Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2008, 03:51 PM   #41
CheeseBurger1

Default Re: Get rid of the annoying 10 character rule

Devonshire said that also, and you're welcome
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2008, 03:53 PM   #42
markcp
Gift Guru

TIAKinZ will become famous soon enough

Maybe in the DCT less than 10 might be ok, but not anywhere else. This IS a message board, it's not IM. And I'm pretty sure vBulletin won't let you change rules for specific threads, so I don't see that changing... but besides that, I think the 10 character minimum is a good thing.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #43
I stole your
Webkinz :)

lucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clown

I totally disagree. The 10 character rule is there for a reason. To keep spammers from spamming on threads! Like for example, just putting one little smiley face. Your post should mean something. That's what forums are for.
lucky4me243 is offline Female
Old 08-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #44
Rawrr!

Iluvwebkinz167 is a glorious beacon of lightIluvwebkinz167 is a glorious beacon of lightIluvwebkinz167 is a glorious beacon of light

I kinda agree, then again maybe not, I don't like it because when your profile messaging, If someone asks you something you might just say "ok" then go do whatever. I think for profile messaging it should be reduced to 5 letters.

Now for the part I like it is because it stops spamming on threads, no one likes people to go on their threads and have people say just small stuff like just "lol" what kinda throws stuff of topic, and sometimes even start fights.

So i'm not so sure if I like it or not.
Iluvwebkinz167 is offline Female
Old 08-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #45
ThePoint16 =)

Pointy_Queen16 will become famous soon enough

I disagree. As probably already posted, the 10 letter rule makes sure less "fluff" or spam posts get through.
For example, if someone came to your thread and said "UGH" it would take up some space. Not much, but it would get frustrating, and make the mods' jobs harder when it comes to deleting spam posts/threads.

Every rule is for a reason
Pointy_Queen16 is offline Female
Old 08-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #46

CocoLion is just really niceCocoLion is just really nice

I like the rule. It helps ensure that no spam gets to the board. It's not IMing after all, it IS a forum.

The only way NOT to have to do the stupid [makepostlonger] things, are you actually explain WHY you love that certian store, or WHY you disagree, or give an example

I agree with Gingerly. 20 would be wonderful!

Last edited by CocoLion; 08-03-2008 at 04:11 PM..
CocoLion is offline Female
Old 08-03-2008, 04:07 PM   #47
Gifted

webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!

on the daily chat thread yeah but in genaral fourums it should be their
webkinz is fun is offline Female
Old 08-03-2008, 04:08 PM   #48
Gifted

mirami has a reputation beyond reputemirami has a reputation beyond reputemirami has a reputation beyond reputemirami has a reputation beyond reputemirami has a reputation beyond reputemirami has a reputation beyond repute

I type a lot of stuff out so I don't get this rule.
mirami is offline Female
Old 08-03-2008, 04:09 PM   #49
BC is a

Maddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz is fun
on the daily chat thread yeah but in genaral fourums it should be their
no, it shouldn't be ANYWHERE.
Maddiebear is offline Female
Old 08-03-2008, 04:11 PM   #50
Ask! :)
Gifted

midnite95 has a spectacular aura about

I know I've already posted here like four times, but using the 10 character rule also helps add to the discussion.
Instead of people saying they agree, they elaborate on why it's a good idea.
Closed