picked.
tarabella9 is offline Female
Old 07-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #7
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Hmm... I don't think that'd work out well. Even though a shop would be stickied, it doesn't mean people will order.

Also, one shop per week, people might just get restless of waiting. There are so many shops... WI might be closed by the time every shop gets a chance.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #8
katt †

cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

I don't really like this idea. Some feelings can be hurt, and it might cause drama. Sorry.
cloverpuppy10 is offline Female
Old 07-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #9
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Priceless
Well isn't every shop a best shop? Yes, some may not be as skilled as others, but everyone deserves a chance to shine. That's what WI is all about. To express yourself and show your talent.
That's so right. I totally support this idea, I've seen some potentially amazing shops neglected because not enough people are ordering. This would bring attention to some of the newer ones, and credit to the older ones. I'd love to see this idea happen!

And I think Insiders are mature enough to understand not every shop can be picked. If they're mature enough for a shop in the first place, I'm sure they can understand.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #10
Gift Guru

Delilah defies all odds
Delilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all odds

This is a good idea, except that even with it being up stickied, doesn't mean it will get posted on.
Delilah is offline Female
Closed