Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
greensparkly
Webkinz :)

pattycake is a jewel in the roughpattycake is a jewel in the rough

Default Gift Extange to be Open To All?

I had the idea that since that new room is coming out in the clubhouse and there is no way to trick the system that the gift extange could be open to all, as now you can't trick each other and just get free items. I'd like to here everyones opinion of this. The Point of the GE would be to let people know the amazing items you have up for trade.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
shelyn72
Gifted

shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Gift Extange to be Open To All?

The gift exchange here is completely different than the one on WW will be. Here you can actually speak one on one and negotiate the exact trade you want. And sometimes trades are for many items whereas WW trading will probably be limited to 3 items at a time. I for one, will continue to trade here, but probably wont' use the one on WW. At least I won't until I see verification that it works properly. I don't think there are any plans to change the GE policy on WI and there isn't any reason too. The GE IS open to everyone now. The requirements to get in are not very hard to fulfill. Basically all you have to do is prove that you're reasonably mature and fair.
shell4 is offline Female
Old 05-15-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
Dotty5767
Gifted

michelesobo is on a distinguished road

I got to be a gift trainee fairly easily. They are just trying to make sure people are courteous with their trading here. On ww you won't be able to talk to anyone! Here you can negotiate and have relationships. I love it here! I am thinking when the ww trading opens it will be as reliable as the stadium is now =P hmph!
Old 05-15-2008, 12:21 PM   #4
PM me for it :)
Gifted

*ChasingDreams* will become famous soon enough

I do ont see how the WW trading system will even come close to WI's. (Great Job everyone!)

You can't really compare them though, as they will be totally different experiences.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #5
ricomom
Gift Guru

mom&corey is just really nicemom&corey is just really nice

The WI Gift Exchange has evolved into an awesome place to trade as well as a community for people to get together. I don't think that WW will be able to even come close to that type of trading system. Why would we want to change to something less?

Becoming a Gift Trainee is easy. Just a few simple rules to follow. Really, anyone can do it.
mom&corey is offline Female
Old 05-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #6
Webkinz :)
hip_happy_hop is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that's a great idea! I have been waiting for a respose and think everyone should be gifted. But if you cheat, they can take away your gifted status!
Old 05-15-2008, 12:42 PM   #7
PM me for it :)
Gifted

*ChasingDreams* will become famous soon enough

The requirments are not difficult to meet, though. I like the fact that you have to prove yourself before you can get extra priviledges.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:54 PM   #8
dusangpyong
Gift Guru

dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!

The GE here isn't just designed to keep people from getting free things by tricking people. You also have to have a grasp of the value of the items you are trading, especially if you went through the training section first. Once you graduate from there, then you get to the regular GE knowing a lot about the values of your items and trading etiquette, otherwise, you wouldn't graduate.
I can't see how WW could possibly come close and I anticipate there being a lot of scamming on WW due to things like "Plumpy Glasses are just clothing, so they aren't worth much, but I'll give you a Good Fairy Shirt for them" when in reality the glasses are retired clothing. You will run into a lot of people trying to get something for nothing once WW opens their trading area.
I have no intention of using it because I want to know that the people I am dealing with know what their items are worth and know what mine are worth, so that I can feel I made an ethical and fair trade.
dusangpyong is offline Female
Old 05-15-2008, 12:59 PM   #9
legalcat

I agree... I found that getting gifted wasnt really that hard... I just participated in friendly conversations etc... its really not hard, but its "hard" enough to make it so that scammers probably wouldnt waste their time... I dont really see how the GE on W would really work, because how do you find someone with a specific item? It LOOKS to me like you have some boxes and you drag stuff you might be interested in trading into the box and then the other person does the same and then you click on happy faces or sad faces or whatever to say yes or no... I dont see how you could really negotiate etc... plus the GE is like a family... Ive met some amazing people that I consider friends and thats a huge part of it to me... I think the GE room on W will be cute and could be fun to go hang out and do little trades... but in no way do I think it would replace what we have here on WI.

---------- legalcat added 1 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by dusangpyong
The GE here isn't just designed to keep people from getting free things by tricking people. You also have to have a grasp of the value of the items you are trading, especially if you went through the training section first. Once you graduate from there, then you get to the regular GE knowing a lot about the values of your items and trading etiquette, otherwise, you wouldn't graduate.
I can't see how WW could possibly come close and I anticipate there being a lot of scamming on WW due to things like "Plumpy Glasses are just clothing, so they aren't worth much, but I'll give you a Good Fairy Shirt for them" when in reality the glasses are retired clothing. You will run into a lot of people trying to get something for nothing once WW opens their trading area.
I have no intention of using it because I want to know that the people I am dealing with know what their items are worth and know what mine are worth, so that I can feel I made an ethical and fair trade.
Exactly... I really think there is a huge opportunity for people to be taken advantage of especially kids who may not really realize... I could see a little kid trading a charm tiara for some funky looking recipe food cuz it was cool or some thing... I do think it would be cute though... I definately plan to try it out with SMALL trades like PSF or dice kinz etc...

Last edited by legalcat; 05-15-2008 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-15-2008, 01:11 PM   #10
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

Our gift exchange will not change...nor will our requirements.

In WW you won't be able to actually speak to someone about what it is you want to trade. You meet someone in the clubhouse and you invite them over to the table...much like you invite them to play a game. You drag an item (or three) into one of your three boxes that you have and then they do the same.

There is no discussion that occurs.

I can see our traders working their deals here then using the new system to swap items instead of using Kinzpost. That is the only thing I can see being different. If your trade involves more than three items, you'll have to switch user names to another one of your accounts...or wait until the next day as you'll be limited to the number of items you can transfer with one person in a day.

Our rules and guidelines will remain intact. We have an amazing fair gift exchange here that has been built over lots of time and with lots of effort and thought. Its a solid program that can only enhance what WW has planned.
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Closed