Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 02:51 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

Asthmatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Red face Gift Box Shoes & other ?s

1) What's up with being "gifted"? The boards are flooded with people asking how to become gifted, asking why they aren't yet, etc. Is that the only reason for posting? What's the deal? Can they make special area for those posts so others don't have to wade through them or is that part of the draw?

2) Does PM stand for "personal message"? Is it like an email?

3) When WI lists what Arte will have for sale, they list the normal price & Arte's price. Where can you buy some of these articles, if not from Arte (ex. bee stuff, hockey stuff, etc.)

4) I was visiting Arte the other day & he had Gift Box Shoes for sale. ?????? I've NEVER seen them before but they aren't expensive enough to be rare. Are they part of an outfit? Were they part of a Christmasgive-away?
Attached Images
File Type: jpgwebkinz christmaspresent shoes.jpg (10.9 KB, 146 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2008, 03:20 AM   #2
spongiebobbie
Gift Guru

CatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Gift Box Shoes & other ?s

1) Gifted means having posted 50 non-fluff posts, being a member for 2 weeks, and in the proper forum area posting that you agree with the gift exchange rules. I am not there yet, but know that being gifted will allow you access to that part of this website, and that access will allow you to trade or make trades with other WebkinzInsider users. I think there are many people struggling to make posts or are confused with what to post and where to post....perhaps that is part of being new. I have that myself.
2) Yes, or private message, or something like that. Two members can exchange info or have a conversation without posting it on the forum. Once again I believe a certain amount of time and posts required to obtain that feature on one's account.
3) Arte doesn't only sell one item an hour, but when you look under Webkinz Information Center, and then Curio Shop at the top you will only notice one item posted in each hour (usually, sometimes there are 2 items from 1-2 pm as an example). So anything besides that item during that hour can be bought from the W-Shop. If you click on the WI GEV (Gift Exchange Values) it will tell you what items, like the bee outfit, hockey stuff, medival, egyptian, farm, science, and some other assorted that are only available through the curio shop. So can only collect one item an hour from the curio shop from that list, and many times it isn't rare. The chef hat might come up 4 times a day for example. The rare items are posted at the left of this screen to tell you, and it is usually only once a day, when that one item that is available hasn't come up for a while. Some don't appear again for months!
4) The gift box shoes should be leaving us soon. They are not part of an outfit. I read in the GEV that if it does leave and you hold on to it the price will increase in value depending on how much time has passed since it was last offered for sale.
5) Hope that helps. You sounded a bit frustrated...I found so much information by exploring this site by clicking on the boxes above and going through the forums....there is so much information to be found here!
Old 02-07-2008, 06:13 AM   #3
ha'ts up? ;]
Gift Guru

smiley7000 is a jewel in the roughsmiley7000 is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by CatCaretaker
1) Gifted means having posted 50 non-fluff posts, being a member for 2 weeks, and in the proper forum area posting that you agree with the gift exchange rules. I am not there yet, but know that being gifted will allow you access to that part of this website, and that access will allow you to trade or make trades with other WebkinzInsider users. I think there are many people struggling to make posts or are confused with what to post and where to post....perhaps that is part of being new. I have that myself.
2) Yes, or private message, or something like that. Two members can exchange info or have a conversation without posting it on the forum. Once again I believe a certain amount of time and posts required to obtain that feature on one's account.
3) Arte doesn't only sell one item an hour, but when you look under Webkinz Information Center, and then Curio Shop at the top you will only notice one item posted in each hour (usually, sometimes there are 2 items from 1-2 pm as an example). So anything besides that item during that hour can be bought from the W-Shop. If you click on the WI GEV (Gift Exchange Values) it will tell you what items, like the bee outfit, hockey stuff, medival, egyptian, farm, science, and some other assorted that are only available through the curio shop. So can only collect one item an hour from the curio shop from that list, and many times it isn't rare. The chef hat might come up 4 times a day for example. The rare items are posted at the left of this screen to tell you, and it is usually only once a day, when that one item that is available hasn't come up for a while. Some don't appear again for months!
4) The gift box shoes should be leaving us soon. They are not part of an outfit. I read in the GEV that if it does leave and you hold on to it the price will increase in value depending on how much time has passed since it was last offered for sale.
5) Hope that helps. You sounded a bit frustrated...I found so much information by exploring this site by clicking on the boxes above and going through the forums....there is so much information to be found here!

