Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2015, 05:38 PM   #11
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Getting more mods

Click the image to open in full size.

if recent events are any indication, any mention of the F word (not the swear word but the f**nders word) is a hair-trigger. i'm going to state what (very little) i know for those new to the forum and then everyone is going to shut up about the topic forever and ever because we're all too young to be banned dangit.

while i do not have a complete understanding of the situation (nobody does), my little sister has informed me that j*stin has a y**tube account and is spending a lot of time making videos. which is fine i guess. the f**nders have other things to do with their lives and as far as i know they are still alive and well and don't spend their time sitting around and cackling evilly with WI open. no, they have stuff to do. they are not benevolent overlords who spend large amounts of time on a website they made like eight years ago for an online game made nine years ago, both of which are becoming exponentially more irrelevant with each passing day.

to relate this to the mods situation, others have covered the topic well. without a good deal of work from the f**nders, more moderators (and administrators i would assume) cannot be added. as long as there are still moderators on this website that are active (which we have!), the two humans who made this site don't really have much of a reason to worry. now, if all the currently active mods quit, i could see one of the Human Creators Of This Site coming back and adding a new mod or two. maybe. if there are more than like five other active users left.

okay now that i've typed a bunch and have almost certainly flung myself into Banning Territory with how in-depth i've gone, everybody hush up about the topic of moderators and f**nders forever and ever because this is like the fifth thread in the past week on this topic.*

*i may be exaggerating i don't know i can't count i can't even read sadgflkhjg lsflkmdsf

Last edited by b1uski3sxox; 01-03-2015 at 05:43 PM.. Reason: fixing redundancy idk why this whole post is redundant my whole life is redundant the universe is redundant
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2015, 10:25 PM   #12

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Ok, I wasn't going to post on this thread -- but I have gotten a few requests to clarify some things. So... here we go. I apologize for the point form, but I'm fighting off a nasty cold so its the best I can do to keep it sensible. lol.

1.) Nobody is getting banned for mentioning the founders, Wendy or Justin. The issue has never been mentioning them, the issue is trying to figuring out what they are doing offline/online, why they are not here, how we can force them to be here (lol), etc. etc. Just respect the fact that they have private lives too, personal stuff space, etc.

2.) That being said, it's cool some of you have found Justin's youtube channel. That is not a big deal. We just haven't mentioned it here because it is unrelated to WI. It's not a hush hush thing, we haven't discouraged people talking about it. ( What we *have* discouraged are conversations targeting other staff members about changes we have no control over. Like staff appointments, or updating the pets on the front page, etc). Just like Free Realms or Bearville stuff didn't make it over to WI very often (*maybe* we would mention it when the site opened) we don't cross promote too often. Because each Insider community is kind of separate? It's like the youtube channel is a sub-culture within the culture of WI.

3.) The reason we have asked members to chill out a little bit on this topic is for two reasons:

A.) It has come up many times in the past few months, and we have given the same answer each time.

B.) Same answer as last time, we can't resolve it. It's unfortunate, but that is just how it is. y'know?

Nobody is getting banned for discussing it, providing that:

1.) You follow the forum rules.
2.) You talk to/about (if you must talk about) members with respect.
3.) You talk to/about the staff with respect.

That's it.

PS. I would really appreciate it if you didn't joke around about being banned, or make passes about it, etc. We don't want to ban people, and it freaks people out when those kind of comments get made all the time about specific topics. We *want* feedback from people, the reason these threads are closed is because we *can't* change anything about this issue. It's not that we are trying to pick on members, or shut them up, or anything like that. Seriously guys, we have been pretty open about this stuff and no one has been banned (to my knowledge) recently about any thread like this.

We can only give so much time to the site, and we can't appoint new staff members w/o breaking our policy mentioned here --> http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...r-users-90076/

OK thanks.

Last edited by MissGnomie; 01-03-2015 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: .
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 01-04-2015, 11:02 AM   #13
hat even
Webkinz :)
girlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicness
girlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by MissGnomie
Ok, I wasn't going to post on this thread -- but I have gotten a few requests to clarify some things. So... here we go. I apologize for the point form, but I'm fighting off a nasty cold so its the best I can do to keep it sensible. lol.

1.) Nobody is getting banned for mentioning the founders, Wendy or Justin. The issue has never been mentioning them, the issue is trying to figuring out what they are doing offline/online, why they are not here, how we can force them to be here (lol), etc. etc. Just respect the fact that they have private lives too, personal stuff space, etc.

2.) That being said, it's cool some of you have found Justin's youtube channel. That is not a big deal. We just haven't mentioned it here because it is unrelated to WI. It's not a hush hush thing, we haven't discouraged people talking about it. ( What we *have* discouraged are conversations targeting other staff members about changes we have no control over. Like staff appointments, or updating the pets on the front page, etc). Just like Free Realms or Bearville stuff didn't make it over to WI very often (*maybe* we would mention it when the site opened) we don't cross promote too often. Because each Insider community is kind of separate? It's like the youtube channel is a sub-culture within the culture of WI.

3.) The reason we have asked members to chill out a little bit on this topic is for two reasons:

A.) It has come up many times in the past few months, and we have given the same answer each time.

B.) Same answer as last time, we can't resolve it. It's unfortunate, but that is just how it is. y'know?

That's it.

PS. I would really appreciate it if you didn't joke around about being banned, or make passes about it, etc. We don't want to ban people, and it freaks people out when those kind of comments get made all the time about specific topics. We *want* feedback from people, the reason these threads are closed is because we *can't* change anything about this issue. It's not that we are trying to pick on members, or shut them up, or anything like that. Seriously guys, we have been pretty open about this stuff and no one has been banned (to my knowledge) recently about any thread like this.

