Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #21
spongiebobbie
Gift Guru

CatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Grammar and Punctuation!

I like to proofread before I post to make sure I spell what I hope is correctly. My biggest errors usually come in the sentence construction. Mine are usually quite wordy with....'s stringing together the ideas for words running through my head. I find being concise another problem of mine. I take pride in my superb reading and comprehension skills but wish my sentences would match the smarts I think I have! (Notice I don't claim to actually have them, it's just a delusion!)

A little prejudicist perhaps, but I find myself judging others on this, and find myself forming opinions on their education levels. Remember a friend's Mom who wrote her a note saying please swept the floor before I get home and I was shocked about that. Guess while I wouldn't think twice about leaving the house with mismatched clothes I would shudder at incorrect quick note writing.

I think that good spelling, grammar, sentence construction, punctuation seem to be going the way of the dodo. It's nice to be quick with texting, but since we are in forum mode wish more people would use the longhand and proper wording.

Working on word snobbery....and dots....and sentence construction....and being a better person...and a whole list of stuff!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #22
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by [xo] Pop-Tart
I guess I agree with you.
I try to use good grammar, but sometimes I'll just forget a capital or period or two. We can't really change how people type; they might feel more comfortable typing that way or something. It is readable, so at least we can read it.
Same here! I just don't like when I can't read it all, and I feel embarassed if I ask
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Old 04-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #23
My Mommy Says I'm
Gifted

Amymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to all

I had a theard like this. I agree!
Amymt is offline Female
Old 04-03-2009, 11:14 PM   #24
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

It definately bothers me sometimes.
Now, i'm not the grammer police [lol] but I think that it would be nice if members could post in nice, complete sentances. Now, I understand people saying,

hayy! what are yall doing?

I think that's perfectly fine, but the whole run on sentence, no punctuation, and half the words are gibberish, not okay. Great thread!
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
hp was here first :p, janwebbies waz here, stgirl was also here, we were all here