Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 04:32 AM   #1
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber
Default Gentle Suggestion For GT Applicants

Hello.. I guess this is really for Mods and Admins.....not applicants. LOL
I wanted to make and observation and kind suggestion.

Regarding the GE Application Process.

I know the GE is not permitted to be discussed outside the GE, so I will try to refrain from doing so.

I have heard that someone applied for GE long ago when they were quite new. And received a nice letter telling them several things needed to do before being considered for the GE program.

They applied again. And never heard anything again. No letter. So they never knew the result of their application. Or what they could do to improve.

They applied again and a month later again they heard nothing.

Now.....it is not the denial of getting into the esteemed GE that I am writing about.

It is the denial letter that once was written that explained WHY and what to do that would end the wondering (are we being considered still? after a month? were we forgotten? can we reapply? what did we do wrong? What dowe Need to work on?)

The letter was so helpful! It put and end to the application. It gently explained why, what needed to be done.
To apply for the GE is like a right of passage for a lot of us and I feel a lot of us wait every day to hear some news from someone, when we hear nothing. Doesn't something so important as applying and agreeing to the GE deserve a resolution?

I am not trying to be resentful for hurtful or harassing in any way.

I know the GE is inundatedi right now with so many trainees and coaches that it is overwhelming!!! But your members who do not get in deserve as much curtosy in my opinion.

I just think that people who take the time to apply to the GE deserve something in the way of an explanation so we are not left wondering for months what happened.

Thank you for reading this. I know other members feel this way.
I apologize if it is against the rules.........but I do not know who to talk to about this.......and it is frustrating and takes away from the continuity of this forum.
rockermom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2009, 05:30 AM   #2
Gift Guru

californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Gentle Suggestion For GT Applicants

The first time I applied, and I think the second, I never got letters telling me why I was rejected. But they seem like they would have been so helpful! (:
californiax24 is offline Female
Old 09-14-2009, 07:36 AM   #3
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

If you ever wonder why it was deleted you can always pm a staff member.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:43 AM   #4
Gifted

Ginny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guide

Hmm Good Point.
Me AND My Sister Applied A While Ago.
Although Our Posts Have Not Been Deleted Just Wondering.
Ginny is offline Female
Old 09-14-2009, 07:46 AM   #5
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

IF your post is still there, then admin has not gotten to them yet.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:50 AM   #6
Gifted

Ginny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guide

Okay Thank You Very Much.
Ginny is offline Female
Old 09-14-2009, 09:37 AM   #7
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by COWS4YOU
If you ever wonder why it was deleted you can always pm a staff member.

I did ask and they said they were not permitted to discuss details about the GE (who was accepted or other details).

So you can see why I felt stuck.

It was just a disconnection that makes us (the Webkinz) feel separated from the (Gifted)
Old 09-14-2009, 10:13 AM   #8
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

I would also like to state that what I say below is to be helpful and I am not aware of not being able to discuss this material. So if its a problem let me know.

Okay it was my thought that once you apply if your name is still there they have not received your request yet as this takes time. Now if they remove your name because you do not qualify and you reapply you would not want to re-apply more than once. Iinstead check to see if your name is still on the list after your first reapplication. What is a good idea is to really familiarize yourself with all the rules for giftedness so that you will not get denied. Make sure you have everything you are supposed to have and if you do not, do not apply until you do. Applying when you are not at a place to qualify slows your process even more. All of the rules and requirements are listed on the site. So a letter in this case wouldn't be necessary since what you need is listed.

Adding notes is a wonderful idea, I just wonder if WI is has enough mods to do this. It might not be possible for them to get those notes out to everyone. I could be wrong there too. See the problem is the more we add to this process the even slower it will become..sigh..I am not sure what the answer is.

Also in looking back, I don't remember that anyone contacted me at all about any of this process rather...one day the section I would need would be opened and I could then enter it and get started. So...its not common for there to be a lot of communication really about your status. I do see though that if months and months go by there might be a need for some sort of communication..but that can be remedied by contacting the moderator.

Last edited by Tula; 09-14-2009 at 10:25 AM..
Tula is offline Female
Old 09-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #9
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

WI Subscriber

Mods can you please close this........I think it has been answered sufficiently. thank you!
Old 09-14-2009, 02:30 PM   #10
gangnam style
Webkinz :)

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

Before this is closed, I want to say... I knew this was true, but I never got a letter. I got in on my first application, before the GT program, but I really think this is a nice idea.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Closed