Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008, 01:18 PM   #11
aurorac
Gifted

LLCampos is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Gift Extange to be Open To All?

View Post Originally Posted by fairlyoddmom
Our gift exchange will not change...nor will our requirements.

I can see our traders working their deals here then using the new system to swap items instead of using Kinzpost. That is the only thing I can see being different. If your trade involves more than three items, you'll have to switch user names to another one of your accounts...or wait until the next day as you'll be limited to the number of items you can transfer with one person in a day.
I had not thought of this scenario.....that would make it much easier....only drawback being to do that you both have to be online at the same time and that doesn't always happen. I will continue to use WI for my trading as I enjoy being able to negotiate for what I want and for what I offer. And I also think the "rules" for becoming gifted are just fine. There is no reason for them to change.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2008, 01:32 PM   #12
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by LLCampos
I had not thought of this scenario.....that would make it much easier....only drawback being to do that you both have to be online at the same time and that doesn't always happen. I will continue to use WI for my trading as I enjoy being able to negotiate for what I want and for what I offer. And I also think the "rules" for becoming gifted are just fine. There is no reason for them to change.
Also...how many rooms will there be? Can you see trying to get into a trading room? Then finding the other user? I'm with you.

The only enhancement to our trading experiences would be the greater security because of the trading interface as WW will never guarantee Kinzpost.

But honestly...until its out...and we all get to play around on it some...none of us will really know how we will integrate it on a personal basis.
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Old 05-15-2008, 01:35 PM   #13
PM me for it :)
Gifted

*ChasingDreams* will become famous soon enough

Yes...I like how on WI you can actually interact and negotiate. It makes it more fun...and seem more real than WW's will.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:49 PM   #14
BjornTorunn
Gift Guru

BjornTorunn is just really niceBjornTorunn is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by pattycake
I had the idea that since that new room is coming out in the clubhouse and there is no way to trick the system that the gift extange could be open to all, as now you can't trick each other and just get free items. I'd like to here everyones opinion of this. The Point of the GE would be to let people know the amazing items you have up for trade.
I think we should wait to see the new system before assuming there is no way to trick it. Ganz's history on new features is not one to inspire confidence.

The new system might enhance the system in place here, providing a better way to do the transfer of virtual items than KinzPost. As others have pointed out already, it is unlikely to provide as interactive an exchange, allowing discussions. If anything, I would guess it will open up even more scammers as they figure out ways to trick people into unfair exchanges using the new system.

One of the big advantages of the system here is that an unfair trade can be noticed and reported by anyone who is gifted. Flag the post of an unfair exchange and the moderators will notice and take action. That provides a lot of oversight.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Ganz's new system for 'secure' exchange of items is. I doubt however that it will replace the exchange system here.

---------- BjornTorunn added 2 Minutes and 30 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by fairlyoddmom
Our gift exchange will not change...nor will our requirements.
I would have phrased that last part differently. It might be better to promise 'nor will we relax our requirements.'

Last edited by BjornTorunn; 05-15-2008 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
BjornTorunn is offline Male
Old 05-15-2008, 01:58 PM   #15
PM me for it :)
Gifted

*ChasingDreams* will become famous soon enough

I think it will be kind of difficult to get a fair and secure trade when you cannot talk! LOL!
Old 05-15-2008, 02:01 PM   #16
legalcat

Also.. lets be honest.. if you dont want to take the time to become gifted (I'm not directing this at any one specifically)... theres half a dozen other websites where you can go to trade items on W... WI is not the only one thats for sure...

but WI as far as I know is the only one that really cares about their users... has put a system into place where you have to get gifted and are held accountable... I recently visited another site where all you had to do to be considered a trader was post a message saying you would be a good one.. and really you didnt even have to do that cuz you already had access to their GE, but they asked you to do it before you opened your thread... but there arent any rules of any kind.. there is a feedback system but its just numbers and since users cant see what the actual messages behind the numbers are or who gave them, its pointless... one user can give you 5 positive feedbacks for the same trade.. and it shows as 5 positive feedbacks and you have no idea if they traded with 5 people or what... also there is no guide to how long a trade can take, AND people cut in on your trades and there isnt any protocol about offering on something that someone is already offering on etc...
Old 05-15-2008, 04:15 PM   #17
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

Default Re: Gift Exchange to be Open To All?

View Post Originally Posted by legalcat
... I really think there is a huge opportunity for people to be taken advantage of especially kids who may not really realize... I could see a little kid trading a charm tiara for some funky looking recipe food cuz it was cool or some thing...
View Post Originally Posted by dusangpyong
I have no intention of using it because I want to know that the people I am dealing with know what their items are worth and know what mine are worth, so that I can feel I made an ethical and fair trade.
Kids do think just like legalcat said. If they don't like something (even a very valuable rare or retired item) they would be willing to swap it for any pretty cheap thing they see.

How will the new system prevent those kinds of very unfair trades? Doesn't seem to be any way.

Seems like this new trading area might be easily abused by some unethical people. It is so much safer on the WI Gift Exchange.
BERT_X is offline Male
Old 05-15-2008, 04:17 PM   #18
hey macarana!
Gifted

lemonwedge is a jewel in the roughlemonwedge is a jewel in the rough

i don't trust some people on WW i would rather trade here, unless they have a comment box or something
lemonwedge is offline Female
Old 05-15-2008, 04:20 PM   #19
Tim Gunn is a
Gift Guru

kateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud of

just like everyone else has said, the ge will not change here. I think the new one will be filled with bugs and minor mishaps, it will be much easier to continue to use wi's ge
kateannec11 is offline Female
Old 05-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #20
Gift Guru

Lioness is too good to be trueLioness is too good to be trueLioness is too good to be true
Lioness is too good to be trueLioness is too good to be trueLioness is too good to be trueLioness is too good to be trueLioness is too good to be trueLioness is too good to be trueLioness is too good to be trueLioness is too good to be trueLioness is too good to be trueLioness is too good to be trueLioness is too good to be trueLioness is too good to be trueLioness is too good to be trueLioness is too good to be trueLioness is too good to be true

With all the problems trying to get into the webkinz stadium I cannot even image the wait time trying to get into a trading room.
Closed