Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #31
My Mommy Says I'm
Gifted

Amymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to all

Default Re: Grammar is good...SO USE IT!

Little kids know how to use puncutaition.

---------- Amymt added 0 Minutes and 20 Seconds later ----------

Sorry for my spelling.

Last edited by Amymt; 03-04-2009 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Amymt is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #32
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Amymt
Little kids know how to use puncutaition.

---------- Amymt added 0 Minutes and 20 Seconds later ----------

Sorry for my spelling.
Actually, no, not all of them.

There are kids as young as 9 on here, who signed up with their parent/s. When you're 9 years old, you probably haven't learned about double negatives, past/present/future verbs, etc.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 03-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #33

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

I agree it can be hard to read at times~

But, some of our members do not speak English as a first language, either. It can be a very difficult language to learn, there are a lot of rules & words that sound a-like.

Having said that - It's great that people are trying to promote grammar and spelling & a forum is a great place to practice!

But lets all try to remember that we are all different ages & come from different walks of life as well . And that we should respect WI's rules and try to avoid "text type" as much as possible.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 03-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #34
ow imma...
Webkinz :)

95cute51 has disabled reputation

I agree! I just want to jump insider the computer and change it! The only ungrammatical word I really use is lol (except in texting of course ) but I can stand it. I guess the reason I CAN stand it is because I love littler kids so much. And since this forum is for people of all ages it doesn't bother me unlis they go all 'no grammar' what so ever... Good thread!
95cute51 is offline Female
Old 03-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #35
~{Midnight.Train}~

Lolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clown

Ugh! I so agree! It drives me crazy to have to re-read thing several times! Especially for me. I have a real problem with patience so trying to understand things without punctuation really bothers me. I wish people would be smart and capitalize (something that really bothers me), use commas, and especially use quotes! I can't stand it when people are like: it was so funny today my friend got yelled at by the teacher she was all ugh maddie why do you always get the problem wrong

Doesn't it make more sense when you read it like this: Today was so funny! My friend got yelled at by the teacher. She was all,"Ugh! Maddie, why do you always get the problem wrong?" I wish people would use proper grammar skills. I get so bored of deciphering what other people are trying to say! Rep for you!
Lolo12 is offline Female
Old 03-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #36
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Talking Re: Grammar is good...SO USE IT!

View Post Originally Posted by Amymt
We all know grammar, so why do members never use it?

I would go to a thread and there would be so many run-ons with no comma's or periods or anything!

Do you like this-

"Hi how are you I went to the store today and found an awsome pair of shoes and they were like the perfect color and size so I went up to buy it but then the cashier walked away and I waited a long time for her to come back"

Isn't it hard to read. It's mostly hard for me because I have dyslexia so I was wondering if you like it or dislike it.

Do you agree?
Yes, that can be annoying in the forum, and about the children, some of them shouldn't even be on the forum, like seven year olds. But, you could do text speak, slang or jargon on the profiles, only if the person understands it, but in the forum use the preferrable language: English.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 03-04-2009, 09:08 PM   #37

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

Thank you! It really bothers me seeing all these run-on sentences and all the text-speak. Text-speak is okay, but some people use it so much that you have to really concentrate to actually know what they're saying....

REP!!!
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 03-04-2009, 09:10 PM   #38
Falling for

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

I think sometimes it has more to do with a person's ability to type than their grammar skills. If a person is not a fast typer, sometimes they take shortcuts. But you make a good point!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #39
My Mommy Says I'm
Gifted

Amymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to all

Maybe it's just because I'm dyslexic, but when I see something like that I can't even read the words because there hopping around so much.
Amymt is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 08:34 AM   #40
weevie97

mantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond repute

I see that often however... in the constitution it said The freedom to free speech.
mantateelover is offline Female
Closed