Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Grammar and Punctuation!

Those are some of the things I love it when people do! I don't like it that much when you can't tell where a sentence starts, and stops. So, this is just a friendly reminder to always include those two things in all of your posts! It makes you sound much more professional, and how would you like the two examples below.

Example 1: "so hows it goin im not doin much so wana chat or something"
THAT IS THE DO NOT!

Here is the "Do!"
Example 2: "So how's it going? I'm not doing that much at the moment, so would you like to chat?"

See how professional and easier to read the second sentence was!?
Thats why I like it when people use good grammar, and punctuation.

PS: I sometimes use smileys as punctuation, such as "Have a nice day "
Please post your comments below

Last edited by januarywebkinz; 04-02-2009 at 03:50 PM..
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #2
Oh my Squash!
Gift Guru

stormtuckergirl is a splendid one to beholdstormtuckergirl is a splendid one to beholdstormtuckergirl is a splendid one to beholdstormtuckergirl is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Grammar and Punctuation!

I agree!I hate it when people post in the "somebody help" section and don't put a question mark after the question. They might be like "I cant logg on 2 webkinz how do i get on." It's also not pleasant to read.
stormtuckergirl is offline Female
Old 04-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
littlepugs5359
Webkinz :)

littlepugs5359 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much for posting this! I just love when people use proper grammar as well. It just makes things so much easier to understand and makes it look much better!
littlepugs5359 is offline Male
Old 04-02-2009, 03:54 PM   #4
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Tinkerbella
i usually dont but i know what you mean,, it is faster to not put the punctuation though..

.. i tend to put too many periods, commas, explanation points etc. BUT i always forget about caps, andaposterfees [no clue how to spell that ] ..
Lol, I know what you mean. About two months ago, I had no punctuation at all xD Also, I have been trying not to use as much text speak Which shows how WI has helped me!
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Old 04-03-2009, 02:05 AM   #5
covered in milk
Banned
luckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to behold

I try to use proper English in all my posts, unless, I'm in a rush (e.g. I gtg see ya)
thanks for reminding us! we should all at least make our posts legible!
luckypenny is offline Female
Old 04-03-2009, 05:09 AM   #6
iscream247

bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!

I always try to use proper punctuation and grammar. The younger generation are so used to texting and IM'ing that they abbreviate everything and rarely use punctuation. I am getting used to it and can decifer most of it now.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:15 AM   #7
Psykobarbie

Psykobarbie is a glorious beacon of lightPsykobarbie is a glorious beacon of lightPsykobarbie is a glorious beacon of light

I SO agree with this. I am a total grammar and punctuation nerd. My biggest pet peeve is the very common mix-up between your/you're.
Your-Something that belongs to you. (eg.) Your house, your backpack and so on.
You're-You are. You're so cool! You're a very helpful member here on WI.
There is a BIG difference between 'your lunch' and 'you're lunch'!!
Psykobarbie is offline Female
Old 04-03-2009, 08:26 AM   #8
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

I totally agree! Sometimes I spen like 10min trying to decipher somones message.

If you don't kno how to spell something, that's okay, just put an '[sp?]' after it.
lilhorselover is offline Female
Old 04-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #9
I love youuu. <3

orangefairy555 has a brilliant futureorangefairy555 has a brilliant futureorangefairy555 has a brilliant futureorangefairy555 has a brilliant futureorangefairy555 has a brilliant future

Oh that bugs me. I myself always try my best to spell correctly. In school I'm called the dictionary...I can spell a lot of words. (Ex/ Abnormally). I'm not all that good with grammar and punctuation, but I read it out and see when I need a breath, comma. Period is when you get off one topic and move to another. Exclamation point for yelling or excitement, question mark for questions. That's how I remember. It's not that hard to do. For spelling just try your best and if you don't know see if you can substitute another word that you DO know how to spell and then if it doesn't work, try the other word in the best way you can and put (sp?) after it. And also if they put (sp?) after the word it would be nice if you spelled it correctly for them if you knew how to spell it. Then they can use it for future purposes
orangefairy555 is offline Female
Old 04-03-2009, 11:16 AM   #10
Psykobarbie

Psykobarbie is a glorious beacon of lightPsykobarbie is a glorious beacon of lightPsykobarbie is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by orangefairy555
Oh that bugs me. I myself always try my best to spell correctly. In school I'm called the dictionary...I can spell a lot of words. (Ex/ Abnormally). I'm not all that good with grammar and punctuation, but I read it out and see when I need a breath, comma. Period is when you get off one topic and move to another. Exclamation point for yelling or excitement, question mark for questions. That's how I remember. It's not that hard to do. For spelling just try your best and if you don't know see if you can substitute another word that you DO know how to spell and then if it doesn't work, try the other word in the best way you can and put (sp?) after it. And also if they put (sp?) after the word it would be nice if you spelled it correctly for them if you knew how to spell it. Then they can use it for future purposes
Haha, me too! After I won a spelling contest in school once, my classmates started calling me the human dictionary.

But grammar and spelling is getting really bad, and I blame the interwebs! I was in a first year university class, and after our first paper was graded, the prof had to give a lecture on why you can't use 'cuz and btw in formal papers. I couldn't believe it!
Psykobarbie is offline Female
Closed

Tags
hp was here first :p, janwebbies waz here, stgirl was also here, we were all here