Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Strawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default A "Getting to Know You" Section

Hello I thought that maybe WI could have a section called "Getting to Know You". It could be right with the "Friends Wanted" and "Hi, I'm Joe" section since they are all similar. I just thought that it could really be helpful to people who are new to Webkinz Insider and to members who are looking for a friend that have something in common with themself.

For example, someone could post:
"Hi! My name is Strawberry Jam and I like to play Cash Cow on Webkinz World. I also like to swim and watch scary movies! I'm looking for a new friend/friends!"

...and then someone that had that same thing in common could post and then those people can be friends! It would be very helpful to the "Friends Wanted" section because they both are basically the same thing.

I know it's not the best suggestion, but it's just an idea
Please feel free to post your opinions!
(But please don't post rude ones, thanks!)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2009, 11:14 PM   #2
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 
Default Re: A "Getting to Know You" Section

I think this idea has good intentions, however, there are few problems, unfourtunatly.

First off, this section sounds much like what someone would post in the Hi I'm New! section or Friends Wanted! section, and it could lead to some confusion.

"Getting to know you" may give off the wrong idea. Newer members might mistake what information is right to post, and end up giving away their age, grade, and so on.

I really do think this is a neat idea, though.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #3

J Isabelle will become famous soon enough

This is a good idea. I like to write, mainly drama. I'm currently in a four-year science fiction project with other writers. It's a collection of short stories and round robins. I like to see it as a drama in a science fiction universe but other contributors are more into the science fiction aspect. We each have our own style and approach this in our own way. Some writers have well-detailed ships, from the exact size to their weapons but their ships are manned by a thousand nameless crew members. I don't know some of the specifications of my ship but I can name every crew member and tell you about their history.

Being into drama, I've written a number of dramatic moments but perhaps the most intriguing story line that we as a group have done is when three of my characters pirated a U.S.A.F. space battleship.

During our project a number of questions have surfaced: When is an artificial life form a citizen and when is he or she property? How do we protect U.S. borders when technology, which allows people to transport from one part of the world to the other or even to and from space, exists?

Jeanette Isabelle
J Isabelle is offline Female
Old 01-19-2009, 01:29 AM   #4
Graystripe is a
Banned
webkingirl9819 is a splendid one to beholdwebkingirl9819 is a splendid one to beholdwebkingirl9819 is a splendid one to beholdwebkingirl9819 is a splendid one to behold

I think this is a great Idea! It would be a great chance for me to get to know some other members!

However, there would be quite a lot of confusion. Someone would want to post something like this and would not know which of the three places to post it!

I really do like this Idea but I don't think we really need it (Although, I would love to get to know some people) We already have the Hi I'm Joe section and the Friends Wanted Section. This one would just make everything confiusing!

Great Idea though! I like it!

~webkingirl9819~
webkingirl9819 is offline Female
Old 01-19-2009, 06:11 AM   #5
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Strawberry Jam, you are always coming up with such wonderful ideas This one has a friendly ring to it, too.
I think it would almost eliminate those polls 'Are you like me?' The only problem I could foresee would be the concern about giving too much personal info. Because it sounds like an introduction, people might feel free to give information that they aren't allowed to post. I wonder if there would be a way to change that Title for the section, so that it doesn't imply an exchange of info.
Something Like a 'Common ground' forum or 'Birds of a Feather.'
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-19-2009, 07:27 AM   #6
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

Your idea is very good and it might be possible to have a set form with examples of what type of info should be used and what to avoid such as name and locations etc.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:41 AM   #7

miss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guide

I agree with the ones on top of me, but trying to figyure out what J Isabelle means.
miss sherbert is offline Female
Old 01-19-2009, 09:58 AM   #8
Gifted

pianolover is just really nicepianolover is just really nice

Great idea! I think, however, this is too similar to something that someone would post in the "Friends Wanted" or "Hi, My Name is Joe, and I LOVE my Webkinz!" sections. I think it would be too confusing, and as someone else stated, it could lead to personal information being handed out.

It is a good idea, however. Have a great MLK day
pianolover is offline Female
Old 01-19-2009, 10:01 AM   #9
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

She is showing us how she would introduce herself in that new forum. I like that because it shows information about herself but doesn't compromise her safety
I think mine would read that I am into computers, Webkinz World (No Really? ) and creative work. Drawing, art, writing and I love a good puzzle. Not the kind with puzzle pieces..I am always so disappointed that the lines from where the pieces connect show. Ruins the picture, in my mind. BUT, I like solving puzzles
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-19-2009, 10:02 AM   #10
HEY! I'M BACKERSSSS!

Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!

Donation Award 

I agree with Ave. But it is a good idea.
Franks is offline Female
Closed