Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
My Mommy Says I'm
Gifted

Amymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to all

Default Grammar is good...SO USE IT!

We all know grammar, so why do members never use it?

I would go to a thread and there would be so many run-ons with no comma's or periods or anything!

Do you like this-

"Hi how are you I went to the store today and found an awsome pair of shoes and they were like the perfect color and size so I went up to buy it but then the cashier walked away and I waited a long time for her to come back"

Isn't it hard to read. It's mostly hard for me because I have dyslexia so I was wondering if you like it or dislike it.

Do you agree?

Last edited by Amymt; 03-03-2009 at 09:39 PM..
Amymt is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Grammer is good...SO USE IT!

I know! I talk text sometimes but rarely!
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Old 03-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

I see that a lot. However, sometimes people are just typing fast or are too young to know grammar

I made a thread like this recently, but this is a good reminder.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #4
ow
Webkinz :)

london45 has disabled reputation

Yes but commas people dont know where they go like little kids and litte people
london45 is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
Call me Bacon!

WeBkiNz_rox_929 is a jewel in the roughWeBkiNz_rox_929 is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, like they said up there ^^ some kids are younger and don't know how to use periods or commas. But I agree 100% that people should use some proper grammar so it's easier to read. I admit I don't use proper grammar sometimes but that's because I'm lazy or I just was rushing.

Great thread, rep for you!
WeBkiNz_rox_929 is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #6
owzers, I sure am
Gifted

soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!

Great thread! When people use proper grammar, it makes everything much easier to read! rep for you!!
soccerox7 is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #7
Bill Kaulitz is
Gifted

-Miss-Webkinz- is a splendid one to behold-Miss-Webkinz- is a splendid one to behold-Miss-Webkinz- is a splendid one to behold-Miss-Webkinz- is a splendid one to behold

FINALLY SOMEONE!!! i REALLY cant stand it when people do that becuase sentences go on and on like this and its super hard to read and and and...

Thank you for FINALLY stating this.
and... btw, it's spelled GRAMMAR
xD, easy mistake.
-Miss-Webkinz- is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #8
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

I personally think it's OK- as long as not a lot of textspeak is used. I agree with the others- sometimes people type too fast or haven't learned the proper use of punctuation or word structure/spelling and stuff. But, good idea. I do get anoyed when MESSAGE AFTER MESSAGE has a bunch of misspelled words.

[In order to convey this idea properly, you might want to properly spell grammar in the title ]
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #9
call meh ciara. :)

cmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clown

y does it matter ? tht might hurt people cuz maybe they forget to. or maybe there young. well, i personally dont find if offensive cuz like its fun talking like this with no punctuation.
cmb123 is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #10
WHONKY TOWN™
Gift Guru

kinztown194 is an unparalleled talent
kinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talent

I wouldn't really like to read run-on sentences or bad grammar. But as others said, a person might not know English very well or is too young
If I'm rushing and typing fast, I might make a few mistakes xD
Generally, I wouldn't mind about grammar too much, but would be better if the sentence wasn't a run-on
kinztown194 is offline Female
Closed