Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   Getting Rid Of Advertisements (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/getting-rid-advertisements-421285/)

Jake11-06-2008 08:03 PM

Getting Rid Of Advertisements

Alright, so I'm totally aware of how the advertisements help make WI easier to pay for, but I don't like how they have fake RPG games, and innapropriate advertisements all around the site.
A lot of the RPG games are actually Trojan Viruses, which follow your keystrokes to hack whatever site you go on. I know a Pokemon RPG I've seen on here have that.
Another advertisement is a Vampire/Werewolf RPG game, which shows disgusting images of Vampires and Werewolfs, and not suited for younger kids on this site.
I believe the advertisements should be taken off, or controlled for the safety of everyone on WI. Please post what you think.
-Clyde
Quote:

Originally Posted by MissGnomie (Post 11415839)
If you ever see an inappropriate ad or one that makes you feel uncomfortable, you can contact an admin via private message and ask them to look into it. - If they agree it is something they'd rather not advertise for they can have google block it.

Just provide them with a link (if you feel comfortable) date & time... which banner ad it was on. And a screen shot is most helpful. :)

If you see an inappropriate ad, please simply pm a staff member per Miss Gnomie's post. Thank you. Different ads pop up at different times. If the staff is not made aware, we can't do anything about it. smitchell

11-06-2008 08:04 PM

Re: Getting Rid Of Advertisements

I AGREE TOTALLY WITH YOU !!! YOU GO GIRL:thumbup:

Franks11-06-2008 08:05 PM

Yes I agree 100% Clyde! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballgal4kinz (Post 11412145)

Clyde is a guy. xP

Webkinz201211-06-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Nice! LOL! but yea he is a boy. I agree with you Clyde!

Jake11-06-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

I'm a guy.. (my signature has Pink and Orange because of my pets colors. xP)
And please don't use blue text, it's reserved for the Admins and Mods. ;)

Luckyquiggle123411-06-2008 08:08 PM

I totally agree! However, I never click those ads. Justin can't controll them, though. He can only suggest for Google to take away that specific ad. At least, I'm pretty sure.

Jake11-06-2008 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyquiggle1234 (Post 11412253)
I totally agree! However, I never click those ads. Justin can't controll them, though. He can only suggest for Google to take away that specific ad. At least, I'm pretty sure.

I never click them either, but I'm sure people on the forum have done it before. ;)

Luckyquiggle123411-06-2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Clydesdale Bros (Post 11412286)
I never click them either, but I'm sure people on the forum have done it before. ;)

Yeah... I'm sure it has happened. I can only trust the WI Gear ad. :2funny:

chatterbox4eva3911-06-2008 08:12 PM

I think WI can remove specific ads ... but they do need some to help pay for the site.

Jake11-06-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyquiggle1234 (Post 11412317)
Yeah... I'm sure it has happened. I can only trust the WI Gear ad. :2funny:

Agreed. :2funny:

Quote:

Originally Posted by puppylove ♥ (Post 11412358)
I think WI can remove specific ads ... but they do need some to help pay for the site.

I know that, and I support having WI get help to stay up and running, but I don't like how site advertisements with Viruses or Scams can show up (or the Vampire/Werewolf RPG) with so many younger users on the site. (I am young, I just want to look out for the way younger crowd. xP)