That is all correct!!!
smiley7000 is offline Female
Old 02-07-2008, 07:16 AM   #4
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

CatCaretaker - What an excellent response! Should you ever decide to apply to be part of the gift exchange, these are exactly the kind of posts that will get your thru! Very helpful and informative.

Just a few side notes for Asthmatic - there are lots of reasons to post other than trying to get into the the Gift Exchange.

- Your questions will help other new members find out the ins and outs of the site.
- Sharing of information and news.
- Ideas, thoughts and suggestions.
- Just all around fun for all things Webkinz

Access to PM'ing will be unlocked one you have reached 10 posts and you see that you have become a "Webkinz" (it will be listed under your username). There are 'cycles' that run on WI, so once you do hit 10 posts it may take just a little while before your status changes.

CatCaretaker has some good advice - browse around and explore the forums. Looking thru the FAQ's may also help to answer more of your questions. Everyone here is very helpful tho, so ask away if there is anything else you would like to know! Welcome to WI and enjoy all that the site has to offer
kayembee is offline Female
Old 02-07-2008, 11:22 AM   #5
petlover109

petlover109 is an unknown quantity at this point

the gift box shoes are rare. they are just something fun arte decided to do
Old 02-07-2008, 04:34 PM   #6
Band Geeks Unite!

wookie101 has a spectacular aura aboutwookie101 has a spectacular aura about

1) What's up with being "gifted"? The boards are flooded with people asking how to become gifted, asking why they aren't yet, etc. Is that the only reason for posting? What's the deal? Can they make special area for those posts so others don't have to wade through them or is that part of the draw?

Being gifted means that you have access to the Gift Exchange, or GE, as it is commonly called. It basically is an area where people can trade their webkinz world items with each other. When you become gifted, a new section of the forum opens up so you can trade with others. Until you become gifted, which is completely your decision, you do not have access to anyone's GE or the GE section of the forum.

PM stands for "Private Message." It kinda is like an e-mail, only it is only between you and one or more WI members. Only the people you are sneding it to can read it. However, that does not mean that sensors do not get to it. Do not use inappropriate language in a PM or tell anyone personal information.

3) When WI lists what Arte will have for sale, they list the normal price & Arte's price. Where can you buy some of these articles, if not from Arte (ex. bee stuff, hockey stuff, etc.)

Some of these things are only found in Arte's shop. He sometimes prices them differently than last time it was in his shop, so I recommend keeping track of how much everything costs. Sometimes his regualar items cost less than W Shop items, sometimes it isn't.

4) I was visiting Arte the other day & he had Gift Box Shoes for sale. ?????? I've NEVER seen them before but they aren't expensive enough to be rare. Are they part of an outfit? Were they part of a Christmasgive-away?

I am not to sure about this one. I did, however, buy a pair of gift-box shoes. My guess is that they are a new Curio-Shop-Only item, and are rare.

I hope I can help! Just PM me if you have any other questions!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:16 PM   #7
KimKinz

View Post Originally Posted by Asthmatic

1)Gifted is when you can trade with other members of WI. Alot of people, like me, really want to become gifted. To become gifted, you must have at least 50 non-fluff, helpful, informative posts and have been a member for at least 2 weeks. Then you must agree to the rules in the thread.

2)PM stands for Private Message. This is a way you can talk to a member privately. No one knows what you're talking about but you and the person you're PMing.

3)You can only find those types of items at the Curio shop.

4)Gift box shoes arent in the shop too often. They arent considered as a rare item though. its just a new item that came out in December. I'm not sure if they've been out since then.

Hope I helped!
KimKinz
Old 02-07-2008, 10:28 PM   #8
ssstevie

kutiekoala101 is on a distinguished road

i think this is a very cool and informational post
Old 02-08-2008, 12:23 AM   #9

Asthmatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the responses. Things are clearer now...but there's still SO much to learn!

Please indulge me once more...I have another question
5) Do you have to reach a certain "rank" before you can have an animated avatar?
I've been playing around making my own avvie & siggie for the first time. TONS of people have animated avatars & some even have SLIDESHOWS; however, I always get a message stating animated avatars aren't allowed. Have all these other people fooled the system or do they just have more privileges?

P.S. Rep point to you, CATCARETAKER, for your informative answer--and because you love cats!
Old 02-08-2008, 12:28 AM   #10
james285
Banned
googlesman839 is on a distinguished road

WHAT ARE FLUFF POSTS??????
p.s-pm me if you want info on air canada flight 1 right now!
Closed