Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 09:46 AM   #61
Webkinz :)
Andykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Got bad virus from webkinz insider

I think WI is virus-free!!!!!!
Andykinz is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2008, 09:49 AM   #62
TwilightGirlz2
Gift Guru

kinzgirl2 is a jewel in the roughkinzgirl2 is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Again, if this were coming from WI, hundreds, if not thousands of people would be seeing them.

The top one is an expandable ad from the top 728x90. It will open up if you put your mouse over it. That Virgin ad is disconnected from any ad unit on our site and I can't explain it, but neither are pop-ups.
Hi Justin, I 'm not trying to cause problems, I didn't even start this thread, but when I noticed them pop up for me to thought it best to bring it to attention. I posted the screencaps I took. I just don't understand why I'm getting them from only this forum. I bet in a few days we'll hear more and more post that their getting pop-ups to. I have Norten and other Anti-Spy programming and they seem to be running fine. This is strange and since it only happens to me when I'm in this forum makes it even more strange. I hope we can all get this figured out soon.
kinzgirl2 is offline Female
Old 11-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #63
I'm finally a

gatorgirlchamps is a jewel in the roughgatorgirlchamps is a jewel in the rough

I think that's a worm virus...a special type though. GET RID OF THEM or you might losing data like word documents and stuff!
gatorgirlchamps is offline Female
Old 11-11-2008, 09:52 AM   #64
basketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roostbasketball91395 rules the roost

I bet WI has no viruses, you're not quite sure that the virus is from WI.
basketball91395 is offline Female
Old 11-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #65
I always knew I was
Gifted

Ribbitsqueak has much to be proud ofRibbitsqueak has much to be proud ofRibbitsqueak has much to be proud ofRibbitsqueak has much to be proud of

I think too many are entirely too quick to jump onto the "WI gave me a virus" bandwagon. I have to say that just because a site is the one you use the most or the one you go onto the first time you see a particular pop up add that might signify a virus doesn't mean that that's where you got it from. I spend most of my time on WI and last night Safari completely crashed on me to the point I had to wipe it from my hard drive and start over. Was this the fault of WI and some malicious code contained therein? No!! It was something I clicked on in another site that I briefly visited for 2.2 seconds while looking something up. I just think that you should stop and think before pointing fingers of blame. And Justin I think you're showing remarkable patience through all of this.
Ribbitsqueak is offline Female
Old 11-11-2008, 10:16 AM   #66
Andykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clown

Guys, Justin worked so hard on this site! Why complain?
Andykinz is offline Male
Old 11-11-2008, 10:36 AM   #67
TwilightGirlz2
Gift Guru

kinzgirl2 is a jewel in the roughkinzgirl2 is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by Andykinz
I'm not complaining, I feel I'm being helpful. I never said I had a virus, just that I'm getting pop-ups. My Norton says everything is fine. If anything maybe the title needs changed so it doesn't scare anyone. I'm relieved Justin says everything is okay. I will take his word for it. I would hate for WI to crash just because everybody who noticed a problem wouldn't bring it to attention because their afraid of being bashed. I am checking into things on my end. Just Noticed a patern for the pop-ups and thought Justin would like to know.
kinzgirl2 is offline Female
Old 11-11-2008, 11:12 AM   #68
Gift Guru

Kikio wears the mantle of perfection with graceKikio wears the mantle of perfection with graceKikio wears the mantle of perfection with graceKikio wears the mantle of perfection with graceKikio wears the mantle of perfection with graceKikio wears the mantle of perfection with graceKikio wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Donation Award 

I got the sheep and the airplane ones yesterday when I was on WI .Knowing about this thread I ran an updated on my virus protection and scanned my computer, it showed nothing.

---------- Kikio added 24 Minutes and 19 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Andykinz
I saw these popups too, I'm sure that the people who run this site need to know that this is going on. I go to lots of places on the internet and my popup blocker works everywhere else.I know I have only seen those popups posted earlier right here.

Last edited by Kikio; 11-11-2008 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Kikio is offline Female
Old 11-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #69

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Hi all,
Just adding to this. - I'm on WI every day, on multiple computers. I have never once seen these pop ups that you have posted. I'm *not* saying you are lying. But could there be an issue with your resolution on the site? I heard once (not sure if it's true) that banners are made to fit a certain size. If it doesn't it looks a little odd.... some are made too large as well and it looks like a "pop up". Also some are made to "pop up" (but it's not really - just expanding) to get your attention.

Another thing is the possibility of spyware on your computer. I remember we had an issue with it long while back and it was a browser "hijacker" - would take us to not-so-good sites and not so good "pop ups" would appear in ad areas on sites...

Just a few ideas.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 11-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #70
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

I come on WebkinzInsider everyday since I joined, and I haven't had any issues. It has loaded slowly before, but that's probably just my computer. I haven't gotten any viruses, or anything like that. The only thing I've gotten was a pop-up on the homepage advertising cursors/pointers. No big deal. Are you sure the viruses/popups aren't from other sites you've visited?
smvmonkey is offline Female
Closed