We can only give so much time to the site, and we can't appoint new staff members w/o breaking our policy mentioned here --> http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...r-users-90076/

OK thanks.
Well said, Miss Gnomie.
girlzluv2play is offline Female
Old 01-04-2015, 11:33 AM   #14
Gifted

powerpokmon is a champion of all thingspowerpokmon is a champion of all thingspowerpokmon is a champion of all things
powerpokmon is a champion of all thingspowerpokmon is a champion of all thingspowerpokmon is a champion of all thingspowerpokmon is a champion of all thingspowerpokmon is a champion of all thingspowerpokmon is a champion of all thingspowerpokmon is a champion of all thingspowerpokmon is a champion of all thingspowerpokmon is a champion of all thingspowerpokmon is a champion of all thingspowerpokmon is a champion of all things

View Post Originally Posted by MissGnomie

That's it.

OK thanks.
Very well said. I think this will give others some clarification
powerpokmon is offline Male
Old 01-04-2015, 12:22 PM   #15

ryhill is epic beyond epicnessryhill is epic beyond epicnessryhill is epic beyond epicnessryhill is epic beyond epicnessryhill is epic beyond epicnessryhill is epic beyond epicness
ryhill is epic beyond epicnessryhill is epic beyond epicnessryhill is epic beyond epicnessryhill is epic beyond epicnessryhill is epic beyond epicnessryhill is epic beyond epicnessryhill is epic beyond epicnessryhill is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by doodlebug72898
I hate to be dumb here, but I kinda *don't* know what happened to Justin and I have no idea what RP is.

I figure RP stands for role-playing. only thing I can think of. IDK

as for the whole topic, the forum is run by the owners how they want to run it. we don't have any input into it. we just come here to help and nice to everyone.

Last edited by ryhill; 01-04-2015 at 03:56 PM..
ryhill is offline Female
Old 01-04-2015, 12:33 PM   #16

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I think different staff members are more open to discussions in the suggestion section than others. I do appreciate being able to just simply discuss things in a civil way. That's how good ideas are discovered and created.. by the group as a whole being able to brainstorm and discuss things. Thank you MissGnomie for allowing people to share ideas here.

To get back to the OP's suggestion.. I wonder if there is a way for one or two people to be in charge of the RP section, sort of like the Gift Coaches and the WIki sysops, where they aren't necessarily mods, but can be entrusted with helping out with overseeing the RP section? Just a thought.

Last edited by Desty; 01-04-2015 at 12:39 PM..
Desty is offline Female
Old 01-04-2015, 03:33 PM   #17
Chimney loves Wacky!
Gifted

R3dRulez has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I think different staff members are more open to discussions in the suggestion section than others. I do appreciate being able to just simply discuss things in a civil way. That's how good ideas are discovered and created.. by the group as a whole being able to brainstorm and discuss things. Thank you MissGnomie for allowing people to share ideas here.

To get back to the OP's suggestion.. I wonder if there is a way for one or two people to be in charge of the RP section, sort of like the Gift Coaches and the WIki sysops, where they aren't necessarily mods, but can be entrusted with helping out with overseeing the RP section? Just a thought.
That sounds like a good idea. Maybe instead of 'inking' a thread, they'll make the first reply to the thread. And since helpers =/= moderators, there shouldn't be a problem with making background checks.
R3dRulez is offline Female
Old 01-07-2015, 04:19 PM   #18
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 

'All' staff members, have been asked by Justin and Wendy if they would consider becoming staff....not just Miss Gnomie or Electrabuzz. And all must pass a Back Ground Test...'not'
an "online" test. ( Just trying to clear up your misconceptions as to how we all became staff members.)
Gingerly is offline Female
Old 01-07-2015, 04:39 PM   #19
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 

As to all your questions about getting more Moderators.....

Well, that's kind of easy when you look at the bottom of the Forum, at the "Members Online."
How many do you see? Very few, right?
It's not more Moderators we need......We need more "members!" But.........
that's not very likely to happen unless you tell your friends to join WI. That it's still a fun place to socialize, meet new friends and play games.

There is nothing "hush-hush" about this thread, or about asking your questions.

Quite simply, Webkinz is no longer the popular toy it once was. Therefore, interest has dropped and so has our membership. Without a lot of members, less staff is needed to run the site, therefore more Moderators are definately not needed. There's just no point in that, right?

Please remember what Miss Gnomie said on this issue. She's absolutely correct.

I know you all feel sad that this site is no longer what it once was....I too, miss the good old days, when it was crazy busy here. ( Wasn't it soooo much fun!! )
Times have changed, but there's still so much to do here.....so many games to play and so many new friends to meet!

Last edited by Gingerly; 01-07-2015 at 04:47 PM..
Gingerly is offline Female
Old 01-07-2015, 05:06 PM   #20

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Hi Gingerly! It's great to see you!
I understand that more mods are not possible, but what if the staff were to delegate (like they have with WIki staff members, Gift coaches, or WIGEV helpers), where they are not mods, but rather just people that the staff has named as helpers? Maybe since there is a desire for RP activity here, something could be done to name people who would be helpful to monitor that section? This would not be a new concept here. (to have non-staff-members that help out) It might help to add to the activity here.
I'm sure that is something that the staff would want? Less work for themselves, and delegating the work so that more activity would be promoted. How could that not be something to be considered? It might save this site.

Last edited by Desty; 01-07-2015 at 05:09 PM..
Desty is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bradying